PDA

View Full Version : Went to buy a "MINT" 350X......

Dirtcrasher
09-08-2008, 08:10 AM
This was the listing:

" *1986 ATC 350X, Second Owner
*95% original plastics (no cracks)
*Tip top shape
*Runs mint

Will not find one is this condition!! Please email for additional photos. "

And I found -

Smoked on start up, ripped fork boot, pitted forks, bent grab bar, automotive import cobbled exhaust, visible form-a-gasket on the engine, cracked rear fender, repainted and dented tank, squeaking suspension and swinger pivot.....

I had 1500$ in one pocket and the 3 other pockets had another 100$ each, I was the 1st to look at it. Very nice guy, if anyone wanted to pay about 1200$ he may take it after a couple of weeks.

I pointed everything out and told him that he was gonna get allot of unhappy prospective buyers. I told him it should be priced about 1000$ but I couldn't even pay that much.

Shame, I thought I stumbled upon a goldmine - I didn't even bother to ride it :cry:

LonesomeTriZ
09-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Mint is now a meaningless word. It gets thrown around a lot.

chris200x
09-08-2008, 08:24 AM
apperently the term "mint" means alot of diffrent things to diffrent folks. to me.. "mint" is the little thingie the maid puts on your pillow at a 4 star hotel. :lol:

your pic sucks btw... :lol: wont load all the way up and is too small to see! :rolleyes:

mymint87
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
apperently the term "mint" means alot of diffrent things to diffrent folks. to me.. "mint" is the little thingie the maid puts on your pillow at a 4 star hotel. :lol:

LMAO......or the dried up toothpaste on the bathroodm sink:postwhore

the reason I choose my member name is because when I first joined up, thats all I heard from members was, "my mint this" or "my mint that".so I signed in as a spoof to all that tossed the term loosely.............:welcome:

Louis Mielke
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Mint means perfect, as in a coin straight from the MINT, untouched by human hands.

We've also had the argument about "restored". To me "restored" is OEM perfect, back to MINT. Much like Vintage Motorsports does.

"Rebuilt" means the machine was returned to proper working order. "rebuilt" is the only way to describe a freshly built bike which utilizes aftermarket parts. A bike with aftermarket parts can not be "restored" or "mint" in my text book.

250rulzes
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Mint to me means York Peppermint patty.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm peppermint patty <----homers voice:drool:

mike from long island
09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
When I see "Mint" I think "WOW" what a RARE word to see!!!!!!!

If it isnt "Mint" it is "RARE"!!!!!!!!!

O YA almost forgot this one. " Cleanest bike to ever be on ebay" How can theirs be the mintest when the next guy says his is????????????

ATCwithdrawals
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
what town was this in, east springfeild ,Mass?

brrcuda
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
well you can look at it from a sales perspective - it got you there to look at it........:) :eek:

I saw that ad too. I thought there was something wierd about the fenders/flap that didnt look right.

scooterroo
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
maybe he ment it would take a "mint" to bring it back to mint condition!! hahaha