PDA

View Full Version : future trikefest dates question

ditchmud
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't know how everyone else feels about this so please chime in. What I am wondering is why we cant try to have a solid date for trikefest, to happen every year. Like say the 3rd weekend of every june. I know that this last trikefest the date was moved from what it was the two years prior. well my friend told his step daughter when she was planning her wedding for June not to plan it towards the end of june so he wouldn't miss trikefest. Then when the date for trikefest was set for earlier in june he couldn't go because it fell on her wedding weekend.
A lot of people have to request vacation very early in the year. I have to file early in January. I think that attendence may improve if people can start planning earlier to attend. I don't have any preference on what weekend in June, but the end of june was nice for me. I don't think that Fathersday was a bad choice either. I would just like to know when to plan on attending as early as possible. Can I get some other peoples input on this also, and the input of some of the trikefest planners. Thanks Rich

Russell 350X
09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree, this is a good idea. 3rd weekend of June sounds good.

Tri-Z 250
09-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I honestly want to put my 2 cents in as to the future of TrikeFest. I'm not taking anything away from the creators and planners of the Fest in anyway. Props to getting a TrikeFest going in the frist place. I was wondering WHY HASPIN every year? I can understand the location is central to the coasts...kinda(or close to the orginizers fine understandable). I haven't seen 1post saying how great Haspin is. Alot of warm reviews and it was cool; but no Wow they really went out of their way replies. I understand they take the hands off approch(to orginized events) and track prep, is limited. I haven't a clue to the showers but I'm going to guess ok. Do they offer a Bonfire for 3WW or Coffee and Donut truck with limited food. How about an Ice chest on sight to purchase bags of ice, extra porta-lets for weekend? I don't want to seem out of line here. I wondered why the loyality to Haspin? Now I'm not saying I won't go if it's there again...heck I'm looking to bust my TF cherry.
What about future events changing locations? Is the event growing? Can we use our numbers to get places to bid on the Event? Where are the majority of the event goers coming from East or West? What are the numbers of campers to hotel types? Is Haspin unique that it offers trails, a hill climb, a dragstrip and a track in central USA?
I can understand not changing locals because setup of the event is difficult enough. I can also understand that no one is keeping track of stupid info. Can I offer my DREAM? Hatfield McCoy TF / worlds largest 3wheeled swapmeet / paraid through town orginized (by locals) events simmilar to their other large events. I know STF-up and get back to the corrner.

Mrs.Mosh
09-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Why Haspin? It is some what central for one. And yes, it does offer everything that our events need...drag strip, hill climb, MX track, trails for a poker run, and an area for the awards. They do sell ice on site, if I remember correctly. I also think they sell coffee and other items too, but I am not for sure on this. We are campers, so we bring everything we need.

We supply the porta potties (This is where the kind members donations come in, to pay for these items as well as trophies, etc). Yes, they have a shower house. I felt they were clean, although the ladies gets a lot less traffic, so I imagine the mens probably gets kinda messy by weeks end.

Hatfield McCoy does look to be a nice place too. From what I can tell (never been there), they have a drag strip. I don't know about an MX track. I do not know what the cost to rent the area would be, or what day to day cost is. I know they require a permit, which is $47.00 a person, for out of state people.

This question has been asked a lot...why Haspin? I guess no matter where the event is held, it will be closer for some, and too far for others.

johnny's X
09-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Haspin is a all around good place to have TF. They do have all the things we would want.

I would be on the wagon to have it set the same time every year so it can be planned in advance. Maybe 3rd week in june or something.

There is a place in PA called majestic Trails that is big enough to hold TF, they do have a mx track and camping and what they call a drag strip. If we decided to have it any other place than Haspin and the numbers would great iam sure the owners would not mind running a dozer to build a strip.

All in All haspin is a good place to have TF and they treat us well and dont complain much if people obey the rules. They have food,ice,showers,two mx tracks,drag strip,hose to wash wheelers,place for awards,hill climb, and a basement for 70's racing. Not to many other places will have all the things like this.

