PDA

View Full Version : Interesting times indeed.

DixiePlowboy
09-23-2008, 07:48 PM
So..... Anyone else here catching all this?

-Oil prices are going back up.

-Wealth is being tranfered from us citizens to bail out already rich financial elites.

-The economy could easily tank any time.

-U.S. trained and backed Georgian troops got a good kicking from Russia.

-Russia has issued multiple warnings against our encircling them...yet we still are.

-Venezuela has buddied up to Russia, hosting a Russian bomber fly in.

-The Russian Cruiser "Peter The Great" squadron with a host of armaments(including nuclear missile payload) has entered the Carribean.

-A large U.S. Naval Armada is now deployed within striking distance of Iran, whom Russia vows to defend if we attack.

-Bush/Cheney INTEND to attack Iran anyway....even if it takes planning a false flag attack to gain public support for war with Iran.

-Nancy Pelosi and other CongressCritters are blocking proceedings on the 35(!) Articles Of Impeachment drafted by Dennis Kucinich and introduced in the House months ago.

-Members of Congress have stated that they FEAR that Bush would declare a National Emergency, institute Martial Law, and suspend the November elections if they held Impeachment Hearings. (If Congress voices that fear...that's a bad sign in itself).

The list goes on and on......and the "rabbit hole" gets deeper.

Russell 350X
09-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I dont watch the news, or listen to the radio, so this is all new to me. Bush is totally f*cking all of us. I think it might be time to stock up on guns and ammo. Seriously.

DixiePlowboy
09-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I dont watch the news, or listen to the radio, so this is all new to me. Bush is totally f*cking all of us. I think it might be time to stock up on guns and ammo. Seriously.

You would only be getting about half the story, anyway, if you were watching mainstream media....so don't feel bad.

For example:
As I type this, there are five veterans on a deck/ledge, 35 feet off the ground at the National Archives building in Washington D.C., staging a 24-hour(if they're not arrested sooner)protest. They have unfurled a 22'x8' banner that reads "Save The Constitution....Arrest Bush and Cheney....War Criminals" at the building which houses the original Constitution.

Youtube has videos already, but not a peep from any other source.

Don't take me wrong when I speak against the neo-cons, I'm no liberal by any stretch of the word. Both parties are headed the wrong way, and stealing our country from right under our noses. I don't mean to sound preachy, or put ANSWERS in anyone's head with all this, but I DO mean to help open eyes so that others will understand what QUESTIONS to ask their elected officials....and themselves.

If we don't wake as many people as necessary, our children and grandchildren will suffer for it.

Stock up on guns, ammunition, canned/long shelf life foods, drinking water? Absolutely, but arm yourself also with knowledge.

edog
09-23-2008, 09:44 PM
It's a sad state of affairs these days.Makes me sick.:(

threewheelin-feelin
09-24-2008, 04:35 AM
haha haha get ready boys the end is near....lets go out with a bang...get your guns ready and find a helmet...ill check back in when its time to put on the damn helmet

J.D.
09-24-2008, 07:32 AM
sad state of affairs in deed.

300rman
09-24-2008, 12:30 PM
i need to get a high-powered rifle, a shotgun, a pistol, and assault rifle and 1000 rounds for everything, cept the assault rifle......that needs 4000....too bad im broke!

Mosh
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Does not matter at this point.It would be like trying to jump in front of a 5 ton boulder rolling down Mt Everest.....

The hole has been dug,and is ready to fill with victims.
Massive wars, and rumors of wars are on the Horizon!

History itself has proven time and time again,that "MANKIND'S GOVERNMENT WILL NOT WORK"

Tri-Z 250
09-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not ready to cross the boarder just yet...I agree Chaney needs to be investigated. There was a boat load of people in major positions with No experances that were just YES men. The call came from the top and they just went with it. The 20/20 rule is in effect here. You ask anyone the day after the 9-11 tragity and most were ready to go Nuke 'em. Problem is that this crap has been coming since the the 70's. Russia....they need a WAR to United the country again, plus their economy is worse off then ours. I believe Russia is flexing to get back into Afganistan. Don't think for 1 second they don't want those natural resources. You forgot about the Osama card that has yet to be played. LasVegas hasn't set the over under yet but my guess is he'll show up here shortly. I fear no War, we have Jesus on our side.

