PDA

View Full Version : 250r vs. banshee

ATC70
10-30-2002, 11:24 PM
Does anybody know if a 250r could beat a yamaha banshee?

Kilborg
10-31-2002, 12:05 AM
In a straight line, No. Neither a Trx or a Atc would outrun a banshee (though the ATC hangs right there). In woods or Mx situations, the banshee's front suspension just isnt as good(its basically a desert machine) as either of the R's. It comes down to the rider in real situations.

This is, of course, comparing stock machines.

10-31-2002, 12:21 AM
i think a 250r is able to hang with a shee in a straightaway, it really does depend on rider skill and whether you can keep the front down.....the shee is a mean machine but there is no such thig as a stock banshee :D so yea..and a 250r is much lighter and doesnt have the extra wheel...i thin ktheyre equal machines...whyle the 86/87 t3 would beat a banshee fairly easily ...

Merriman
10-31-2002, 02:39 AM
At Buttercup Sand dunes this weekend I killed about 10 Banshees (all had pipes and silencers, Some where extended) I did it on my 85 250R with a pipe, silencer, reeds, shaved head, and mild porting. Also killed a couple raptors, 400ex's, and Z400's...........

ATC70
10-31-2002, 03:13 AM
GOOD JOB MERRIMAN AT BEATING THOSE BANSHEES!!

250rmanfmf
11-01-2002, 12:54 AM
A Worked up 250R will beat a Worked up Banshee. a T3 86/87 would have equal job of beating the banshee too. But there's a reason why 250R motors are going for $1000 plus on ebay. Awsome motors.
Banshee's are overrated. My 85' R will eat a Banshee alive w/ or Without Nitro.

Big Darn Mike C
11-01-2002, 05:51 AM
how worked? If you are talking thousands of dollars worked no way will a 250R beat a Banshee. With an FMF 400 powervalve cylinder kit, Fatties and fancy reeds and valves a Banshee is over 65 hp, it takes a lot of work to get that out of a 250R. But please, do not let me start another huge long argument about this.

11-01-2002, 05:05 PM
mike C is right ......I didn't kill all the banshees, there were some out there way out of my league. Some of the hill shooters were way faster than I was, I just raced the ones that were about my speed. Of course though there are 250R quads, and trikes out there with CR500 motors, 250R bottom ends with Honda Pilot cylinders(I think they are 400cc's?)
Also There are the Polanda's(Honda 250R bottom end with the Polaris 400cc + cylinder's mated to the top) All of them are definitly faster than me.

Merriman
11-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Sorry forgot to log in. That Guest comment was me.

Big Darn Mike C
11-01-2002, 08:10 PM
It's just the way it is, there are so many more go fast items out there for banshees that are dragracers, especially when a guy wants to spend 10grande on just the motor, because I have seen that. It's just crazy what those guys do. But whenever everything is mildly built, do everything machines, they are all in the same league for the most part. Sounds like that 250R is built pretty nice, sounds like it is fast.

ATC crazy
11-01-2002, 08:55 PM
The 250R will beat the Banshee in the woods, on a tight MX track, or on a cross country circut but the Banshee would beat it in a straight line by only a couple of MPH's. The R will keep up with a Banshee pretty much everywhere considering there is a 100cc and one less cylinder of a difference.

250rmanfmf
11-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Well guys, Here is what my 85' 250R has and this is why I can beat Banshees. I have over 6K into my R.

330 Big Bore
Nitroues
FMF Exhaust (Pipe/Silencer)
Boyseen Rad Valve/Reeds
Port Polishing
K & N Air Filter

Runs off Trick Fuel Only.
also has little items that gain hp. like exhaust flange etc. Its fast, Have never clocked it but its fast and has beaten some pretty bad Banshees.

