PDA

View Full Version : Who has been here the longest?

Macs
08-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I was just wandering, who has been here the longest? It seems there was a whole diffrent group of people when i first got here. Alot of drama happened and new people has filtered in. I am curious to see who is still here from the begining and if there is still people here from 2002 when i showed up.

thefox
08-26-2008, 12:43 PM
There are still a number of us "old timers" lol around just most don't post as much as they are used to. I sure haven't been here the longest but I have put in my time.

MIK6
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
I think I was between #20 and #30 that signed up on the original board. I'm not sure if the guest book from back then is still up and running. I showed up along time ago, way before this 02 date from when the board changed to this style.
I remember when we hit the 100 member point LOL, back at TF02 we had 13 people show and we were proud of that accomplishment!!
The board keeps growing, lets keep it going!!

MIK6 / Mike

Macs
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
MIK6, did the dates reset when we changed to this style? It seemed like i bought my first wheeler in 2000, that is when i discovered this site. I just thought i was confused.

I looked on the Archives, in Dec 2002 i had a couple of post but they were after i had gotten my 200e running. So i am unsure if Dec 2002 is accurate

atctim
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
I came in around 1998 - or 99 and the site was pretty busy then. Nothing like todays post counts - but unfortunately - the posts had much more relevance back then. Less silly banter and such. For the record - I don't really consider myself to be an "old timer" on the site - most of the guys I talk to on here were here and established when I popped my ugly head in:)

Then back in 03 or so I almost got thrown out on my head for a stupid post I put up about a topic that I will not mention again on any ATV site. That is what has made me a stronger member than I was once before - learning a valuable lesson - and walking away with something I can pass on to other ATVers.

MIK6
08-26-2008, 02:26 PM
ya barry_mann. that is the date billy and howdy set up this style. If i remember rite they kept all the registered names on hold till we resigned up, it let us keep our names. I'm sure they will chime in w/ an accurate account of how it happened. billy might have a screen shot from back then too. maybe a link to the guest book.

MIK6 / Mike

Macs
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I was here for the style change. I remember, i was so aggravated because everything was not like i was use to seeing.

Now i really want to know who has been here the longest ( Active i mean )

Dirtcrasher
08-26-2008, 04:31 PM
I've been here (at the old board) since 1998 when I bought the 250SX.

I knew very little about trikes at that time but I knew I liked them allot.....

I can't remember my screen name back them but I don't think it was Dirtcrasher.

I remember buying a 200X shock from Howdy back then and I hadn't heard of EBAY at the time so I was psyched....

thefox
08-26-2008, 06:02 PM
I've been here (at the old board) since 1998 when I bought the 250SX.

I knew very little about trikes at that time but I knew I liked them allot.....

I can't remember my screen name back them but I don't think it was Dirtcrasher.

I remember buying a 200X shock from Howdy back then and I hadn't heard of EBAY at the time so I was psyched....

Well sure, back then when you typed in "atc" in the eBay seach you would get 6 pages of info, now there are (as of today) 60!

I started with ebay and 3ww around late '98 I think. I don't rember how long it took me to sign up on the board as a full member. I guess it was a good thing the tranny broke on my dad's YTM, that got me started.

J.D.
08-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I haven't been here the "longest" but I've been here for a few years. I forget exactly when....Jan of 03 I think??? I know things have changed a lot since I've been here though.

TravEX
08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I guess a little over 5 years for me. Like thefox, I don't post much anymore.

Barry Man, I guess I was a month behind ya.

Eric250R
08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Not sure exactly how long I'd been hangin around before I actually joined, but it was a long time ago. Back when the original board was on angelfire ( or maybe one before that ) Used to drop in to the chat room from time to time. Not sure why I waited so long to join.

threewheelin-feelin
08-27-2008, 12:41 AM
i started chatting in the chat room and looking over the site in late 2001 early 2002 when i got my first 200s...but i didnt join the forum till early 2004 but i have been here for some time now

factoryX
08-27-2008, 01:34 AM
lol, almost a year.