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Does not matter at this point.It would be like trying to jump in front of a 5 ton boulder rolling down Mt Everest.....

The hole has been dug,and is ready to fill with victims.
Massive wars, and rumors of wars are on the Horizon!

History itself has proven time and time again,that "MANKIND'S GOVERNMENT WILL NOT WORK"

Good analogy with the boulder.

The whole point of preparing(to me anyway), is to do the best I can to provide for and protect my wife and children.

I don't fear for myself too much, but I'm terrified for them.

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 02:51 PM
You forgot about the Osama card that has yet to be played. LasVegas hasn't set the over under yet but my guess is he'll show up here shortly. I fear no War, we have Jesus on our side.

Bin Laden will definitely make another play. I believe that's the reason he hasn't been captured or killed though being surrounded for years. He's a useful boogeyman that has been a CIA asset in the past.

I wonder who's ID will be found at the next ground zero....after the blast manages to melt steel, but leaves the plastic card intact?:rolleyes:

cybrman
09-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Lets all hold our breath for the end.........
Is it over yet.....
How bout now?

Keep in mind that this crap has been going on for years. Yes I too believe that one day it will come to a head and we all stand a good chance at being vaporized or incinerated. Bush and Cheney have very little to do with most of it. They happen to hold the Power baton at the moment, and their intelligence or lack thereof makes them good scapegoats.
Anyone who says they are against this war is unpatriotic and part of the problem, in my opinion. As someone else pointed out I guarantee they wouldn't have made that statement on 9/12/01.
There aren't many good choices for America in general. The way I see it we either need to take over the world, or give up our arrogant position and hope we don't get blasted by all of those we have repressed over the years.
Sooner or later China will be the dominant power, the way things are progressing.
Don't worry if you run out of food the Fed will print more!

SYKO
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
serously though I cant wait to go buy a semi and outfit it with sheetmetal, scrap iron, barb wire, and gun turrets! cuz thats were things are headed!

Im going to build a thunderdome and BANK!

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Lets all hold our breath for the end.........
Is it over yet.....
How bout now?

Anyone who says they are against this war is unpatriotic and part of the problem, in my opinion. As someone else pointed out I guarantee they wouldn't have made that statement on 9/12/01.
There aren't many good choices for America in general. The way I see it we either need to take over the world, or give up our arrogant position and hope we don't get blasted by all of those we have repressed over the years.

Don't worry if you run out of food the Fed will print more!

It's amazing how much I can disagree with part of your post, yet still agree with the rest.

The "End Times" have came and gone many times over the course of humanity. That said, however, there are certain obvious situations/events taking place at an alarmingly escalated pace that points to....something....coming. I'm not even injecting Biblical prophesy into this at the moment, but just from the "rattling" going on.

I hope that you are correct, but if I prepare for the worst I'm going to have extra groceries, ammunition, and guns(that will appreciate in value after the next Assault Weapons Ban").....I can live with that. If, however, I find myself needing those things and haven't procured them when it was possible to do so......they'll be worth more than gold to me.

Now about the "war"..... I supported the action against Afghanistan, based upon the best info I had at the time and who we were being told was responsible. I strongly disagreed with the invasion and occupation of Iraq. I nearly shot the T.V. when those two war-mongering globalists and their minions were selling us the "WMD" excuse. Hard to believe that so many people still think that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 or Al Queda(sp?)....bewildering.

I support the troops and pray all there come home safely, but they were put in harm's way for an agenda that predated Bush's Presidency, and had nothing to do with WMDs, or 9/11/01.

