PDA

View Full Version : Nice email responding to my craigslist ad.

300rman
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Okay, look at what this guy wrote to me. he seems to think that i got 34,500 into my bike, and that it needs tons and tons of parts, and it looks like *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*.

heres what he said:

so, you have 34,500.00 invested in your 250r and it looks like *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* and needs just about everything? I really didnt think people were that stupid but I guess there are a few of you out there. Gotta love it when you see someone say they invested a ridiculous amount of money in a machine which is untrue and offers to sell the thing looking like *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* and needing hundreds of dollars in parts just to make it runable. I bet that sucker is SUPER FAST too. Retard

so tell me honestly, do these pics look bad? i say right in the ad that it isnt a damn show bike lol, heres the ad, see pix for yourself.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/mcy/815883333.html

some people really are friggin retarded i swear.

SYKO
08-27-2008, 08:05 PM
even with the paint Job it dosnt look good in the photos, I would for that price have new plastics on it and a thorough cleaning...plus in all honesty those diamond plate shrouds look ghetto.... not hating just saying...

RID3R
08-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Im pretty sure I remember seeing your ad when you first listed it, and it had more than two zero's at the end. Was not 3500. But it was obvious it was a mistake. But that guy over reacted

300rman
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
.plus in all honesty those diamond plate shrouds look ghetto.....

lol half of the board hates em, half of the board likes em. lmao guess you cant always win :D

those pics were actually taken to show the imperfections, not hide them lol. the camera hides most of them quite well.

dickieg89
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
i think it looks bada$$.

300rman
08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
well, it doesnt matter. i got my cr250, so this will probably be staying. paid 800 for a 2000 CR, and it is NICE. ill post with pics in bikersville after i get pix

Mrs.Mosh
08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Im pretty sure I remember seeing your ad when you first listed it, and it had more than two zero's at the end. Was not 3500. But it was obvious it was a mistake. But that guy over reacted
Right when we clicked the ad a few days ago,you had a typo with too many zeros in it.

But still,some people will just reply crappy to be a ASS.

He could have just asked you if it was a typo.

300rman
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
i still dont see how he thinks that the bike needs all kinds of work. it needs a master cylinder, but i didnt mention that cause i will fix that before it goes anywhere.

other than that, its jump on and ride!

Dammit!
08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
For $2500 it shouldn't need anything at all. That's mint condition money for a bike that's far from it. That price is way, way out of whack for that bike. Not trying to be a dick but you asked. :lol:

I see it out here all the time. Lots of people around here right now trying to sell half ass restore jobs for top dollar and for all their "work" all they really did was hurt the value of the machine. I love the ones that don't even bother to take the bike apart to paint it then try and sell the thing for between two and three grand acting like it's some kind of high dollar restoration job.

300rman
08-27-2008, 10:15 PM
For $2500 it shouldn't need anything at all. That's mint condition money for a bike that's far from it. That price is way, way out of whack for that bike. Not trying to be a dick but you asked. :lol:

im not asking nothing for my labor.
off the top of my head,
400 for bike
650 for the 300 kit
120 for the Vforce
100 for the carb, plus however much i spent on the other 2 carbs that were junk
40 for 2 intake boots
165 for the porting
60 for the jets, which will go with the bike.
370 for 2 rod kits plus the labor to re-rod 2 cranks (flywheel threads stripped on one)
40 for new bottom end bearings and seals
55 for new chain and sprockets
15 for the new 1 tooth greater front sprocket
100 for the machinework that the 300 jug needed to run a wiseco piston
400 for the first time i had the bottom end taken apart by a shop, was too scared to try it myself. now i wish ida did it myself lol

that right there is 2515.00, and thats just the major stuff i can think of off the top of my head. Most of those are rounded down too, the shopwork was actually 427.75 or something like that, but for arguments sake, i put 400.

oh add the cost of a new clutch lever, cable, new clutch kit, and OEM springs to that total above.....

thats not counting the extra stuff i have bought for it, (bottom ends, NEW paddle tires, new plastic set and fuel tank just to name a few.....)

if i power washed the thing, it would look 100% bettter, and if the rear fenders werent cracked up, it would be near perfect. if i sold it for 1500, that would be flat out dumb on my part. if i could get out of it what i have in the motor itself, i would be happy. if not, ill keep it and run it a couple times a year and go the little extra distance and make it a garage queen.

i would up getting the bike i wanted at a steal, but ill leave the trike up for sale out of curiosity. if i could go back i would have just put a new top end on the thing, painted it, new plastics and been done.