Tri-Z 250
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Good enough I guess....Hatfield's $47 is a trailpass for 3days(most large events are $100 for camping, breakfest, cookout dinner, group bon fires, poker runs, drags and I'm sure theres a local MX track close) . I'm sturing the pot here so I'll just drop it...I really hope to make it is all to meet and greet. I can't believe 3ww takes care of it's own waste...that seems like a owners obligation for not having addiquite # of units to begin with.

ditchmud
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
This thread was really about the date of our event being more set in stone at a annual time that everyone will know years in advance that trikefest will be held the same week every year. But since we went this direction I'll give my 2 cents Haspin is a good place for the event. They really welcome us there and support us. The bathrooms are a mess but that is more because of the patrons and the muddy conditions than the facilities or staff. They sell ice, firewood, and have a cafeteria with descent food. The trail system is ok, they have the mx tracks and dragstrip. Mother nature hasn't been our friend with a healthy storm or two every year I've attended but that can happen anywhere. I think we would be hard pressed to find another place as good as what we've got now.

MIK6
09-12-2008, 03:44 AM
What a lot of members might not know is that TF actually did not start at HASPIN. The 2nd TF ended up there and after the way we have been treated we have stayed.

Just because TF is at HASPIN does not mean you can not organize a trike event on your own. This site would do everything in their powers to help promote and give ideas on thing that have worked and things that have not. One of these years I would love to get a trike event here in NY, maybe call it "TRIKESTOCK". I'd love to see if I could make something grow like TF has.

As for the date question, lets just pick it early enuff so I can tell everyone I won't be around that weekend... I'LL BE AT TF09!!!!!!

MIK6 / Mike

03 ORANGE SHEE
09-13-2008, 06:56 PM
i went to tf for three years,its a great place to hold it with the magnatude of events it has. hatfield mccoy would be a great "trail ride" event.yes the rain sucks every year, but thats the only thing i think people dont want to happen every year. is there any place in ohio where we could hold it?? there are more members from there then any other state that attends tf.

Twilight
09-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I just know I wont be making it any year with how far i would have to drive! LOL

Mikeproc
09-14-2008, 02:18 AM
i cant say it matters to me much if the date is set in stone, but i can understand the reasoning and it makes perfect sense. i dont think the official trikefest should be moved. haspin is a great place and i travel out there for an entire week from ct for the past 3 years and i have yet to see all the trails. ive met some very nice local who have taking me further into the trails and climbs then i even knew they went, so if you enjoy riding rough woodsy trails then haspin is the place. Plus the staff is very friendly and helpful. pete will do anything that we need him to do and every year has been a success as far as im concerned. i know its impossible to please everyone but its great to hear everyones input!

Mikeproc
09-14-2008, 02:19 AM
oh yeah and rick you better start getting your racer ready cus im gunning for first again!

Buster Brown
09-14-2008, 03:14 AM
I would love to attend '09 TF. I would have made '08, but as it was, I too had to commit to vacations about six months in advance (UPS policy). Any upfront yearly arrangement would get me there. I looked for a date last year, and had to guess by the last previous years. I was unfortunately off by two weeks. Lets get it set so I can be assured! Well... if the wife agrees. K10 -Andy Seibel:Bounce

Mosh
09-14-2008, 09:31 AM
There is a place in Ohio, Wayne National Forest?, I've never been ther but have driven by it several times on the way to the in-laws. There is a track just down the street if there is not one at Wayne. Not sure what thier rules are either.

I have never been to tf, but if it were closer :naughty: I also agree - set a weekend and leave it at that every year if possible and I would suggest not Fathers Day weekend...just my .02

As far as Wayne national forrest,I would suggest no.Good thought from you,but they require State stickers,Spark arrestors,and the trails are all one way trails,and Rangers are all over the place.
Not to mention,for those that want to chill by the fire and have a few beers,would be looked down upon there.
And honestly,I dont know if they even allow trikes there?

Haspin has everything needed for the event and it should continue to be the place to go,as long as we are welcomed there.

As far as Father's day weekend,The biggest ATV race ever,The Blackwater 100, Was always held on Father's day weekend,strictly becuase it was guys doing the riding,and Father's day weekend is basically the weekend that the guys can have the choice to do what they want.

ditchmud
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
oh yeah and rick you better start getting your racer ready cus im gunning for first again!

I'm working on something for you fella!

ditchmud
09-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I've been to Wayne Nat. many times. It's my favorite place to trail ride in Oh. Definitely not a place for trikefest. Trikes are allowed there. Camping is free with your trail permit, but is primitive.....very primitive. No showers, and few porta johns and out houses through out the whole place. I recommend you try the place with your buddies it has 70 miles of marked trails. It's very hilly and knarly in some places, it makes a challenging weekend. Check it out but Not for trike fest though.

jeswinehart
09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
The first (`1st.) weekend AFTER Fathers day and each year afterwards.
The trikefest planning (yes, I am a member of) spoke of setting a every year date a month after TF07.
Over the last 3-4 days most all have responded that that date should stand from here on out.

