PDA

View Full Version : talking to my computer....coool

scooterroo
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
I decided to start speech recognition on my PC tonight. I have to say that the sh!t is pretty cool. I don't even have to touch my keyboard, just speak and the computer does what I say. Even works when navigating on the Internet. You get is gonna try this. Submit new thread

edog
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I decided to start speech recognition on my PC tonight. I have to say that the sh!t is pretty cool. I don't even have to touch my keyboard, just speak and the computer does what I say. Even works when navigating on the Internet. You get is gonna try this. Submit new thread

What a lazy ass.Does it wash your ass to?lol

j/k:p

scooterroo
09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
not yet, but soon hopefully it will fetch me the remote for the tv and get me a beer from the fridge!!!

Brockey
09-11-2008, 09:12 AM
I have no idea how u do this. I am guessing my computers dont have this feature. Let us know, sounds cool. More importantly let me know when you get it to fetch a beer, I will buy your setup then for sure. lol.

RedRider_AK
09-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I set my Vista-powered laptop up with it as well. Still having a couple bugs, but should work them out soon.

firehart
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
not yet, but soon hopefully it will fetch me the remote for the tv and get me a beer from the fridge!!!

If it can do that. What do you need a girlfriend for?

scooterroo
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
windows vista is the operating system i am using. its rather cool too. i say "open internet explorer" up pops i.e., then i say goto favorites, my favorites list pops up, say goto 3 wheeler world forums, the site comes up, i say trikesylvania, it opens trikesilvania, i say what thread to open, it opens it, say reply it automatically goes to the reply section, then i say what i want to basically type in, the say post quick reply and it posts it.

does have some issues recognizing some words, but it learns them as you go along and as you speak. i think this is pretty cool. i have had this computer for liek a year or so now, and just realized i could do this, lol.

scooterroo
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
If it can do that. What do you need a girlfriend for?

for when the wifes not around!!!!:lol: j/k, i love my wife!

edog
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
windows vista is the operating system i am using. its rather cool too. i say "open internet explorer" up pops i.e., then i say goto favorites, my favorites list pops up, say goto 3 wheeler world forums, the site comes up, i say trikesylvania, it opens trikesilvania, i say what thread to open, it opens it, say reply it automatically goes to the reply section, then i say what i want to basically type in, the say post quick reply and it posts it.

does have some issues recognizing some words, but it learns them as you go along and as you speak. i think this is pretty cool. i have had this computer for liek a year or so now, and just realized i could do this, lol.

I say I have to fart....It farts for me.:lol: shens

y2kane
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
That is funny. Is it a vista feature or are you using a seperate program for it? and is there spell check?

scooterroo
09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
it came with vista. its called speech recognition in the control panel.

TrailerRider
09-11-2008, 08:14 PM
For those of you without Vista there is stuff out there like: Dragon Naturally Speaking (http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/)

All your computer need to support is a microphone. (Click if you are wondering what the jack looks like, generally speaking (http://support.gateway.com/support/manlib/Desktops/8508550/images/08550c16.jpg))

You know there was a funny thing you used to be able to do to vista when *I think* it was still in beta or RC. You could say "Format C:" and it would start erasing the files on your computer..lol Doubt that works anymore unless you have a command shell window open. Anyone willing to try? :naughty:

Yamada
09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Thank you scooteroo, I searched on my computer and I do have this feature except that I`m gonna speak french with my computer... very cool. Now I just need to buy a microphone... I don`t know what gonna happen when I will speak english with my computer should be interesting.

scooterroo
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
not sure if it has afrench version or not, seeing is how you can set your computer up for basically any language you speak, i bet you probably could use it in french. its still new to me, but i am getting a hang of it alot better now.