I have lost to ONE Banshee and he is here in Washington with a Purple Banshee and I dont know what the hell he did but he is the only one that has beat me.

my experience

Mike Fort Laud
11-02-2002, 01:58 PM
I am only out run by the baddest of the Banshees. All stock or slightly worked Banshees get smoked like cigeretts. Raptors and all that other junk gets out run also. But like anything else SPEED IS NOT CHEAP. My bike is stock bore,Jetted carb,Boysen reeds. Dg pipe. None of which are sever race mods. I think where I get them is my 14/36 sprockets. I could go put a 330 kit with 15/33 gears and be impossible to beat, But that is where the $$$$$$ comes in.

MR ATC
11-02-2002, 02:52 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again if Banshees are so much faster in top speed why did 250R's beat it at Baja repeatedly??? dont even say riders because the banshee guys were factory racers (and former honda guys that won multipul times on the 250R) and the 250R guys were priveteeers that never won before. hmmmmmmmm so much for top speed of banshees

Big Darn Mike C
11-02-2002, 08:50 PM
I wonder if the reliability and fuel economy played a roll in that, do you think? Because i know that banshee's are the worst on fuel and obviously the Honda's are known for being sturdy. Racing in woods, mx sure it goes to the R. But straight line up a sand dune dragracing, if anything but a banshee rolls up to the line, you got sand in your face. If that weren't true and a 250R would smoke a shee no matter what, WHY would every dune riding and sand dragging person for the most part opt for the Banshee? Do you think they buy them knowing that they have to hidew from 250R's? No, they but them knowing that with just a little work, they can beat anything but a more built Banshee. Your guys' 250R's arefast no doubt and you probably can pick on the mild Banshee's but be happy with that because if you roll up to the line with a serious banshee thinking that youre faster, youre in for a rude awakening. Bill, just admit it, in a straight line, from the bottom of the hill to the top, you can't beat a serious Banshee on a 250R. You can throw Baja in my face and mx too, I don't care, not the drag race though because YOU WILL LOSE.

YTZ250N
11-02-2002, 10:37 PM
I have seen a few 100+ horse power banshees (and dyno charts) I don't think you could build a 250r to match that kinda horsepower. Built right banshees are in a class of their own.

250rmanfmf
11-02-2002, 11:15 PM
I am with MR ATC. You Can beat a Worked Banshee< Banshees are fast but they are not gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work with guys who build Banshees up and they are scaried of most bikes but they always talk about the 85-89 250R's, Atc's and TRX's because they can beat them.

Banshee's are beatable

350Xrider
11-03-2002, 12:42 AM
I won't say much other than the reason you see more Banshee's or more poeple opt for the banshee is because of the availability of the banshee it has been produced since around 87 to 2002 and the 250r was made from 86-89 that is a big availibility difference. Another reason I think half of the people buy banshee's is because they can say, Hey Look here I have the only 2 stroke twin ever put into a quad frame, I can outrun you.

lushatc200x
11-03-2002, 01:45 AM
r u not getting it. a banshee is 100 cc bigger than a 250 r. there fore giving it the advantage on two stroke top end. more power than a 250r. there is really no competition with the banshee two stroke wise. unless u go get 1 of those 465 kits for the 250r which would be really stupid. thats a gas waster right there. two much power for any 1 person to handle. u would have to get a bigger radiator to cool it off more. you would have to mod trailprotrailpro engine to run that kind of big bore. i mean gezz just because u all the the 250r doesnt mean u have to have that much stupidity to think that a 250r would out run it. might handle better but no way (NO WAY IT WOULD OUT RUN IT) and some one said a modded 250r would beat a modded banshee. No Sir No Way. there are a he!! of alot more mod kits for a banshee then a 250r. not to mention the 465 kit which is trash and not to mention a death trap.

lushatc200x
11-03-2002, 02:34 AM
i think a 250r is able to hang with a shee in a straightaway, it really does depend on rider skill and whether you can keep the front down.....the shee is a mean machine but there is no such thig as a stock banshee :D so yea..and a 250r is much lighter and doesnt have the extra wheel...i thin ktheyre equal machines...whyle the 86/87 t3 would beat a banshee fairly easily ...

t3 would in no way out run a banshee hehe your token heavily i believe.:smokin the same difference as the 250r smaller bike than the banshee. slower top end speed duh. just think with trailprotrailpro head about it. beat a banshee fairly easys trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. no way in hail could that happen. and there is such a thing as a stock banshee. ya wanna no its called of the show room floor. ding. ring a bell. in a straight away the banshee would put forth an trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro wuppin on any 250 cc two stroke atv/atc.

