PDA

View Full Version : Fired up the 350XRiders message board again

350Xhilaration
08-15-2008, 09:46 AM
No competition for this site, but another avenue to promote trikes and riding.

I had taken the boards down almost a year ago due to some spamming of registrations, but I think I've fixed it up now.

I may upgrade to the newest version of the software soon and rework the site a bit.

Stay tuned!!

http://350xriders.com/yabb2/yabb.pl

chris200x
08-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I hope it takes off well for ya. Too bad planet trike has died down. I really enjoyed the site but hardly anyone posts there anymore.

350Xhilaration
08-15-2008, 10:29 AM
I had it running for a couple years then shut it down.

There were too many bogus member registrations and the way I was combating it spooled thousands of emails a day to all of the bogus users. Really didn't go over well with my host at the time.

I made some changes so now you have to have one of a list of certain email domains before registering.

Hopefully that will keep the trash accounts out.

It just stinks to have the capability and not use it.

We'll see how it does. I'm not looking to have a mega trike forum (already 2 of those). Just a niche site for 350X owners.

I see you registered Chris...now add some content so people have something to look at other than the stuff I post. :naughty:

chris200x
08-15-2008, 10:35 AM
yeah I just registered. I was thinkn about doing a write up on my recent 350x rebuild. only problem is everone has seen it already on the two other sites lol

I'll get to post whorin there in a bit!