PDA

View Full Version : New Az OHV laws

83ATC185S
09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey there

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohv_rules.shtml

I was reading up at arizona game and fish, You are suppose to pay for a permit each year to use your "off highway vehicle" now. I have no problem with this as long as it helps me ride legit on the trails.

Do you have to have a rv plate to buy the permit? I dont have a title for the trike(are they even available?) and the dmv wont give you a plate without a title.

Any help is appriciated, Thought i would hit up some of the other three wheeler riders before I try the Dmv.

firehart
09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Idaho changed recently changed their ATV rules too. I had to take my bill of sale and the 110 down to DMV. Because prior to 1990 Idaho did not issue titles for ATVs. They wrote down the VIN and photocopied the bill of sale then checked the info of the computer. It did not come up lost or stolen so they issued me a new title and an off-road sticker. Next year I may have to get an off road plate also because some counties are requiring both a plate and a sticker. Its a way to fleece us for a few more bucks each year. There is even rumors of making us buy day use permits in some areas.

Dammit!
09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
That new law is such a crock of *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. I don't know if a title and plate are required but I bet it is. Call them and tell them your ATV was made in 1983 before dealers were legally required to provide a title and ask them if you still need one. They won't even be able to answer that. Throws them for a loop every time. It would be nice if it were easier to get a person that knows wtf they're talking about on the phone for things like this. Let us know what you find out.

Edit: and another thing, I've had my 86 R since 1989. Bought it used and have long since lost the bill of sale. What do they want me to do in that case? The only option I would have would be to lie and make a false bill of sale so I can get a title. I don't even remember the name of the guy I got it from.

firehart
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Up here they are making the ATVers pay for everything from bike paths to horse trails. We are in a big debate because they should have to pay too. The local yocals want more inforcement money but they don't want to make more trails or upgrade the ones they have. We are also in debates with the free range cattle owners because they think they own the range when all they have are grazing rights.