PDA

View Full Version : Found My Stolen Fourwheeler!

cody2
09-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Today i got a call from the police asking me for the serial number of my bike, i thought it was a bit suspicious but i gave it to them, they said they found a bike like mine going up the road , they stopped the guy or whatever and he took off running. Long story short the serial number was grinded off with a grinder, and there were a few other bikes caught all also stolen. I drove an hour to go see this thing i get there it was defiantly my outlaw. Behind it there was a z400 also stolen by the same people. Anyways at a close inspection of the bike there was no key in it the front nose was ripped off and held on with a twist tie (same ones i used to keep my license plate on). All the tires were super bald front and back no tread at all, it was covered in mud, all the plastics were broke and the front left wheel was tilted out as if the ball joint was off it or something, i have pictures on my phone i will post up later of whats left of it, but im pressing charges on the young lad who had it he was 16 years old apparntly.

Eric250R
09-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Fry him.....:mad:

ATC-Eric
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Good to hear they caught someone!

Teach that kid a lesson!

So what happens now? Did you have insurance? Can you sue the kid for damages?

cody2
09-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Im going to take care of it myself, and yes multiple charges will be pressed break and enter, theft, a bunch of stuff really. Probably sue for the damages, $3500 for my security system, some for the damage to my shed, and some for court fees and a lawyer. Also yes i had insurance so im fine, the insurance company wants me to charge him. Scum.

Dirtcrasher
09-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I sure hope Canada is harder on people than the good ole USA......

I won a 1000$ settlement from a guy that ripped me off and the courts do not enforce the judgement. I never got a dime, no matter who I called or what I did.

In the states, they only seem to enforce child support payments.

I hope you get some sort of restitution bud.

MadAtCmxr
09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
wow that sucks good that you got it back, im glad i cant have this problem cause my atc doesnt go anywhere................... starts but I havent figured out how to hook up the 550cc nighthawk motor........ shaft motor...chain rear....DAMN what was i thinking

z400guy28
09-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't know the laws up there in Canada, but down here in N.Y. that's Grand theft auto automatic felony. And the little scumbag has a record, Hopefully they charge him as an adult so he can play with the big boys in jail or prison. Glad to hear you got your quad back. Most of the time you never get it back.

Vealmonkey
09-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Make sure you get an address for his residence, you never know when that will come in handy later. Also, since he is 16, you might have to go after his parents.

brapp
09-21-2008, 06:52 PM
and sinc ehe is a minor he may be held in juvinile care and fried to the full extent sinc ehe has a record.

TravEX
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
You will be very lucky if you ever see a dime out of him!

300rman
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
always seems like stolen bikes get trashed. you would think the moron would somewhat take care of it...........

ATC-Eric
09-21-2008, 09:20 PM
you would think the moron would somewhat take care of it...........

Why would they?

Hence the term: "Drive it like you stole it!"

Drive it like nothing else matters, like tomorrow might never get here.

300rman
09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Why would they?

Hence the term: "Drive it like you stole it!"

Drive it like nothing else matters, like tomorrow might never get here.

seems pointless to steal it to ride it.....go to jail for a little fun....now parting it is a different story.

Dirtcrasher
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
it will cost you 30 - 45 dollars to do so but they now have 3 boxs to check on how you want YOUR money back, property seized, income tax refund lein, or wage garneshememnt or at least that is the 3 options I have to choose from in Mi.
2 years ago, it really wasn't worth my time or effort to file small claims but recently overhauled (or new dentures with sharpened teeth) has change all of that in the collections dept. of the small outfit I work for.
If was small claims to start with Dirtcrasher, take it back there and get some results ( + filing fee's, interest + time + wage lost ).
For Gods sake just don't roll over after taking it on the chin.

john

I did go to small claims and I won! They set up a payment schedule, I never saw a dime and he wasn't brought back in.......

cody2
09-22-2008, 04:08 PM
seems pointless to steal it to ride it.....go to jail for a little fun....now parting it is a different story.

I think its stupid, if i were the stealing kind and trash like that i would have sold it for parts and made some cash. I defiantly will press charges , keep my bikes extra locked and hopefully this young lad will get whats coming to him, if not ill find a cousin around his age to take care of him.

Blown 331
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I had a 250X stolen from my dads, never seen it again.
Just get the money from your insurance company and move on. Just let your insurance company go after him if they want their money back. Seems like the criminals are more protected than the victim. I'd just forget about it, seriously.

Ryan.
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
the kid will probably only get a slap on the wrist since hes a minor... that's just the way it is

ATC-Eric
09-22-2008, 06:53 PM
the kid will probably only get a slap on the wrist since hes a minor... that's just the way it is

Your probably right, which is why we should hope that the parents will do their job, and simply beat the ever livn CRAP outta him! shens

cody2
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Probably do, you know the type. Ive calmed down a lot since, i would just like to see the kid get straightened out and realize you cant get by your life taking other peoples stuff and to live life as an honest man.

RedRider_AK
09-24-2008, 07:58 AM
My first motorized transportation was stolen by a guy here in town like a month after my dad bought it for me. The police did nothing because it cost less than a certain amount (forgot what they said the amount was) and when me and my dad complained to the kid's dad, the guy SUPPORTED his son and tried to give him an alibi (even though I had eyewitnesses that saw him riding it/crash it).

I cannot tolerate thieves.

Eric250R
09-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Probably do, you know the type. Ive calmed down a lot since, i would just like to see the kid get straightened out and realize you cant get by your life taking other peoples stuff and to live life as an honest man.

If your honest intentions are to try and teach him a lesson so he'll actually walk away knowing he did something wrong, then the only choice you have is to go after him as hard and as much as you can. Push it as far as you can.