PDA

View Full Version : Desktop speakers suck

Billy Golightly
06-18-2003, 12:14 PM
My KOSS TD/60 headphones died and I had to go dig out a pair of old Cambridge soundwork desktop speakers...good Lord they suck! I think I'll be making a trip to Wally World this afternoon to try and replace my headphones or order another KOSS headphone set off of the internet. Music doesn't even sound like music, sounds like a bunch of crap.

Jeb
06-18-2003, 12:55 PM
I can just hear MRATC now...

Head-phones! you can plug-head phones into a computer????!!! :shock:

;) ;) ;)

Just kidding Bill, couldn't resist after the CD thing! :-D

ATC crazy
06-18-2003, 02:24 PM
I have a complete SONY surround sound system hooked up to mine. Like the kind you would have in your living room for movies...not the little dinky ones for the comp.

Kilborg
06-18-2003, 04:58 PM
I got my stereo in my bedroom hooked up to my computer. 375 watt pioneer head unit, realistic 10 band equalizer (which also throws in another handy 100 watts), pioneer tuner, and a magnavox cd player. This is hooked into 2 10's and 2 12 cabinents, and occasionally i will hook up a 400 watt amp w/ 2 15's (what i use for playing guitar) when i really want to crank. My fathers got a couple stereos 15 times better...

The only purpose built computer speakers I have ever been impressed with are the Klipcsch series.

PowerTrike
06-18-2003, 06:41 PM
I bought a cheap pair of unamplified (yeah thats bad) comp. speakers once. Damn they were loud.... about as loud as headphones get :x I chucked em' in my closet and left them there. You couldn't hear the things at all. Now all I got on my comp is some good sony headphones. Once I did fab up an rca cable thing from my old p.o.s. computer and hooked it up to my 250W stereo w/ about 10 speakers (i kinda have a collection of older ones) and a big ol' woofer, it sounded great :)