250rmanfmf
11-03-2002, 02:47 AM
If you are so sure about your Banshee's , I wish you were over on the west coast so I could make you eat your own words. There are ways and you sound like the stupid one for trying to say a R cant out run a Banshee.

The challenge is open.

worked up 250R vs. Worked Up Banshee,

Results 250R winner (not always) Sorry man, I have done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have made many Banshee bragers eat there own words becasue they got there @ss kicked.

Dont ever say nothing can beat a bashee, bikes can be built to destroy.

PS- Stock Banshee's HHHHHHMMMMMM Why arent there any stock Banshee's?????????????????? I thought they were suppose to be unbeatable HHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM???????????????????

By the way, it depends on terrian too, if they are recing on a gravel road, R's and Tecates will smoke a Banshee, The 3 vs. 4 tires makes a difference in this match. Have fun all over the road on your Banshee.

Nuff Said.

lushatc200x
11-03-2002, 03:06 AM
well mister johnson i was mostly arguing about a stock race. and a banshee would win on a straight away between 2 equal riders. trailprotrailpro a sand rider with probably a 465 kit and acting like its a 250 bore. haha beefed up trailprotrailpro little trike to keep up with the quads i see. hehe haha. tell me i dont now what im talkin bout. SH!T F/O i bet u ride a 90 atc .lofl nuff said now bioytch. :clap bravo for me for making a complete trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro outta u . i amuse myself. No No u amuse me with trailprotrailpro talk of pure and i mean pure 100% (bullsh1t) lol. if i was there if u where here id walk off and leave trailprotrailpro trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on an xt 550. see how beastly trailprotrailpro 250r is to that beast of a bike that will do 90 stock. smoke trailprotrailpro 250r

350Xrider
11-03-2002, 03:27 AM
Baisically what you are saying is numbers are all that counts, thus meaning you are trying to tell me that a 400 Foreman 4X4 will beat a CR 250, because it ssays 400 on the side. You all beter read his rides to, his primary rides are a 250ex and an 84 200X that doesn't move. So he has no aparent idea of what speed is. Nuff said

lushatc200x
11-03-2002, 03:34 AM
not saying nothin like that these bikes r high performance machines not work horses. your rightabout that but in this case the banshee is the winner nuff said.

350Xrider
11-03-2002, 03:38 AM
I'm afraid not Mr. Lusher.

lushatc200x
11-03-2002, 03:47 AM
what i believe matters only to me so therefore im still gonna say a banshee would smoke a 250r both stock bikes in a drag race of 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile

11-03-2002, 10:46 AM
[quote="lushatc200x"]r u not getting it. a banshee is 100 cc bigger than a 250 r. there fore giving it the advantage on two stroke top end. more power than a 250r. there is really no competition with the banshee two stroke wise.

you just don't get it do you! it may have 100cc more but it also has 100lbs more and a extra wheel of rolling resitance. also a single cylinder will accelerate faster then a twin cylinder. also when was the last time you saw a actuall 350cc Banshee pick up the front wheels in 5th or 6th gear? oh thats right they can't. to bad its almost impossible to keep the front end down on my 250R when shiffting into 6th.
and if you don't think a T3 would beat a banshee i guess we were all dreaming at haspin when MIK6's T3 beat every thing there including 2 Banshees.

final thought; yes Banshees are fast, yes Banshees can be built insanely,yes they are popular, but no they are not unbeatable, no they are not the fastest ATV,no they are not the greatest ATV. THE greatest ATV is simple its the ATC 250R why because it started the high performance ATV world