If you simply can not attend because of that date, you will be missed.
PLAN a ride out your way ! Call it what ever you would like and use the words TF if you want.
There is a TF - UK (sounded like a awesome time too!)
Sandpuppy could have named his annual ride TF-Michigan #4 last August but we all just call it Sandpuppys ride.

First week end after Fathers day folks.

john

ditchmud
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks John, I think it will make it easier on everyone. I didn't care what weekend just wanted to be able to plan around trikefest in advance. The same weekend every year makes that possible. Heck I'll change the date of my own funeral to attend trikefest.Lol You know I'll be there!

03 ORANGE SHEE
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I would love to attend '09 TF. I would have made '08, but as it was, I too had to commit to vacations about six months in advance (UPS policy). Any upfront yearly arrangement would get me there. I looked for a date last year, and had to guess by the last previous years. I was unfortunately off by two weeks. Lets get it set so I can be assured! Well... if the wife agrees. K10 -Andy Seibel:Bounce

nice pics in dirtwheels andy!

Howdy
09-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Fathers Day is held the 3rd Sunday of June, And the .org ride is held that weekend as well. I did point out ( in private months ago ) that we needed a set yearly date for everyone to be able to plan off of. The weekend after Fathers Day sounds good to me, but I'm not for holding it on Fathers Day weekend.

As far as having it at Haspin. They do have some basic rules to follow, but every place has some rules. They do sell Ice, fire wood, and have some good food ( ate there many times ). No 2 trips there have ever been the same. In fact they cater to TF needs quite a bit. Pete and others constantly ask us what we need to make things better ( track work, dust control, ect ). They do have a timing light for the drags that we can use free of charge ( not sure if it works as we haven't used it yet ).

I have also been to Wayne national forest, and while it's a place to ride, it isn't as good as Haspin for the variety of trails and options ( no drag stip, no MX track, ect ). There are lots of other negatives as well.

I have also been to The Badlands ( Attica, In ). GREAT place to ride, how ever No Drag Stip. They have more rules than Haspin, and one is that Riding is only allowed during certain times ( 9 am - 5-6 PM ), you must be out of the place before the 5 or 6PM time. Plus everyone MUST have a flag.
They have a camp ground next to it, how ever they frown on a lot of things at the camp ground. Not allowed to enjoy a beer in the evening ( NO Alcohol ). This can be good and bad.

Howdy

Tri-Z 250
09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Sorry to twist the post. I do agree with a fixed date and Father's day ride/weekend is a good gift from the wife.

Russell 350X
09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Trikefest should always be at Haspin, we are treated really well there, as Howdy said. I honestly don't think any other riding park would ever treat us the same. As far as dates go, the weekend after Fathers day sound the best.

Macs
09-17-2008, 03:02 PM
i disagree with Haspin. I think it should be in a centralized location. People from the west coast will think that this is impossible to make it. I am not complaining, it is only 1200 miles for me but it could be in excess of 3000 miles away for some. If we moved it to kansas or somwehere around there then it would make things a little more equal. More people would be able to attend. As far as parks, what we do for Highlifter Events is do open bidding. We send certified letters to all the parks with what we want as far as restrooms, tracks, showers, washing stations, parking etc etc and we are estimating a minium of 10,000 people. You would be surprised the places that will build tracks, restrooms or whatever you wanted just to get that kind of buisnuiss. Then you go to the lowest bidder who can meet everything. This gives the patrons a great place at a low cost. A few years ago we got mud creek to flood several miles of land to get our buisnuiss.

Russell 350X
09-17-2008, 03:07 PM
i disagree with Haspin. I think it should be in a centralized location. People from the west coast will think that this is impossible to make it. I am not complaining, it is only 1200 miles for me but it could be in excess of 3000 miles away for some. If we moved it to kansas or somwehere around there then it would make things a little more equal. More people would be able to attend. As far as parks, what we do for Highlifter Events is do open bidding. We send certified letters to all the parks with what we want as far as restrooms, tracks, showers, washing stations, parking etc etc and we are estimating a minium of 10,000 people. You would be surprised the places that will build tracks, restrooms or whatever you wanted just to get that kind of buisnuiss. Then you go to the lowest bidder who can meet everything. This gives the patrons a great place at a low cost. A few years ago we got mud creek to flood several miles of land to get our buisnuiss.

