PDA

View Full Version : Word's of encouragement for my daughter..

sandpuppi101
08-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Thought maybe you all could help get my 14 year old daughter's spirit's up,with some encourgaging word's.Her name is kaley and she's getting her gallbladder removed this morning .The wife had to run her to the emergency room last nite and kaley's getting it removed this morning.She was actually scheduled to have it removed on Friday but she keep's having real bad pain's and last nite was the straw that broke the camels back,so the hospital admitted her and she's getting it out today instead.Anyway's she know's I alway's am talking ,eating,working trike's etc.,so I thought since you all are kinda like my extended family you could give her some word's of encouragement.She'll get out of the hospital later today or tommorrow but,I am gonna have her read this thread and let her see how nice the 3-wheeler community actually is.So I'm off to the hospital myself.I appreciate it and will have her post how she is doing,once again thank's gang.I have a feeling she'll feel alot better to see what you guy's post.Thanks Sandpuppi

Kintore
08-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Good luck lil sandpuppi, hang in there!

350Xhilaration
08-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I know it doesn't seem to help much, but soon the pain will be gone. My daughter just went through surgery and was in a ton of pain and a week later she was back to doing cannonballs in the pool!!!..two weeks later she's totally back to normal.

You may have to wait a lil longer, but the day will come when you're pain FREE!!!

Hang in there Roger and mom...it's not easy watching your kid hurt so bad, but it will be over soon enough.

Have Kaley check out Morgan's pics...maybe it will make her feel better...or she may puke...either way, she'll forget about her pain for a minute or two...:D

http://350xriders.com/morgan

Erics350x
08-27-2008, 07:52 AM
My daughter had that done when she was around 5 years old. It didn't seem all that bad with her, a day or two later and see was running around like normal.
I take that back, it was her appendix. Still yet it was an organ

MyMistress86R
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Oh yeah...kids rebound from surgery like that as if they were those little rubber balls from the quarter machine at the grocery store. It's rough heading into it and it's likely to be scary for everyone, but it will be worth it in the long run and over before you all know it.

Mrs.Mosh
08-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Kaley,Dont be afraid...
Just think,in a Few days you wont have any more pain.You will have forgotten all about it.
A long time ago,I burnt my leg really bad.I had to go to the hospital,and have it treated.I couldnt stand the pain the next day,So I wrapped my bandage up with a roll of toilet paper,and I had Mosh take me riding on my dirtbike.My leg was the size of a basketball with all the extra padding,But once I was on the trail,I forgot all about the pain.Try to keep your mind on fun things and it will help.

Good thing is,they will probably give you tons of jell-o and Ice Cream.
Keep your head up!Everything will be fine.

SYKO
08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
UNCLE SYKO IS ROOOTING FOR YOU!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

ATC-Eric
08-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Hang in there Kaley. Just think, for the next couple of days to a week you'll be gettin the royal treatment with anything you want to eay, and all the TV you can handle! :w00t:

hublake
08-27-2008, 11:17 AM
My best wishes to you Kaley. Before long it will all be over. Just make sure that you have your Dad waiting on you for the next few days that is what Dads are for.

girlsride2
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Kaley....Wow....life kinda threw alot of pain at you for such a young age hmmm? That sure is gonna make you one tough little cookie once you get through it (yes you will get through it). The pain is gonna go away and you are gonna feel alot better real soon.

Besides all that just look at the story you have to tell now, you've been through something I would bet very few if any of your friends have. You get to set the example of overcoming something extremely hard and painful.
Show them how its done Kaley. We all know you can do it.

Most of us here now your dad, and we know he's a pretty great guy.
I bet he's gonna take real good care of you along with your mom's help.

Get Well Soon....We're all rootin' for ya:)

firehart
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Keep your sprirts up. My wife had that done a right before we got married. She was 22. My son had to have it done when he was 22. It will feel so much better after the pain is gone. In no time you be as good as new.

Vealmonkey
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Kaley, I hope you are feeling better. The Docs will fix you just fine and everything will be alot better. And you will get to go to school and show everybody your cool scar. I hope you gets lots of get well cards from all you friends and classmates. I can hardly wait until you write everybody on here and let us all know your fine. I have my fingers crossed for you and said a prayer for your speedy recovery. Take care and get well. PS. Don't be too hard on Mom and Dad while your recovering. LOL

shannonw
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Kaley,

Ross (Roscow) and I are friends of your Daddy's from Canada. Keep your chin up little one, it'll get better from here on in. It's kind of scary, but your Mom and Dad will take great care of you, and I bet if you look at your Daddy in that sad puppy dog way, you'll get anything you want... ;)

My daughter had to have her tonsils out when she was younger and she was sore for a couple of days but enjoyed watching movies and eating ice cream and jell-o. You'll be running up and down the street, and be back to school in no time!:lol: :lol:

Take care sweetie, and just rest for now!

Shannon & Ross

tecat-z
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Kaley, i'm a friend of you dads and i know he and your mother will take the best care of you untill you're all healed up. Looks like you're going to be spoiled rotton in the coming days while recovering. Get well soon, and we're all thinking of ya. Ed

smokinwrench
08-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Kaley, I have put 2 of my 3 kids through surgery, Alec got tonsils removed at 8 and Dax got tubes at 7 months. Pain will be gone soon and you will feel so much better. I would ask mom and dad for something really really good while this is going on. How can they say no?!

Get well soon!

sandpuppi101
08-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Just an update folk's: She had the surgery and they removed 2 huge stone's as big as marble's ,and the whole gallbladder came out.She was in lot's of pain but was pretty medicated up ,when I left her last nite.If all goes good she'll be home today .I'll have her look at what you guy's wrote and I think that's gonna make her feel a bit better.Thank you all .

350Xhilaration
08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Good to hear she'll be home soon. Always better to be home than in the hospital.

Glad she's on her way to a full recovery!!!

scooterroo
08-28-2008, 03:17 PM
having to see your child in pain is one of the toughest things i think a parent can endure. no matter how bad you want to take the pain away, be in place of them and take the suffering for them, you can't. surgery in a childs mind can be a very traumatic experience, as well as the parents. my 5 year old had to have both his tonsils and adniods out a few months back, and it killed me to see him crying and upset because he didnt want anything to do with it. but, the doctors were great, put him at ease, the surgery went a little longer then i had expected, but went smooth. zach was sore for the next few days, hard to swallow, and wasn't himself. but after a boatload of ice cream, freezer pops, and a few days time, he was back to his normal self. pestering his big sister, running thru the house pretending to be superkid, and of course, riding his powerwheels all over the back yard.

it might be a tough few days for you, but in the end, you will feel 100% better and be back to doing what ever it is you like to do. most of all, you will be pain free, and never have to worry about your gaulblader again. chin up kiddo, it only gets better from here on out!! and tell your dad and mom, "ICE CREAM", even though its not a tonsilectomy!

tapper190
08-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything went well :w00t: . You'll be all healed up before you know it. When you are feeling better, we should go to the mounds for a ride. My 16 year old daughter would love it. She's not to good going down hills right now ( she ran into a tree last winter :rolleyes: :lol: ) but she's getting better. She really likes her auto x! Take care and have a fast recovery
Tapper

brapp
08-29-2008, 12:13 AM
hey kiddo i dont know ya but have had a few surgeries myself and hope you have a speedy recovery and you feel better than new in no time