I firmly(!) believe that, even though Bush/Cheney aren't the puppetmasters, they are MORE than willing participants in an ILLEGAL war of agression that has sent over a million(!) people to their deaths, helped bankrupt this country, and probably made more people want to see the U.S. obliterated than ever before. The outcome of a fair trial I will accept, but the overwhelming evidence against them demands that justice be sought and served.

Nuramberg(sp?)-style trials should await those who carry out unprovoked aggression on this scale.

I don't define a "Patriot" as blindly following someone who leads you on the path of destruction, in defiance of Constitutional Law...and the Founding fathers of this country wouldn't either. I think "sheep" fits them better.

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
serously though I cant wait to go buy a semi and outfit it with sheetmetal, scrap iron, barb wire, and gun turrets! cuz thats were things are headed!

Im going to build a thunderdome and BANK!

Sounds cool....til it needs fuel:D

The Goat
09-24-2008, 06:45 PM
I'll tell you what, just like the 1950s...when the bombs start going off, cower under a desk. trust me, it stops nukes.

War between the US and russia...is impossible. Why? Nukes. We each have enough to burn the other off the face of the earth. In any normal circumstance, we will not go nuclear, an attack on our soil will however necessitate a nuclear response. The end.

scooterroo
09-24-2008, 06:51 PM
this is the second time i have heard of this BUSH declaring martial law blah blah. i think that is totally assinine. as many people want him out of office, please. he can try but it wouldnt happen, you'd see him ousted really quick and sent to iraq with nothing but a jar of vasaline.

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 07:20 PM
this is the second time i have heard of this BUSH declaring martial law blah blah. i think that is totally assinine. as many people want him out of office, please. he can try but it wouldnt happen, you'd see him ousted really quick and sent to iraq with nothing but a jar of vasaline.

For you it may be the second time you've heard it, but it's about the 15th year I've been studying it(thank you Oliver North and your COG plan).

I can come up with hundreds of links to stories, articles, and videos of everyone from Congressmen to college students discussing this....but there is little debate though.

After nearly eight years of consolidation of his power, there's no one left to oppose him, so who's going to oust him? Pelosi and Conyers are blocking impeachment proceedings, on (35 Articles!!!) openly stating that they fear Martial Law and cancellation of the next election. They're not applying the LEGAL vasoline while they can, so what makes you think they'll step up once the jack-boots hit the ground?

Can he do it? Yes!
Is it legal or right? No, but he has written himself dictatorial powers through Presidential Directives such as this. http://www.inteldaily.com/?c=117&a=1431

Just wait....I haven't brought up the FEMA camps yet.

Mosh
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Russia isnt the ones to worry about.

The European Union comprised of ten nations headed up by 1 military leader will be the ones to watch.

The have already begun to break down the American Economy with the Euro Dollar on the rise.
The new world order will be forced on to every one by Them.

After they attack us and our allies,they will go into the Middle east and "bring peace to that area".......
At least that is they way it will apear for a short time.
Then a King of nations from the south will rise up and force war with the King of the North(Euro union)

The rest of these day to day things are just fumes,to attract our attention,so we cannot see the underlying plan being worked out,that I posted above.

Think about it......
If your ar going to be the New king of the Mountain,you have to take down the current Champ.....

How do you do that?
Break our monitary power down.....
Break down our military......And resources
Gain a wide following of others that would love to see us go down,to aid in the attack against us.....
End result will be that we are overwhelmed,Economicialy,militaryily,and with public support against us........

The Goat
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
He didn't have to have anything rewritten with any presidential directive. Check out your constitution again guys...the president has always had the ability to act above and beyond powers that were just listed in the constitution. If you're a strict constructionist you may think differently, but it honestly doesn't matter. If you honestly wish to talk about the intent of the founders and drafters of this country, notice they wished to found a secular state based upon the works of John Locke. We are the Leviathan.

http://en.rian.ru

I spend a fair amount of time reading this news site for comparative politics classes. All it shows is how much our news is biased, and how much the new stations in every country cater to the government.

