PDA

View Full Version : Got my Permit, man do i love driving :)

honda_atc200es
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
got my permit, even though its been like 2 months since my birthday. took the test, only 2 wrong :cool: . and i was walking to the truck and my mom handed the keys. which was even more awesome cas she had her friends truck, a late eighties gmc pickup with a nice v8 and aftermarket exhaust. boy was that a fun day.

aside from it being big, the steering messed up (something with the suspension, excessive wear on right front tire, makes truck pull hard to the right) and a tendency to suddenly be doing 90 if you sneeze. i just got goosebumps every time we pulled away from a stop sign.

i was allowed to go on the highways, basically anywhere i wanted. in a parking lot as we were heading out there was a ricer next to us beeping the horn my mom says " look he wants to race" so i punched the gas and his jaw just dropped :w00t: i was doing the speed limit though and there were no cars or pedestrians around, because i know that would be irresponsible, but when you have a truck like that you gotta open the taps a little.

all in all my only faults were, i hesitated at a yellow and ran a red light, i accidentally rolled through a stop sign because i was more worried about my signal, i didn't look both ways when i went to park, and i almost hit the car next to me when i backed out. but in my defense the truck was huge, and the car i will be driving from now on for my 20 hours of driving will be my explorer.

if my dad lets me drive..... he isnt supposed to know i went driving yesterday hehe

VenomRS4
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Congrats man! I remember when I first got my permit. That was one of the most exciting days of my life! Imagine how awesome it will be when you get you actual license. You'll be able to go out on your own and you will be looking for reasons to go driving. "We need milk.....I'll get it".

ATC-Eric
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Good for you man. I remember my first time on a crowded 5 lane highway, it was pretty intemidating; might have been 15, didnt even have a permit. Now I terrorize the interstate pulling a 16ft trailer with absolutley no fear or hesitation. :lol:

Be careful out there.

honda_atc200es
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
thanks:beer i just wish my dad would let me drive though, hehe

cybrman
08-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Milk....I'll got get it...
Damn now that brings ya back. You are dead on, at 16 you're ready to go for anything.
Congratulations and be safe out there. Start planning your moves in every situation "what if he changes lanes right on top of me" "then where am I goin kinda" stuff. Bunch of ding-a-lings roaming about out there....lol well at least down here.

seddon
08-20-2008, 08:32 PM
some advise when driving a big truck or any thing when backing out of a parking spot watch *Edited**Edited* frontend i hit a car but my parents have no idea happened a week after iu got my lisenses

honda_atc200es
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
yup thats what almost happened i wasnt watching my front end, i was rly nervous after that

super90
08-21-2008, 01:37 AM
congrats! i remember when I got mine my dad made me pass a car going 65 on a 2 lane highway. Lets just say I nearly ran him off the road after cutting back onto the lane way too fast :lol:

honda_atc200es
08-21-2008, 01:44 AM
i did that too, i passe dby choice though, he kept speeding up and slowing down, so i passed him, went into the lane again quicker than i would have liked though

The Goat
08-21-2008, 05:01 AM
i remember about 5 minutes after I got my permit, I was leaving the courthouse, and something told me to stop at the green light....when I did, a one ton dodge rolled through the light, I'd have been killed instantly most likely.

drive safe, drive the speed limit, and stay aware. I watch my mirrors as much as I watch the road.

honda_atc200es
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
thats one thing i need to grow a habit for is watching my mirrors

firehart
08-21-2008, 09:46 AM
After I passed driver's training at 14, I took my dad for a drive. I scared him so bad that he would not let me drive by myself until I was 15.

trikes4life
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
i got mine last fall, i drove all over new york for no reason. BE carefull trust me its no joke driving, i stuffed my car in a irragation ditch, almost hit a heard of deer, almost killed by a train. Blew three or for stop signs, not known they where there. Hit a kart corrale at local super market, got stuck on a dirt road, hit a tree, drove across a soccer field and a base ball field . Yeah its no joke and i got pulled over 3 times in less than 48 hours.

honda_atc200es
08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
woahhh lol, remind me not to drive with you jkjk. but what sucks now is my dad wont let me drive, and its a shame he dosent trust me, so now i have to wait until my mom lets me drive