PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 525s vs Outlaw 450mxr

cody2
08-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Im in a tough spot right now, im riding my kfx for the time being but im not sure what i should get. I am going to wait for a 09 outlaw to come in but i dont know, is the outlaw 525 better or should i get a 450?

Im riding trails, and one of the selling points on the 450 is it has resevior shocks, will i notice a big (if any) difference on the trails over the 525? I know the 450 corners better but the 525 handling was enough for fast trails, and i liked the motor a lot. It felt a bit heavy (it wasnt really) but i was promised the new outlaws for 09 improved on this. Im not going to get a 525 with irs, i tried a 500 with irs and hated it (felt tippy).

So basically, should i sacrifice size and power and possibly comfort for a little 450 with better shocks and rims? Either bike i intend to put razr 2's on it or possibly i-razrs so tires arnt important. And dont bash polaris, either bike i can get a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty, the major reason im buying one. I dont mind doing a little clutch work or anything either.