PDA

View Full Version : Metal Recycling????

Erics350x
09-14-2008, 07:25 PM
I've been saving old A/C coils for 2 years now and Today i started stripping them and seperating the metals. My question is, is there an easy way to seperated the aluminum fins from the copper coils. My dang fingers are blistered from twisting those dang fines off with pliers.

The Goat
09-14-2008, 09:35 PM
I used a jig saw and a saber saw when i was little.

Dirtcrasher
09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I cut the steel off and cash in the whole coils. They call it a copper/alum mix and the last ones I cashed in where 1.80$ a pound....

300rman
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
make sure you call ahead first, steel is WAY down, so i imagine other metals are too. . hold onto it until you can get good coin for it.

brapp
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
yeah changing prices are so down right now itsw horrible! but i have just used a hammer and beat it allinto submission!

Tri-Z 250
09-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Scap will come back by fall...The Mills are offline right now and will crank it backup in a few months. So the scrap dealers are sitting on inventory. November thru January usually holds the highest scrap prices.

4Q2
09-18-2008, 09:39 PM
When stripping loomy fins from copper pipe I use a pair of snips, cut one side of the fins all the way down the pipe, then go back with pliers and a lil twist and they should fall off. People use to look at me crazy when id throw all that copper brass and loomy scraps in my truck and laugh, now there all saving it too.

I use to get wood for free all the time now people think its gold since oil is up.

This is turning into a 3rd world country,, im thinking about bringing the rickshaw back :D