PDA

View Full Version : kidney problems?

brapp
09-21-2008, 07:02 PM
i raced a heare scramble yesterday and really took a tollon my body. it wa sverry verry rocky and verry rough and now after i got home i started pissing blood and it feels liek soneoen is stabbign me in the back on both sides right inmy kidneys. how bad is this and has anyone ever had this happen before? i have no health insurance and 2 local hospitals wont treat me becaus ei owe bills for majoe life threatenign surgeries in the past that i can not ever pay because the one is up in the 50,000+ range and was suposed to be covered by insurance but never happened. so i am abotu screwed. somedays i ahve awesoem luck but when the bad luck pours it really pours!!!

firehart
09-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I think local hospitals have to treat everyone even if they can't pay. I thought it was part of their tax-free status.

Mrs.Mosh
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Sounds like you may have kidney stones. If so, I don't think the Dr. can do anything for you. You will just have to pass it/them.

hublake
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I know in Michigan if you go to the hospital they HAVE to treat you regardless to your ability to pay.

brapp
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
but my biggest thign is i am trygint to fix my credit not make another bill i cant pay but i have bad times when itis almost blood red and other times when my piss looks normal

ditchmud
09-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I have had this happen to me. I drank a bunch of cranberry juice and it passed in a few days. But if it gets bad go to the hospital they can't turn you away.

Vealmonkey
09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I used to get like that when I was younger and had an old hardtail harley. It was the price you paid for being cool. The kidneys are surprisingly sensitve and don't take well to be jostled about or kicked in. It will pass in a few days. My advice, if you're going to be riding like that alot, get yourself a quality "kidney belt" that is made for just that purpose. A local leathersmith can make you a nice one if you can't find one at a store. Sometimes it's best if you have a custom one made so it can fit you properly. You want it a little on the tight side so everything isn't getting shaken around like being in a large paint shaker. Give yourself about a week off or so from riding trikes and the blood should clear up. It's the price you pay for doing what you love.

Howdy
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Sounds like bruised Kidneys to me. I had a car accident 16-17 years ago and my kidneys got bruised. I didn't go to the hospital that day, but the next day I passed blood badly ( and it hurt!! ). I decided to go to the hospital and ended up collapsing at my uncles house. I spend days in the hospital because of the loss of blood. I was passing almost pure blood. I ended up bed ridden for around 2 weeks, and was very limited on what I could do for another month or 2. It wasn't any fun at all, but I'm still here.
Howdy

TravEX
09-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes, the hospital HAS to treat you. Drink tons of water and see if it clears up. Hopefully it will clear up. Like Howdy said, if you have lots of pain with it, it needs to be checked out.

tanks350x
09-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I dont think that it's a stone or stones, I've had stones before and no blood what so ever. Its probably what vealmonkey said, just bruised.. Get yourself a good kidney belt.. Drink alot of fluids and it should get better, but if it doesn't get yourself to the ER regardless of prior bills. I hate to say this but your health is more important than a toy. Just my .02
ps. just so you know, one of my kidney stones was 4 millimeters big OUCH!!!

SWIGIN
09-21-2008, 11:55 PM
used to hapen to me all the time.....get a belt

dont do that to yourself, it hurts like hell

Vealmonkey
09-22-2008, 12:35 AM
hopefully you don't have any blood pressure problems or take and blood pressure medicine or blood thinners do you. If you are on any type of meds like that, than, make sure you get to the hospital right away. For some people, blood clots can be a problem also. If it really keep up for longer than 3 or 4 days and it doesn't really show any signs of clearing up, then make sure to go to the hospital too. If it's your first time to have your kidneys jostled around pretty good, then it's kind of scary. Even when you are used to it, it isn't a picnic. It's been a good while since I've ridden a hardtail streetbike and I usually don't ride hard enough fot it to be a problem. But make sure you don't ride for a good week or so and that will help alot. No horseback riding or strenous sports either or it's just going to keep agitating your kidneys and take that much longer for them to heel.

Erics350x
09-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Keep in mind none of us are Doctor's. Don't set around and die because some guy on a forum said you'll be fine, if things get worse go to the E.R.

Tri-Z 250
09-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd be worried if in a few days 1. the redness continues 2. if you can't piss at all but feel the need to.

brapp
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
still blood in urine but its gettign to a light orange and clearign up some but stillverry painful too. but got checked out by a friend whois an emt and he said its either bruised kidneys or clamidia but i am shur ehe wa sjust joking but startign to feel a lil better.

The Goat
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
clamydia has no real effect on guys...and makes women sterile.

so don't worry about that. lol.

cody2
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
ill sell one of my kidneys for $15,000, good shape hardly used, fresh rebuild. haha jokes aside possibly you have kidney stones, id die personally have to piss them out dont you?

edog
09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
ill sell one of my kidneys for $15,000, good shape hardly used, fresh rebuild. haha jokes aside possibly you have kidney stones, id die personally have to piss them out dont you?

I could buy a sweet Tiger with one of those baby's:naughty:

By the way i give blood for money to buy trike parts.:D

Sounds like they are getting better brapp.

brapp
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
yeah now down to a orange cool aid color
bette rthan a dark red color
its almost the color of rust yesterday bit not too bad now but stillin alot of pain.

jason85atc250r
09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
that sucks that your having the problems. hope it gets better soon. all thats wrong with me is just real sore.... imagine how bad you'll be when you get to be a real old fart like me:lol:

that course was way rockier that the other 2 races there. i think i got a pin hole in my one back tire it goes flat after about a hour. those IRAZRS will hold the wieght of the quad up even totally flat.

how is the the guy doing that raced the 300ex?

brapp
09-23-2008, 07:04 PM
russ as far as i knwo is doign fine but i really slacked of fther etorwards the end fo the first lap trygin to baby the quad back to the start finish line and realised hey its nto runngin any diffrent without any oil and just hammered out the last lap tryign to catch up to you btu i think i need to tear down both r motors and make 2 runners again.

Russell 350X
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
how is the the guy doing that raced the 300ex?

I'm doing fine, just sore is all. How are your kidneys doing now Josh?

brapp
09-24-2008, 07:20 PM
still just a slight orange color but not too bad. the pain is still a lil resent but getting better.

smokinwrench
09-26-2008, 12:42 AM
I think you should spell check all of your typing! It will take your mind off your pain for 18-24 hours per day. After that buy a belt for harsh races or better yet don't race if you can't afford to take the risk. That is what I have done. I have already been off work for 6 weeks this year without pay and only have a couple days of sick leave and vacation built up at a new job, so I haven't raced and won't till I can afford to be off work again.

brapp
09-26-2008, 11:10 AM
yes i think i did eat my bowl of stupid that morning