PDA

View Full Version : Good day at work?

Name Brand
08-12-2008, 02:32 AM
I've been doing crew chief training on Blackhawk helicopters lately. Today we flew sorta behind Anchorage up into Arctic Valley. We were practicing doing landings in tight spots/ hilltops / angles and such. From a few hundred feet up I spotted a moose antler on the ground. So we landed and picked it up! After taking off again we wondered if the other paddle was around and kept an eye out. Within about a minute I spotted another moose antler! We landed again and grabbed that one too. It wasn't from the same moose; another right paddle.

So, I ended up with two moose antlers in pretty good shape. The small one (second find) weighs 10.4 pounds and the large one is 13.7 pounds. The large one is about 36 inches on the longest dimension (Stump to fourth bowtine) with the paddle is about 22 inches long.

Who else had a good day at work lately?

dickieg89
08-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Ever watch blackhawk down or read the book? One of my good friends was in somalia when those choppers went down.

Anyways, to answer your question, i got promoted 3 weeksa ago, so that was a good day.

want to sell one of those antlers, i've been looking for one for my redneck/family room.