11-03-2002, 12:40 PM
the reason trailprotrailpro bike pics up in 6th is because the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro hanging off the back of itthat and the fact it has only 3 wheels u dumba$$. gezz use trailprotrailpro head instead of trailprotrailpro trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. sh1t 250r are great bikes but as for the banshee they r not the fastest/ greastest bikes out there. u basically said just because u like it means every 1 has to be equally ignorant with u. every 1 has there own oppinion. that extra 100 cc of topend helps that bike alot. but in a 1/8 mile to a 1/4, or a 1/2 mile the banshee would walk all over the 250r. maybe not in the trails. but almost every where else the banshee will romp its trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro off.

250rmanfmf
11-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Now who is being made a dumb@ss now lush, and by the way I only have a 330 bore kit and would still woop your@ss and it is funny that you are still trying to make your point when YOUR WORNG, I Agree yes, Stock to Stock 250R vs. Banshee banshee would win most of the times but you need to end there before you make a complete @ss of yourself

Nuf Said
If you left me I would find your @ss

Big Darn Mike C
11-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Why is it nuff said?! You haven't even made a real solid point yet. maybe i have the only Banshee in the world that can wheelie good, because everyone seems to think they can't. I have 10 paddle haulers and i can wheelie that thing all day long. You don't suppose your R wheelies in 6th maybe because it has one front wheel? There is no wieght in front and you have a built ass motor? That's what i am guessing anyhow. If you want to talk bore kits, Trinity Racing makes 620cc cylinders for Banshee's. A 620cc twin cylinder 2 stroke which is probably making 110hp or so maybe more. You have got to be kidding me that you think a 250R can beat one of those. You are out of your mind. Stock: They are about even but a Banshee is still quicker. Pipes: Banshee still. Mild build (porting, reeds, carbs swingarm extended) Folks, it's still Banshee and full modded: guess what, you will never catch that Banshee. I say a real worked banshee beat an LT500 with an 1100cc street bike motor in it, no R will ever do that. In order for a 250R to beat a Banshee, it has to have an edge, it has to be more built than the banshee. So you can beat some mild Banshee's, cool! But you have to know that the Banshee guy only has to dig through a catalog and order a few parts and then he's in front of you. If you guys want to slam Banshees then do it, but don't make ridiculous claims like saying that a worked 250R will beat a worked banshee. I wonder what it takes to get 65hp out of a 250R? It's a lot of work and probably some boring or bigger cylinder. With a Banshee wou can get the kit for a little over $2k and it's just Fatty pipe not drag pipes, powervalve cylinders, jets and filters. Pretty easy I would say, plus it is capable of so much more. NUFF SAID

Billy Golightly
11-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Just a quick reminder guys...Harrassing users and/or insulting them is grounds for editing your posts and possibly being banned.

Kilborg
11-03-2002, 09:51 PM
The 250r dominated Baja because of it's handling.

I don't care what any of your experiences are, a properly built banshee will beat any 250r in a drag. You have to pay more in the banshee school then 250r, but the results are well worth it.

The fact is, a twin cylinder engine is easier to get more power out of then a single. The banshee in particular wakes up very nicely with a simple set of (500$) pipes..add a few more boltons and you have a strong running bike. While you spend about as much on a 250r to get it to this level, the 250r still has its limitations. The banshee still has that extra 100 cc and the extra cylinder as well. When the 250r is fully built, the banshee still has another 20 horses on it fully built.

This is not my view, this is fact. I ride a 250r, and i am not afraid to admit that a Banshee could beat me in a drag. To solve this, I will build my 250 up somewhat. At some point, I may get a Banshee since they are a very fun machine (One of the few quads I like).

