PDA

View Full Version : new tool purchased wait till you see whats next

MR ATC
06-19-2003, 12:13 PM
well i've gone into a buisness partnership with a good friend of mine. its also a way to get TPC Trikes going again. the first major purchase...a Hydrolic tubing bender :bounce what dose that mean? now i can build my own frames. hmmm the posibilities :?:

Billy Golightly
06-19-2003, 12:30 PM
My dad and I have been talking about building one of those. Is it hand pumper or electric one?

atc250r
06-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Is TPC trikes a company you used to have? Since the consent decree is expired we could all start building trikes again...hmmmmm. If you make a frame let me know.

J.D.
06-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Well MR ATC at least you're turning your life around, I probably would have went insane and killed somebody and went to prison....tempers are a bad thing to have, but it seems you can control yours pretty well. I just gotta say best of luck in your new venture, something has to go right sometime, right?

MR ATC
06-26-2003, 04:32 PM
yes TPC Trikes is one of my buisness's although all my tools and 1/2 of my ATC inventory and my 85 350X was stolen, I still Have a lot left. My 400X was my first all new Trike i was building it would have been Titled as a 2003, but as of now it has been abandoned (cash flow)

Goku, i've been insane for a long time...of all the things i've lost in my life...i miss my mind the most...seriously though don't think those thoughts have not crossed my mind

as far as frames...the first one i build will be a fully suspended frame for a ATC 110.

NOS_350X
06-26-2003, 04:57 PM
how much do you think your going to sell these frames for?? i might be intrested

MR ATC
06-26-2003, 05:04 PM
well it all depends on severall things one is cost of materials, then the cost of welding. (i can admit i'm not a good welder) i want only the best welds on my products. i have a guy that dose all my welding and i'm figuring about 250.00-300.00 per frame just in welds (all tig welds) maybe less because of repeat buisness. then painting (probably powdercoated) if i have to guess i'd say around 750.00-950.00 which is cheap considering stock frames are 1500.00 and i will be using much better materials (chromoly steel/aluminum???) than the stock mild steel.

ATC crazy
06-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Thats awesome MR ATC....you're on your way to becoming a millionaire. ;) Good luck

KASEY
06-26-2003, 09:42 PM
instead of fosucing on a very limited market ie: 110 why don't you start building the "worst frame that honda ever produced" in your opinion the 350x,,,, there are way more cracked and broken 350x frames out there,,,,, another great idea would be a mini quad frame with real suspension ,, parents are willing to buy there kids things that they would never buy themselves ,,, and most small quads have terrible suspension too,,,,,,,

Billy Golightly
06-26-2003, 10:12 PM
I thin kthe reason Bill is probably gonna first do a suspended 110 frame is because its the only thing he's really got left to test it out and see how it would work.

Bill, you outa go real hardcore on a 350X or 250R frame and have oval shaped tubing twin spar alumnium frames like on the new CR's, hehe.

MR ATC
06-26-2003, 11:35 PM
Billy hit the nail on the head. i just put front suspension on my 110 and i've always wanted rear suspension on it. it's a relativly easy design and is a perfect test of the limits of the tubing bender. i never had any plans to mass market one but if one was wanted i'm sure if it works out i could supply one.
as far as the 350X frame i've said before and i'll say it again i am through with the 350X design i took my 85 to the limits of modification while remaining a 350X at heart. i've been with 350X's for 18yrs im sick of it i want new. my 400X was the next evolution. unfortunatly it will not get finished due to my upcoming divorce. i learned a lot from my 400X and will apply it to my next project. there is no sense finishing it since i'm at the next level anyway. i said long ago when i first joined 3ww i would soon be building my own frames. the time has come and no sense wasting time and money on old projects. by the time my divorce is over the 400X will be old news.

some of my project ideas...here are some motors for consideration

ATK 700 2 stroke
Honda 650 and/or 450 4 strokes
Honda 500 2 stroke with wide ratio trannsmission (over 115mph)
Yamaha 350 Twin 2 stroke

Bill...once again you read my mind i have already planned what you described with the aluminum oval twin spar frame.

other things i can and will make just to get started
Headlight guards, grab bars, racks, Handle bars, ect.

who knows what else time will tell (and how much of a fight tigerlilly puts up)

ATC crazy
06-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Bill...I like the idea of the Honda 500 and the 650.

Ever think about using a CBR600RR engine. Find a totaled bike and take the engine. ;) That would be awesome...of course, the alum. chassis...Good luck