I see what you are saying, but if theres a minimum amount of 10,000 people needed to attend to get that kind of support, it would never happen, I think the most to attend TF was 400ish people.

Macs
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I just threw a number out there. I think the smallest event i scheduled was around 3500. I see how this might not work but it would be worth a try. I know every park i have dealt with always wanted to sign a contract for 2 - 5 years but we never did that. Now if Trikefest is willing to do that even with the lower numbers it would help.

I am just trying to throw ideas out there. Putting events out for bid is a very big headache. Something i will never tackle again.

shannonw
09-17-2008, 04:59 PM
It is a noble idea to try and get a single event central enough for everyone in the country to attend however, realistically I think it would be more attainable for folks in areas too far from Haspin to speak to the TF organizers and try and build their own TF East, West, South etc... In my experience it would be asking a lot of the very dedicated TF Organizing committee to take on something of that size.

I think if there are a group of people in your area that want to experience a TF event, then PM the organizers and get some best practices from them, and expand to hold an event in your area!

JMO but I'd think that several events across the country of well organized and manageable events would do much more for the 3WW reputation across the country than trying to take on something that could easily get out of control and end badly.

tri-Z ripper
09-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I know i wont miss it for the world this year so is the tenative permanent date for 09 june 17-21 is that assumption correct?

Howdy
09-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I know i wont miss it for the world this year so is the tenative permanent date for 09 june 17-21 is that assumption correct?

That would be the wrong date. The weekend after Fathers day is the weekend. I show June 25th thru the 28th.
Howdy

sandrion
09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
anyway that anything trike related can be held near NC/SC? sorta down southeast?

SYKO
09-22-2008, 08:33 PM
anyway that anything trike related can be held near NC/SC? sorta down southeast?

we always got our big GA rides... maybe next year we can make our DURHAMTOWN ride a reality... last year it fell through becouse some got sick others were poor and some got screwed by work

sandrion
09-23-2008, 04:13 PM
sweet i mite be able to come to some stuff if its down this way

johnny's X
09-30-2008, 04:10 PM
So Now one of the organizers needs to make a new thread with the set in stone TF dates so people dont have any exscuses on not knowing enough in advance. Week after fathers day is perfect.

jakesdad36
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
OK sorry I am new to 3WW where is Haspin and whats it cost ? I am a lonely trike rider stuck in Iowa but have trike and will travel

ditchmud
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome to 3ww! If possible please attend trikefest you wont be dissappointed. There is some freindly competitions and a lot of good company. You can find the information that you are looking for on 3ww homepage. If you look on the right side of that page and scroll down you will see trikefest info. Glad your here and hope to see you at trikefest!!!

jakesdad36
10-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks ditchmud I will definately look into it and hopefully can get there thanks for the welcome

Tiger76
10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
We have never been to TF but it would help if it was the same time every year. If you have an event in the same place and same time every year it has a better chance to grow. I think word of mouth is the best way to get people to come to events. If we could start being able to tell people now when the TF is going be then they could start planning for next year.
Does anyone know when the dates for TF for 2009 will be posted or are thay already and I can't find them. Please let me know.
We want to go but we need to know ASAP as soon as possible so that we can start planning.
Hope to beable to meet you all next year

ditchmud
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
The first (`1st.) weekend AFTER Fathers day and each year afterwards.
The trikefest planning (yes, I am a member of) spoke of setting a every year date a month after TF07.
Over the last 3-4 days most all have responded that that date should stand from here on out.

First week end after Fathers day folks.

johnThis is it forever and ever!

Tiger76
10-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello,
We have never been to TF we just learned about it. We are planning on attending next yr but need to know dates so we can start planning. I do think that it helps an event grow if it is the same time and place every yr. We hope to ba able to meet ya all next yr. We can't wait My husband rides a 1985 250R Honda and I ride a 1986 350X Honda. TF sounds like a blast we can't wait.
Tiger76

ditchmud
10-09-2008, 01:52 PM
According to John Swinehart who is on the Trikefest planning commitee TF 09 and on will be the week following Fathers day. Most people get to haspin acres in Laurel, Indiana on Thursday, but some people show up the weekend before to get a good spot in the camping area because it is first come first serve. Just a little hint make sure to camp on high ground!!!! It has rained every year almost and it does flood in areas, and if there isn't grass where you are camping then you and every thing with you will be very muddy!!
Take a look on 3ww homepage. Scroll down and on the right hand side of the page you will find info on past trikefests and the event schedule. The events run pretty much at the same times every year but they have been adjusted for the track conditions due to rain. Hope to see you and many more there. Only 8 more months till TF '09

