PDA

View Full Version : Need gun info (Savage Scout model 10)

Dammit!
09-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Got a guy trying to trade me a "like new" Savage Scout .308 model 10 rifle with a Weaver 4x scope for my 225DX. He's throwing in a box of ammo and a hundred bucks with it.

Anybody know how much a gun like that is worth? Realistically. I found one brand new for $530 online. The pic shows a scope but the description doesn't mention one so I think that's not included. :wondering

I know NOTHING about guns at all. He's trying to get me pictures of it while I'm trying to find out if I can sell it. How the hell do you even sell a gun legally?

I figure it might be easier to sell the gun than the trike. Just depends on what the gun is worth.

TimSr
09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Savage Scout Model 10 FCM Bolt action, 20" barrel, 4rd box magazine, introduced in late 1990's, still in production. Available in .223, .243, and .308Retail $525-550, Used Excellent - $385-400, Used Very Good $305-$330. Other variations of the model 10 are worth somewhat less than the FCM Scout model (FP, FM, GY). Weaver scope is an add on. Gun was originally drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Weaver scopes vary greatly in value.

Dammit!
09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks Tim. Not sure what model it is. I'll definitely have to find out. He said it was all black which I think is the FCM from what I can find on Google. His boss bought it brand new for over $600 (not including the scope). He said the scope is top of the line but who knows. I'll need to get at least $350 for it and quickly to make it a worthwhile deal for me.