MR ATC
11-03-2002, 11:16 PM
i guess i'll have to tell all those Banshee's i beat that they really won. wanna talk facts? the 250R will always be lighter and have less drag. now lets talk stock vs. stock the banshee has no low end compared to a 250R so in a 1/8 or 1/4 mile the quicker 250R will win. the 250R has a higher top speed therfore it wins again. wanna talked modified? its all about money. if your building a Banshee to 620 its no longer a Banshee so lets just throw a highly built CR 500 bored to 550 in a 250R chassie along with a few other goodies and the trike will still smoke it. keeping a 250R limited to 250cc with pipe, carb,porting,reed cage, then take a banshee keep it 350cc give it the same pipes,carb,porting,reed cage, guess what the 250r wins again.

see you guys keep talking about highly modified banshees vs. mild 250r's instead of keeping things on a level playing field.

it all comes down to H.P. to weight ratio and the 250R will always win that argument for everything you can do to lighten a banshee can be done to a 250R but the banshee has a-arms 2 wheels and frame rails that will always weigfh more then forks and one wheel.

250rmanfmf
11-03-2002, 11:34 PM
Well Put MR ATC. !!!!!!!!!!!!

HHHEEEHHHHEEE

Big Darn Mike C
11-04-2002, 05:37 AM
No, not well put, you are wrong. Everybody luanches at high rpm's where the Banshee has the power so the low end isn't even a factor. The CR500 thing is a good attempt, but still doesn't get it done, it's a lot closer but not quite. I know it all looks good on paper for the 250R and I realize what the fact book states, but once you get past the sciene and go watch the races you don't see the trikes owning the hill. They are there racing and they beat some of the less built Banshee's, but not the full tilt ones. And a CR500 is not a 250R either, but lets go that route. I see a lot of Banshees with street bike motors in them, will a CR 500 beat those? The answer is no. But the thing is the alcohol Banshees can beat a lot of the street bike motored quads. That's because they are a lot faster than 250R's. And since you mentioned, in the group I go riding and camping with, there are 2 85 250R's which I rode and loved, and a 250R with a built CR500 in it. Now it's an impressive machine, but at the races he was like middle of the pack in a pack of worked Banshees. Now I'm not saying you have to go tell those Banshees they won because you probably stole some races, youre MR freaking ATC, but there are lot of shees out there that are a lot faster than the ones you raced.And we aren't talking about highly modded banshees against mild 250R's, if you read my posts you would have seen that. I know this will get replies and an argument but I just have to say that if you reply with the "250R is still faster" bit, I want to prewarn you that you are wrong. I hate to be the one to say it, but it's the truth. GO to Glamis at Olds Hill and watch who is king of the hill, hit the Oregon dunes where I am and watch who owns those hills, I can say one thing, they aren't 250R's. I wish they were because I like to see trikes win, but those Banshee's really are too much for them.

MR ATC
11-04-2002, 09:58 AM
hmmm CR 500 won't beat a banshee??? funny at haspin there was a worked banshee running alcohol and in a lowered chassie this thing was set up for one thing and one thing only drag racing it was beating everything...untill along came a stock 92 CR500 Banshee went home with his tail tucked between its legs.

one thing i don't understand about you Banshee lovers... why is it you think the Banshee is the only motor that can be highly modified to be a powerhouse your basically saying that no matter what motor someone use's there is a built Banshee that can beat it. lets all bow down to the BIG Darn Banshee's...NOT this is why they are OVERRATED just because you have 1 or 2 riding spots were there popular dose not make them king trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Mike you have inspired a new project in me...the ultimate Banshee killer i think i'll go back and fuind that guy that fussed two CR500 cylinders together for a twin cylinder 2 stroke 1000 lets bore each cylinder to 550 for a 1100 then will port the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of it put it in a titanium frame with aluminum components and run the thing on alcohol with nitros...and i bet you'll still have a banshee that will beat it right Mike after all Banshee's are unbeatable