R-N-D
10-23-2008, 03:18 PM
SO, when does it become official? Some here are saying the weekend of Father's Day but when will we know for sure? I'm only asking so that I can make plans to attend. If it is the week and weekend of Father's Day, looks like I'm out of luck. Have some friends of ours who decided to go and get married on that weekend. Can you believe the nerve that these people have? Why not go to city hall instead or even Vegas? Oh well.

jeswinehart
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
30 and 19. That should clear it up for you Rich

john

R-N-D
10-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok, sounds like I'm in. I wasn't too sure and I guess I assumed what others had done too. Thought it was Father's Day weekend. The weekend of the 25-27 I think someone mentioned. That's fabulous!!! Thanks John. I think we met at the last Trikefest. It was my first and I'd love to keep it a yearly tradition. Black Polaris, right? It was a pleasure. Thanks for the info.

keister
11-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Only 7 short months from today we will again be slinging up the Haspin mud.
I am psyched already.
Get started on your builds now, boys.... the clock is ticking!

oscarmayer
01-24-2009, 10:18 PM
The only thing I hate is us Texas guys and people in the central area in general are kinda jacked. It's quite a ride for me to go there. if it was a little closer it would make it a bit easier. I would like to go, but as stated the distance may kill my ability. I do understand your reasoning behind the current site, but how do you know if it truly is the best if you don't try someplace else? just a thought.

BTW it's 1012 miles from my home.

ditchmud
01-25-2009, 10:23 AM
What a lot of members might not know is that TF actually did not start at HASPIN. The 2nd TF ended up there and after the way we have been treated we have stayed.

Just because TF is at HASPIN does not mean you can not organize a trike event on your own. This site would do everything in their powers to help promote and give ideas on thing that have worked and things that have not. One of these years I would love to get a trike event here in NY, maybe call it "TRIKESTOCK". I'd love to see if I could make something grow like TF has.

As for the date question, lets just pick it early enuff so I can tell everyone I won't be around that weekend... I'LL BE AT TF09!!!!!!

MIK6 / Mike

Oscarmayer,
Maybe you could satart a southwest Trikefest? Just a thought.

oscarmayer
01-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't know how many would respond. :( here in Texas we have an actual "ATV" park with over a 125 acers of riding trails and stuff. It is located in the hill country area so it's really nice there.

i just don't know how many people would rally come. I'd hate to try to set something up and only have 25 show when we expected 200.

MIK6
01-25-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't know how many would respond. :( here in Texas we have an actual "ATV" park with over a 125 acers of riding trails and stuff. It is located in the hill country area so it's really nice there.

i just don't know how many people would rally come. I'd hate to try to set something up and only have 25 show when we expected 200.

Hey the 1st TF was not at haspin, only about 10 showed.
the 1st at haspin had about 15. these events grow themselves. get a small group together and watch it grow!!!

MIK6 / Mike

seadoo650
01-25-2009, 07:51 PM
The only thing I hate is us Texas guys and people in the central area in general are kinda jacked. It's quite a ride for me to go there. if it was a little closer it would make it a bit easier. I would like to go, but as stated the distance may kill my ability. I do understand your reasoning behind the current site, but how do you know if it truly is the best if you don't try someplace else? just a thought.

BTW it's 1012 miles from my home.

Hagen make it almost every year and he is from Germany. Tony has bee to a few, he's from Australia, and Will (slothminx)from th U.K. came in 07. Just plan ahead and try to get a few to come with ya to split the costs. I know Billy travels quite a ways too. If anything, just fly out and hang. There will be plenty of bikes for you to ride.

sandpuppi101
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey the 1st TF was not at haspin, only about 10 showed.
the 1st at haspin had about 15. these events grow themselves. get a small group together and watch it grow!!!

MIK6 / Mike

Let me tell ya oscarmayer what Mik6 said rite there is true 100%.I live up here in Michigan and I decided to rally the rider's up here 5 year's ago this year already,and/well anyway's the 1st year I think 12 rider's attended,the 2nd year was 26 the next year 34 and last year ther was atotal of 46 of us I believe and this year I have NO clue but I expect a few,LOL.Anyway's you'll never know if you don't try ,that's if your at all interested in organizing an event..And you can alway's ask question's from myself and other member's who plan these ride's and or event's, what work's and what does'nt.It's alway's alot of work but well worth it too see your friend's having the time of there live's.And TF would be worth the trip for ya also,heck between me and my brother we usually take 8 machine's with us to TF and I mite ride a total of 2-3 hour's the whole time,the rest is just meet and greet and having a good time with all my fellow triker's.But if you don't make TF and you feel up too it I would get something together down there..