DeePa
08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
you cant get 2500 for an air cooler...sorry

300rman
08-27-2008, 10:39 PM
you cant get 2500 for an air cooler...sorry

then i guess ill be keeping it :D

smokinwrench
08-27-2008, 10:55 PM
First of all you never get 100% return on parts you bought and used. Machine does look good but a mint 85-86 250R will be hard pressed getting $2,500. I have been looking for another 250R and I have found a few 85's in this area for $1,250 that are dang nice, I could make them look awesome after a weekend of cleaning. I'm not willing to pay that for a water cooled!

300rman
08-27-2008, 11:51 PM
First of all you never get 100% return on parts you bought and used.
the stuff i listed is just some of the things that came to me right away. theres at least another grand into all the "little" things that add up real fast.

i completely understand what you guys are saying. when you build something up, you simply wont ever get out of it what you put into it, especially when you do the things i did. i am not arguing against that one tiny little bit. i know 2500 is a big ass stretch, but i wont get rid of it for anything less, unless something happens where i really need the money.
if i sold it cheap now, i would regret it later, cause it would always be that first machine you ever built up, and etc. etc.

short4stuff
08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
atc/atv's suck .. well I guess its just anything you buy except real estate... you never get a positive return...

That's all I am saying lol.

Maybe just maybe if you keep it for 35-50 more years and its still in the exact shape its in now, and gas is still avalible/ not 100$ a gallon, you might make some money, or atleast get what you put into it. :beer

Andrew_250R
08-28-2008, 02:02 AM
I guess I don't think $2500 is outrageous (including all the extra parts) but up here you are lucky to find a racer three wheeler. Took me three years of watching to find my 85R. I was lucky that my dad owned the 81R. He had it since it was almost new. So I am sure location makes a big difference in price. Heck for $2500 you could take and sell all the extra parts included and make back quite a bit of cash, not?

300rman
08-28-2008, 02:42 AM
you could take and sell all the extra parts included and make back quite a bit of cash, not?
yes and no. locally yes, but with cost of shipping the larger items like the tires, plastics, tank, and partial bottom ends, no. it would be better to get rid of it with the bike.

damn craigslist scammers are relentless. are these cashiers/certified check things easy to forge or something? not really understanding how you can deposit a check and then it come back on you as being forged later.

Andrew_250R
08-28-2008, 02:59 AM
yes and no. locally yes, but with cost of shipping the larger items like the tires, plastics, tank, and partial bottom ends, no. it would be better to get rid of it with the bike.

damn craigslist scammers are relentless. are these cashiers/certified check things easy to forge or something? not really understanding how you can deposit a check and then it come back on you as being forged later.

I guess I wasn't talking about you selling the parts, I was talking about the person who bought it all. But you made a good point on the shipping costing too much.

scooterroo
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
no matter what you do to the bike, you will never get the money back you put in it. just a fact. your r is "ok" looking. a 2500 dollar trike, no. not even with all the parts you have listed, they just arent going for that much anymore. gee you could get the thing for cheaper then that brand new back in 84. if it was "mint", maybe, but it is far from mint. if it were me, i would ask 1500 and go from there.

Dirtcrasher
08-28-2008, 05:31 PM
You'd be fortunate to get about 1200$ for it...

We NEVER get back even close to what we paid for or put into these "things".............

Good luck!

cody2
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
People piss me off, theres so many low ballers and trash talkers on those kind of sites. I think your 250r is a SWEET ride, i would swap the header myself and put some twist ties in the back fender if it rattled but i think thats a quite nice r with a lot of performance parts on it and i would defiantly buy it if i was looking for a used r. Theres just alot of dicks out there and you just gotta ignore them, people jealous trying to bring you down.

Down here where i live, ive seen mint 250r's pretty much stock with a fmf on them go for $3500-$4000. Up here in Atlantic Canada there pretty pricy, the Honda dealer had a 350x for $4500 i just about shat.

