PDA

View Full Version : Bike With a brain

TrikeKid
06-19-2003, 12:10 PM
My cousin's bike has a mind of its own! Its a 1972 Cl 350. It will burn people who arent nice to it or it will almost fall on them and it wieghs
900 lbs. Any other bike stories like this?

thefox
06-19-2003, 10:17 PM
I was helping my friend get his Honda CT 70 running once. We cleaned the carb. and still could not get it started so we tried to push start it. We put it into 3rd because it is a 3 speed and pushed. It fired up but we put the carb. slide in wrong so it was at full throtal. My friend hoped on and was able to keep it upright for about 10 feet then down they went. He had a nice sized bruse on his chest.

-Andrew

ATC crazy
06-23-2003, 09:24 AM
My cousin's YZ125 dicided it didn't like to be ridden anymore. It got stuck at full throttle, threw him off and then decided to play chicken with a parked bulldozer. It hit the blade at an angle which launched it about 15' in the air and came down in the center of a pond...still at full throttle. And that was the last time he ever rode it.

NOS_350X
06-25-2003, 03:24 AM
well my story isnt about going to fast its about going to slow on my cr 80 i was going down a hill and normaly i'm going as fast as it will go and the throttle cable broke then at the bottom of the hill i was going down is a bout a 10 foot little clift/jump and the nose went down and i went over the handlebars and ate trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro hard

plkmonster2
06-26-2003, 06:28 PM
don't know why but i am the only 1 that our leaf blower starts and runs right.... for everyone else it is hard to start, and has a fluxuaty throttle

yater
07-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Try explaining 2 stroke speed to someone who has never ridden one. My friend was DYIN' to ride my kx250 and I tried to give him a crash course in the garage--you know, watch out for the powerband, grip the tank with your knees and lean forward!--he blows it off, jumps on and rips across the yard with a huge grin on his face. At second gear, she rears up on him and he trys the old "run behind" move. -- anyway, bike goes through the wooden fence and he jumps up yellin' "Dude, I'm gettin' one!"

honda200
08-03-2003, 11:39 PM
mine, a 1974 KH frame, 1987 KE engine and parts from a 1976 KM all 100's, likes to shoot fire throgh the carb when you go to set it when its runnin, right into your face, lol, missed me every time now

Curtis