Andrew_250R
08-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Not long enough here, wish I would have joined back when I got the 81' up and running. Back in 06 I believe.

Nick_R_23
08-27-2008, 02:32 AM
I remember joining back in '06 with a 1983 ATC200. First thing I did when I got it was look on ebay for rear bearings (they were SHOT!!), and upon finding a set listed, I thought to myself 'Holy sh1t, they still make parts for this?? The things from freaking 1983!!" :lol: :lol:

Man, looking back I sure learned a LOT from everybody here. I dont think I couldve told the difference between any trikes if someone asked back then, but now it seems like I could rattle off the whole list and then some!!

-Nick :TrikesOwn

ScottZJ
08-27-2008, 07:22 AM
I have been here forever too lol. I guess alot of the older members dont frequent the boards as much as we did in the passed. The younger generation has taken over their style and types of posts.

Macs
08-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Man, looking back I sure learned a LOT from everybody here. I dont think I couldve told the difference between any trikes if someone asked back then, but now it seems like I could rattle off the whole list and then some!!

-Nick :TrikesOwnI am with you on that Nick. Back then i called every three wheeler a Big Red.

Howdy
08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
While I don't get on the forums as much as I have in the past I am still around. I remember the "inside the web", "boards 2 go", and 1 other message board. The 2002 date is when we switched to the 3wheelerworldforums.com web addy and this programing for the forums.

The original forums was something else. Imagine 40-70 postings ( not threads, but total postings in a week ). Triz Jim, Tim Sr, Cartman, and a few others were here then. I joined in aprox Sept-Oct 1999 and signed the guestbook in Dec that year.

Date: 1999-12-03 10:38:00 (GMT+1)
Robert (no email ) wrote:

I love the site. I hope it keeps going. Your doing a good Job.<BR> Howdy

Mik6, The guestbook is no longer working, but I do have a copy of it. we want to get another guestbook up and running, how ever I can't get time to install a program and get it set up yet. The original guestbook will be archived on the site for all to view some time in the future.

I'm thinking Mik6 was here before me as well.
Howdy

firehart
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I joined in 04. I had just got my 200x. Before that I never really payed much attention to three wheelers or four wheelers.

scooterroo
08-28-2008, 03:22 PM
joined in beginning of oct, 05, but often looked thru threads and such since like 2003. no clue why it took so long for me to join, but this site was my inspiration to start working on my first t3, which i started with just a bare frame! rock on 3ww!!! now i still have that t3, which is basically done, an 86 waiting for a motor, a 70, and two more bikes sitting in back of the garage that someday i hope to get to.

skippy
08-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I started on here from day 1.. ish.. But some bad dealings and juveniles made me shy away from visiting, posting and offering advice as much as I did in the past.. I started riding atc's in 1982 and have been going since.. But more on quads anymore then atc's..

I still enjoy collecting, and discovering new everyday! thx 3www!

Tri-ZNate
08-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm a newb :lol:

Wow I didnt realize I've been here since '04, oh how my days have thankfully changed shens

I found this place doing a powerpoint presentation on 3 wheelers and found some awesome stretched draggsters, about 6 months later I figured out there were forums :banned:

G-MAN RACING
08-28-2008, 08:45 PM
IVE BEEN HERE SINCE 1999. I THINK ,MET A FEW NICE PEOPLE, THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.....................:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :w00t:

brapp
08-29-2008, 12:15 AM
i'[m just an asshole and i think i have been here a few years.

84honda200s
08-29-2008, 07:05 AM
ive only bin here about 5 years. i think its more closer to 4 ? but either way it hasnt bin too long.

