PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r traded for 2002 400ex Dont hate me!!

mike from long island
09-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey guys,I know you'll all ahte me,But I have been trying to sell of a project or 2.I had the 250r listed on craiglist fora cash sale only.But a local guy ask if I was interested in a 400ex.It didnt look bad.So he agreed to even bring it to my house for me too look over.All in all,not a bad quad.missing the sprocket guard,left front fender brace,rear skid plate,and heal guard things.Runs very good.Plastic in decent shape.

Now here is the kicker,I couldnt get the 250r running to save my life.It has sat for soo long.I got new plugs,took the carb apart etc.The guy didnt care.He wanted a 250r.The bike will run great with a little better mechanic wrenching on it.So I was happy to lose a future project that has been sitting for at least 2 years.Now I have a good running HONDA quad to burn around on.I still have another 250r that needs to be rebuilt!! I think we each made ou good.

I just want to get a few stock parts for the 400ex and maybe splurge on some nerf bars as well.Looking up OEM parts on my powersport website.They are very inexpensive.I can put all new yellow plastic,all missing oem parts and all new oem tires for about $300-350. Gotta love bikes that are still being built!!!

Any one else ever trade a 3 wheeler for 4????????

SWIGIN
09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
nerfs would be a great idea....i feel naked on a quad with out them

okieRrider
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I guess you call mine a trade...lol I parted my 85 r so I could get a 400ex. I could not ride with my son as it didn't like to go slow as he had an lt80. I couldn't afford a different bike and keep the r, so the priority was to sell it and no one would give me what I wanted for it so I parted and actually made $400 more then I was asking for it.

mike from long island
09-04-2008, 09:05 PM
If I hadnt sold it off by winter,I planned to tear it down and part it out.I had already sold off all the aftermarket parts.I was going to make it stock.But,now all I have to do is add gas to the 400!!!

okieRrider
09-04-2008, 09:08 PM
nice isn't it!