PDA

View Full Version : Pure Demo is now live!

Saul
09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Just downloaded the demo off the PSN for my PS3.

It's pretty sick! However - it 'is' quads but still cool as heck.

While playing the demo I got too thinking - why don't these newer quad based games offer old vintage trikes as unlockable/secret content?! That would be awesome.

Anyways, if anyone here has a PS3 and is planning to get Pure when it drops next week add me to your PS3 list and we'll race online sometime!

Dammit!
09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
One of the quad games does have an unlockable trike and it's the fastest thing in the game. Can't remember which one it is but I have it for the Xbox.

Macs
09-05-2008, 11:08 AM
One of the quad games does have an unlockable trike and it's the fastest thing in the game. Can't remember which one it is but I have it for the Xbox.

I have played that but cant recall what it was. has been some time ago.

SWIGIN
09-05-2008, 11:13 AM
i played pure and i hated how they handle....like riding on snow.

mx vs atv untamed is a far better game....and its not so fake ( 5,000 foot jumps)

Twilight
09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Motorstorm is still my fav, hehehe

Russell 350X
09-05-2008, 02:39 PM

ATV Sport 2 mabey? I have it also, games awsome.

RedRider_AK
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
My favorite game in terms of ATV's is still ATV OffRoad Fury (the first one). I loved it when it first came out because all the quads except the Talon super race ones are real... they actually have a Banshee, a 400EX, etc in there. No mods (those are in the later versions) but the handling is great and the game is more or less realistic...

I hate most of the more modern games because all the quads seem to handle really "soft" and don't have good handling, they understeer horribly... the quads in MX/ATV Unleashed were ok, but the last couple ATV OffRoad Fury's were horrible in terms of handling.

Also, I understand that jumps are a part of the game and they have to let you get huge air to do the super trick combo's and stuff, but come on, they could at least make it harder to land the jumps. You can often jump huge gaps to flat, huck off of cliffs and stuff and not crash, but then you case a jump and it kicks you off the quad. Sometimes it's kind of strange what makes you crash and what doesn't.

scooterroo
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
atv offraod fury 2 has the trike i think. i got em all so now i am gonna have to go play and see. my favorite on is mx vs atv unleashed though.

The Goat
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
drakkar 2 racing for the xbox...it isn't atv's, but in open world desert races...we drove 300 miles in every direction and the terrain never repeated. took three hours to make it back to the center. Never did understand the programing on that one.

Saul
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Motorstorm is still my fav, hehehe

Motorstorm is fun as heck. The sequel looks really good too.

Saul
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
btw - any PS3 owners, there are trikes in the game Uncharted : Drakes Fortune. You can't ride em' but they chase after you in one level. It's hella cool.