PDA

View Full Version : 1984 TRX200 and 200m/200x projects

koolaid5
09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the same as my other thread I just wanted to change the title...... that is all

Hey guys, I'm new here. I recently bought a rustbucket of an '84 200m that I was planning on fixing up. I got the engine running with just a new spark plug and cleaning/rebuilding the carb, but the frame, brakes...well....the rest of it is shot, so I was planning on just salvaging the motor out of it. I came across a 1984 trx200 and was able to pick it up for real cheap. Everything on it is good except for the motor. SO, the plan was to just swap over the 200m motor and call it a day. When I got it home I realized that the trx200 was a SHAFT drive. I didn't even notice before. SO, now I have TWO projects on my hands. I will be fixing up the motor on the trx200. I will also be acquiring an '85 200x roller to put the 200m motor in.

The problem with the trx200 motor that I know of SO far is that the cam chain broke. Today I ordered a new cam chain and sprocket, gasket kit, intake and exhaust valves, and a flywheel puller. Hopefully I'll replace all of this, throw in a new spark plug, and clean out the carb a bit and she'll fire right up. My fingers are crossed. I'll keep you all posted and throw up some pics later if you are interested.

koolaid5
09-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Come on quad guys... THe guys in Trikslyvania are helping me out and giving me feedback. No one here with quads can help a brother out??? :D

koolaid5
09-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Update - I messed with the engine a bit today and it looks like I might be able to get it back together and attempt to start up the trx200 tomorrow. I also talked to the guy selling me the 200x tonight. I'm picking the roller up for $150 and he's delivering it on Monday. He should be sending me pics of it tonight. I'll post them up tomorrow sometime along with pics of the trx200 before and after I tore it down to get at the motor. The 200x only needs a tank, exhaust, and rear rotor, which I should be able to pick up from JDLAW for a few $$. That along with the 200m motor and I'll be set.

Stay tuned for pics and updates.

koolaid5
09-14-2008, 09:28 PM
I didn't do anything with the projects today. I'm missing too much hardware to put the CDI, cam sprocket, and all of that stuff back together, so I just wrote down what I need and I'll see if I can pick it up tomorrow. I should be getting the 200x roller tomorrow afternoon too. I'll post to let you guys know.

koolaid5
09-17-2008, 12:08 PM
got sick, so the projects are on hold for now....