300rman
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
i would ask 1500 and go from there.

i would turn it into the newest backyard shooting target before i took 1500 for it lmao. that would be much more fun than what i could do with 1500 bucks.

only reason its still listed is to see what happens.

i completely agree that you cant get what you put into it out of it. in this case, i wont get near half of what i put into it.

time to tear it apart, repaint, new plastics, and garage queen it. hang the old plastics on the wall as wall-art or something

RID3R
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
People piss me off, theres so many low ballers and trash talkers on those kind of sites. I think your 250r is a SWEET ride, i would swap the header myself and put some twist ties in the back fender if it rattled but i think thats a quite nice r with a lot of performance parts on it and i would defiantly buy it if i was looking for a used r. Theres just alot of dicks out there and you just gotta ignore them, people jealous trying to bring you down.

Down here where i live, ive seen mint 250r's pretty much stock with a fmf on them go for $3500-$4000. Up here in Atlantic Canada there pretty pricy, the Honda dealer had a 350x for $4500 i just about shat.

Just cause its so much up where your at doesnt mean thats what they are really worth. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. He will be lucky to get $1500 for it, thats just how it is here. That doesnt make them as you say dicks, or jealous. For 3500 you could get a pair of good running liquid R's.

z400guy28
08-30-2008, 12:15 AM
I put 4 grand into my Banshee not including what i payed for it (2200). And because someone screwed it up on me i sold her for 1000, So i took a major hit but i didn't care just wanted it gone. It has a sweet paint job but not worth 2500. Hell i bought my Z400 for 1900 and it looks great. Some dude up here in NY is selling his sweet 85 250r for 2500 and not to be a dick but it looks way better. If you guys want to check out that 250r the website is www.wantaddigest.com

The Goat
08-30-2008, 04:26 AM
on a good day...if I was in a happy mood and lsu had just dropped me a check...i'd pay 900 for it.

simply because I know how much schmee's cost even with the addition of his brand new 300 kit and new carb.

The market isn't there for an airfooler.

now...if you had all the painting redone, powdercoated the frame, painted the engine...and got a new pipe for it. I could see 1500 maybe 18. But Id want new plastics too.

I have more in my 200x than I care to think about...and it's basically stock with a new lifan.

SYKO
08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
formaly mine

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/th100_2505.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/th100_2506.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/TrikeRace014.jpg

I sold that R for what I thought was a fair price with alot of NEW parts and aot of EXTRA parts incuding a 300 kit as well, and I didnt ask nor get anything close as to what you want for yours.... not being a dick but your in a pipe dream son.

fabiodriven
08-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I think I know what you're up to, 300R.

You don't care either way if you sell the trike or not, so you put an outrageous price on it just in case the right bozo with a wad of cash comes around. There's nothing wrong with that. I just did the same thing with my Ducati. I didn't care one way or the other if it sold, so I put it out for much more than it was worth. I got a ton of calls and e-mails from jerks bashing my bike, but in the end I got good $ for it.

IMO, a nice air fooler R is only gonna bring $1200 or so. Mint to pristine, maybe $2000 to $2200, if you're lucky. My buddy just sold his 84 that he put over 4 grand into, chromed swinger, powdercoated frame, bored, chromed pipe, all kinds of internal motor work. You know what he got? $800.

Beleive me, I'm in the same boat. My 86 Tecate is just a $4500 headache that's in a pile in the shed! At least you can ride yours!

ditchmud
08-31-2008, 12:19 AM
was that price for 2 trikes or just 1? just kidding! Good luck with that sale i hope you get that much but I doubt it. If you decide to part it out pm me I'd like some parts from it.

300rman
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM
If you decide to part it out pm me I'd like some parts from it.

it wont get parted. if it doesnt sell, its getting all fluids drained, and it will get painted, assembled, and back to 100% perfection.

the only reason the thing is all dinged up is because it has been apart so many times its rediculous. lok at the pics of it when i FIRST got it done.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/S6301510.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/S6301507.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/S6301508.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/S6301505.jpg

dont have any good pics with the motor in, figured i'd wait till it had the flaws worked out of it to paint the engine, and i think that time is near. The only thing bad in those pics are the tires and tank dents, but the pics make them look way worse than what they are, and the tires needed shined up, but a lil wet'n'black woulda solved that :D

Twilight
08-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Here in the NW, Almost all running 250r machines go for more than 1500, its insane.