PDA

View Full Version : Ebay jacks up selling fees once again!

grundlegrabber
08-13-2008, 09:43 PM
As if the recent changes my ebay management haven't pissed off enough people, here they go again!
Just got an email from ebay detailing the new insertion and selling fees for vehicle categories.
Looks like they've changed the policy. Insertion fees for vehicle categories (cars, motorcycles, powersports) are now either eliminated or greatly reduced. HOWEVER, they have significantly increased the selling fee, charged when the auction ends. Motorcycles & powersports were previously $30 to list and $40 to sell (as if 70 bucks to advertise your bike wasn't enough). Now, it's free to list for the first four auctions, with a selling fee of $100! That's almost a 50% increase! It will now cost you an extra $30 to sell your bike or trike on ebay. I know I won't be selling any more vehicles there. :rolleyes:

mike from long island
08-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I received the same email from ebay.It is even higher for cars!!!

But you can bet I have listed my last complete bike on ebay.

Nothing has changed on their end.Just more greed!!!!

300rman
08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
i know its BS.
i almost listed my KX80 on there, till i read the REST of the story.......

dreadhed
08-14-2008, 09:15 PM
i know its BS.
i almost listed my KX80 on there, till i read the REST of the story.......
The rates haven't wen up yet. It's some time in Sept.

It is total BS though. They are getting out of hand. I like how they say it's what the sellers want.

Blown 331
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
We have been using craigs list instead. It's free with great results.

rdlsz24
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Sell local with CraigsList! The only problem I have found with CL is that people are looking for a good deal and will lowball you mercilessly lol.

Rob

Dirtcrasher
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
And on CL, some of these guys just show up to case out your stuff.....

rdlsz24
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Dang so it would cost $70 to sell anything over 50cc? lol so I could sell a $100 trike and have to pay $70 fees. Nice. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

Wonder if eBay would figure it out if you listed a complete trike in the parts category instead and avoided the high powersports fee. People would still find it. I rarely filter by category when I search. I'm going to be selling my 125m soon. Should I try it? I might just have to say for parts or restore in my title even though it's a runner in pretty good shape.

Rob

LonesomeTriZ
08-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Well so much for that idea. I was going to start posting some of my rides for sale.

rdlsz24
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
WTF!!

As of today they no longer allow you to accept money orders as payment unless you are listing in a small group of categories. I just got this message when I tried to list an item this morning:

Attention Seller:

Please review your item
It appears that you are offering money order as a payment method which is no longer permitted in the eBay marketplace. As of January 15th, we will be removing any items that offer this payment method within the listing. Sellers must offer to accept one or more of the following payment methods

Paypal

Credit or debit card processed through an Internet merchant account

Propay

Sellers may in addition offer to accept Payment Upon Pickup.

Please revise your listing by removing the banned payment method. Based on the safety concerns and input from the Community, eBay has established an Accepted Payments policy that clarifies eBay's position on payment methods.

For more information on the Safe Payments policy, please click on the following link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

I offer PayPal as a payment method in addition to the money order. It goes into more detail if you click the link. Are they just being greedy by forcing more people to use PayPal? Jeez selling on CraigsList and in online forums looks better every day.

Rob

Tri-ZNate
01-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Just write int he description that you accept money orders and list payment on pickup as their only option. That way ebay can screw you around

rdlsz24
01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
That's what I did and they caught it. They don't even allow you to choose it as a form of payment you accept. They must do a search on your description text.

Rob

nd4speed
01-20-2009, 03:14 AM
They have words that are flagged and software that scans for them

Insert a picture that has the words on it you want to add to your description?
Maybe use creative synonyms like "US monetary equivalent printed at the post office"?
How about "contact for questions about other forms of payment"?

freaksfix
01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Dang so it would cost $70 to sell anything over 50cc? lol so I could sell a $100 trike and have to pay $70 fees. Nice. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

Wonder if eBay would figure it out if you listed a complete trike in the parts category instead and avoided the high powersports fee. People would still find it. I rarely filter by category when I search. I'm going to be selling my 125m soon. Should I try it? I might just have to say for parts or restore in my title even though it's a runner in pretty good shape.

Rob

List in your auction for parts or fix, and list just a few small things wrong with it or the brakes dont work, thats what ive been doing since ive started using ebay 8-9 years ago..

They are getting real picky on key word spaming tho.. I had an auction get pulled cause they search for the word "not" and people listing other bikes. My auction stated "not bent" and they pulled it.. Fraken BS..

mike from long island
01-20-2009, 01:25 PM
I had all my auctions pulled because I stated "I reserved the right to end auction". That is a no no too.... I am getting pretty tired of them myself.Luckily I dont have much to sell anymore.And I have only been buying what I need.Not for resale....

hadar
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I just bought amplifier from a guy out west. Paypal held his $ until he shipped it and I got it and was happy. Dude was all kinds of pissed about it. I don't blame him. I never heard of PP holding peoples funds but I guess that's somthing they can do now. I don't think I'll ever sell anything on feebay again with those kind of rules.

mike from long island
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
You might have to provide paypal with tracking info to collect your money.How was his feedback.He might have had problems with his account and that was the only way he could still sell.. Anything is possible with those ebay/paypal crooks!!!!!!!!!!