Kilborg
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
There are a few of us floating around from before the time 3ww was even established. It mostly started in the old atv connection chatroom. Threewheelio (rip buddy) started it all...This page was originally a handfull of pictures with quick captions. A little later some of the more well known community members started to appear. Tri-z Jim and his cuz G-man, Howdy, pumper, etc... Alot of people have come and gone over the years and its hard for me to just remember names...but many of us have made a serious impact on this site. Hell, Some of us basically grew up here (myself included).

As far as who has been here the absolute longest, though.... I would have to say undoubtedly Threewheelio. He had the vision. While there were a few of us that helped in a big way building the initial site...Tw would be considered the father. Outside of tw, Billy, myself, cartman, and a few others who escape my memory right now...we were "here" before "here" even existed really. Back in the day it was really a big deal to find a picture of any trike on the web, let alone a Tiger. We have come a long way for sure.

TravEX
09-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Very good info kilborg!

firehart
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Your doing a good job keeping the dream alive. I've seen more trikes in the last few years than I did when they were new.

EvilMooseofDoom
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
lol, almost a year.

Yeah, and I'm probably responsible for bringing you in here.

Myself? I can't remember why I joined, and I don't get in here often, either.
I spend most of my message board time on an automotive forum, however, I probably need to come in here more often, as my son posts in here regularly.

Concerning the guys who were in here from the beginning, and aren't in here much now? You can only keep 'learning something new' from a product that was last built 20 years ago, for only so long.....most people move onto new things after a while, anyway. I still like trikes, but business and family concerns over the last two years push my need for three-wheeled sillyness way back to the furthermost back burner.

mike from long island
09-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I remember the old board.Everytime you posted,it was like a long paragraph.I had just bought a Tri-Z.I was looking for info.Thats when I came across the board.Somewhere around 1999-2000. Been on dang near every day since.:beer

kimmer250r
10-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I've been around for awhile.....just busy as heck. I'm trying to get back on more, but not doing a good job of it.:(

kimmer250r
10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Hell, my join date says march of 2002, which puts me before howdy and mik6??? How the hell did that happen....haha

ATC-Eric
10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
So would that mean that Mike from LI has been the longest ACTIVE member?

And Ive been round for a bit myself, just not like you oldtimers.......

The Goat
10-29-2008, 09:33 PM
I wish I would have been here since 04...I would have so much cool stuff in the shop now.

DixiePlowboy
10-30-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm glad this topic got started. I had been thinking that there was a major change somewhere along the line from the site I started on. I can remember buying '86 200X and '86 Tri-Z parts off someone on the earlier board about 2000 or so....though I can't remember what screen name I used then.

dogger
10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I think there's more then a few of us old timer's left but most of us just don't seem to post. seems as the board grew it lost it's feeling of a close knit group. I've been here since 99 and used to mess around at atvconnect. god I even forgot about that web site kilborg til you mentioned it. we used to have to go over there to chat because we didn't have a chat room for a long time. I used to sit in the chat over there talking to billy during school when I should have been working. howdy Do you know if there's any member's list from 99 or 2000? I'm just wondering how many folks aren't here that were regularly here.

ChrisD
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I have been here since 99. I first found the site when I was looking for a short track tank for my R. Tim had a 250R picture on the site and I asked him who owned it because I was looking for it. He said that he took the picture off of ebay and didn't know the owner, but it did get me involved in the board.

krazykane
04-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I Might Be The Newest Member A Few Months Now And You Guys Are Very Helpful And Alot Better Then Me At Turning Wrenches .thanks Agin For Site

Triple B!
04-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I Might Be The Newest Member A Few Months Now And You Guys Are Very Helpful And Alot Better Then Me At Turning Wrenches .thanks Agin For Site

Ditto! :D
I haven't been on this site long at all, but i have to say that you guys are truly awesome, meeting new people and learning things, it's great. I know some people get pissed about the 'newbs' on the forum but I'm grateful for the friendships, hospitality, and wealth of knowledge that my husband and I have received as a part of your community. Keep up the great work on the site, and just being yourselves!!!

:w00t: :TrikesOwn YAMAHONDAMAN