Big Darn Mike C
11-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Uuuummm, okay i guess. Yeah Mr ATC go spend your life savings on something nearly impossible just to prove that it takes a work of art to beat a banshee in a drag race. But remember silly, that's not a CR 500 anymore nor a 250R. And you didnt say a CR500 remember, you said a CR500 in a 250R, a little bit different. And no I will say it again, a CR500 in a trike won't beat a Banshee with the big 620's, ported, drag pipes on alcohol. in fact i have watched CR500 and KX 500's and the big KTM's race up the hill and they don't even beat all the big darn banshees. While your at it, throw 3 CR500 cylinders together just for safe measure.lol

11-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Banshee's are the best :bounce , Banshee's are the best :bounce ,Banshee's are the best :bounce , go get them Big Mike :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i raise my glass to you :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug for telling these tricycle riders what really rules

Big Mike is my hero long live the Banshee and may i be man enough someday to own one like Mike

250rmanfmf
11-04-2002, 05:40 PM
But you missed the point Mike, How come you Banshee guys can raise your cc's too 600 or so and put street bike motors in your Banshees but yet use 250R guys cant put in a CR500 motor???????????? Your not making sense. Hey I could put a motor off a 2002 R1 (Street bike) and kill all banshees!!! but whats the point in calling it a Banshee or a 250R if you have a Street bike motor or some motor thats not suppose to be in there.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :D :D :D :D

Big Darn Mike C
11-04-2002, 10:00 PM
I get what you are saying and the only reason i said streebike motor is because mention of a CR500 was made. so if we are going to swap motors it doesn't matter. And the 600+ cylinders are only the cylinders, not a new motor. So does that mean that everytime i add an aftermarket component to my shee it is no longer a shee? They make bigger aftermarket cylinders for the R too, so if you use it is it no longer an R? I don't believe so. They are just highly modded Banshees and 250R's. Let me clear things up. I like trikes, I love 250Rs and have a blast riding them. But you can't beat a Banshee that is modded to it's fullest potential on a 250R thats modded to its highest potential. There are just too many companies out there specializing in making Banshees the kings of the hill, granted that once you do that, shooting is the ONLY thing they are good for. And you don't see me arguing that the Banshee is better in the woods or mx because I know they aren't and even Baja for that matter even though i don't care about it. But I have beaten too many R's, 3 or 4 wheels, and seen to many other pumped up Banshees beat other pumped up 250R's not to argue this. I mean, do I have to go tell all the R guys that i beat and watched get beat that they really won? You guys have smoked some Banshees in your day. Awesome! But alot more Banshees have beat R's than R'd beat Banshees. And go read my other posts, I made it fair for both machines. I didnt give the banshee an advantage that I didnt give the 250R, or T3, or Tri Z or TRX. But the fact is, the hottest of any of those machines won't beat the hottest Banshee's. And if you go put that bike motor in your R 250Rmanfmf, I'm just going to go for the 806 cubic in. big block stroker Ford to get back at you lol. And I won't stop there, I will supercharge it and add NOS and if that doesnt work..... a jet motor. Or maybe just some pipes and reeds will do for now.

250rmanfmf
11-05-2002, 02:01 AM
Yea, now we got somewhere. I do agree too and know that there are 1,000 more companies out there that make 10,000 more parts out there for the Banshees than R's. All in all I just like arguing with people. But now I have nothing to say,

Its been Fun!!!!

Kilborg
11-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Actually, Both the 250r and the Banshee have huge aftermarkets. Many of the frame designers are now offering 250r based banshee frames for the best of both worlds.

And for any non believers out there that the banshee is a faster drag bike..One word..

Glamis.

Big Darn Mike C
11-05-2002, 09:53 PM
yeah it's been a blast fellas. See ya at the next huge debate. late

11-05-2002, 11:28 PM
:?:
What year was the first Banshee built?.................................Thanks

250rmanfmf
11-05-2002, 11:38 PM
I could be worng but 1987????

ATC70
11-06-2002, 03:37 AM
It was nice asking the original question and just kicking back and watching the action oh yeah the 250r is the best atc/v ever made 8)

ATC crazy
11-06-2002, 06:20 PM
You said it ATC70 :clap