Tri-ZNate
02-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Just got my vacation planned so i wont miss a moment. Underground sporting event, here I come

atvmxr
02-10-2009, 12:51 AM
ok so where is it?? for my TX boys, why not make the April 23-26 meet at little sahara the SW trikefest? also there are dunes in Kermit and in Kinder LA... :Bounce

Tri-ZNate
02-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Like its been said before if you organize a ride, they will come. Trikefest is at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN.

350Xhilaration
02-10-2009, 08:54 AM
A solid date is a good thing for sure. Good to have that settled.

As far as the location, make it if you can, if not, organize a small ride in your neck of the woods and see if it's something that has potential to grow.

My brother had Bumpfest a couple times and it actually got too big too quick. I think more than 30 people showed up from OH, MD, PA, RI (yeah Rhode Friggin Island for a 30 guy ride - Way to go Deepa!!).

Just make sure you have the necessary space to house folks and/or make it clear ahead of time what will be available (or not) for participants (sleeping arrangements, showers, food, drinks, etc.)

There were guys sleeping on lawn chairs under a canopy in the yard, I took my camper out so people could sleep and the beds and floors in the house were filled.

From what I've gathered over the years, TF started just like that in NY with a small group of guys getting together at someone's house.

Point to all this is, don't worry so much about changing an established event and work toward making an event at your own riding spot. How cool would that be to have 100 guys show up to ride YOUR trails or favorite park?

There is a riding park near me that I was able to get 10 or so folks to come out and ride. I think we had 7 or 8 trikes, a bike and a couple quads. www.rockrunrecreation.com

We may try it again this summer. I'm not sure I want to be the "Point Man" on a major group ride. I've been involved enough with TF to know what goes on behind the scenes to organize an event for ~200 folks with events each day, and it all "ain't pretty". These guys do the best they can with what they have and many folks don't give enough credit to the guys/gals that make it happen each year.

I will be a no show this year. Booked two separate vacations to FL, so my vacation time is gone like yesterday. I guess I'd rather lay on a sandy beach than wallow in the mud :Bounce

Kintore
02-10-2009, 08:58 AM
My brother had Bumpfest a couple times and it actually got too big too quick. I think more than 30 people showed up from OH, MD, PA, RI (yeah Rhode Friggin Island for a 30 guy ride - Way to go Deepa!!).

I was there too! Canada!

Yah man, sorry to say but I think TF is pretty well set on haspin acres... just do like every one says and plan ahead. I know its hard to hear im only a 7.5 hour drive, but once you do it once you will be hooked!

350Xhilaration
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I was there too! Canada!

SORRY JOSH!!!

I knew I was leaving someone out, just couldn't remember who. :(

85200xrider
02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
i agree with everyone else...lets set a date. i have a 85 200x and my brother has a 85 250r and we both are trying to plan to come to TF '09 but its hard to get the wives to agree when we don't know a date. We'll be coming from RI and MA so we got a 15hr trek ahead of us and it would be a heck of alot easier to plan if we knew the date in advance. Neither of us have attended and we wanna become loyal TF attendees

Howdy
02-28-2009, 02:39 PM
i agree with everyone else...lets set a date. i have a 85 200x and my brother has a 85 250r and we both are trying to plan to come to TF '09 but its hard to get the wives to agree when we don't know a date. We'll be coming from RI and MA so we got a 15hr trek ahead of us and it would be a heck of alot easier to plan if we knew the date in advance. Neither of us have attended and we wanna become loyal TF attendees

Did you read my reply ( 30th post ) in this thread?

That would be the wrong date. The weekend after Fathers day is the weekend. I show June 25th thru the 28th.
Howdy

Howdy

85200xrider
03-01-2009, 01:25 PM
ok thanks howdy, right before i noticed you replied i saw it posted on another thread. hopefully i can get the funds going so we can come down.

85200xrider
03-01-2009, 03:47 PM
also, its 15 per person a night correct? is that just for adults? my son wants to come too so i have to figure out the budget if i have to pay for him too