There is one real problem though, we are presented with two candidates, both of whom are not the right choice for this country. However, we any real threat of attack presented in the media...old John is gonna win this election hands down.

Me, personally, I want Al Gore. I didn't vote for him back in the day, but the things that I have learned since that time have lead me to believe that he would have been a great president.

firehart
09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
One world government here we come. I feel for my kids and grandkids. What kind of world are we leaving for them?

The Goat
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM

The European Union comprised of ten nations headed up by 1 military leader will be the ones to watch.

The have already begun to break down the American Economy with the Euro Dollar on the rise.
The new world order will be forced on to every one by Them.

After they attack us and our allies,they will go into the Middle east and "bring peace to that area".......
At least that is they way it will apear for a short time.
Then a King of nations from the south will rise up and force war with the King of the North(Euro union)

The rest of these day to day things are just fumes,to attract our attention,so we cannot see the underlying plan being worked out,that I posted above.

Mosh, I'm sorry, but I have to ask, are you serious? One requirement of a Hegemon (us, the all powerful number one guy) is that it will one day fall. We're destined to fall man, but you have to decide if you want to fall to China and India, or the EU. Me, personally, I'm fine with the EU.

Look at it from an outside perspective, what they are doing right now is no different from what we were doing when we were first founding this nation out of states. Consolidation. Surest way to power.

How can we be hypocritical enough to tell these nations no? Who are we to decide what's right when every person in here has admitted we've made some serious mistakes?

The way we feel right now is exactly how Britain felt when their empire was crumbling. It sucks, but that's life.

One last thing, why is everyone so opposed to one world government? Diffusion is inevitable. It's kinda sad that it took 10,000 years.

What the administration added in concerning using the US Army within our borders is nothing that big. Look up old Eisenhower...I seem to recall he deployed the 82nd airborne to alabama.

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Think about it......
If your ar going to be the New king of the Mountain,you have to take down the current Champ.....

How do you do that?
Break our monitary power down.....
Break down our military......And resources
Gain a wide following of others that would love to see us go down,to aid in the attack against us.....
End result will be that we are overwhelmed,Economicialy,militaryily,and with public support against us........

I'm not as worried about war with Russia, though they have stated their policy to nuke us if we attack them with even conventional weapons and they have Iran's back(while Iran's in "our" crosshairs). Russia and China have been discussing creating their own joint currency backed by gold(which ours isn't anymore) and oil, which would knock our lights out overnight.

Mosh
09-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Goat,you may want to go back and do some research.All major world wars have originated from that area of the globe.....There are facts you may not be aware of in your thinking.They want it that way.The truth is always hidden and needs seeked out.Just like having to ramble thru 1000 sensless posts to get a direct answer about your trike in a search......

Why am I oposed to a one world order????

Becuase it directly affects MY right to LIVE FREE.And yours too.
One world order is a dictatorship.........

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
He didn't have to have anything rewritten with any presidential directive. Check out your constitution again guys...the president has always had the ability to act above and beyond powers that were just listed in the constitution. If you're a strict constructionist you may think differently, but it honestly doesn't matter. If you honestly wish to talk about the intent of the founders and drafters of this country, notice they wished to found a secular state based upon the works of John Locke. We are the Leviathan.

Me, personally, I want Al Gore. I didn't vote for him back in the day, but the things that I have learned since that time have lead me to believe that he would have been a great president.

All I can say is.....:eek:

I am a strict Constitutionalist, including support for the 10th Ammendment......placing absolute limits on the federal government strictly to the powers specifically delegated by the Constitution...and all others retained by the States or to the People.

I also subscribe to the Anti-Federalist point of view.

And with many strokes of his pen, Bush did increase his power dramatically. I'll later list a breakdown of all the PD's and EO's he's signed.

I am opposed to one world government....the equivalent of global monarchy. It's bad enough as it is that Congressmen from Chicago, L.A., and NYC can have such influence on Federal laws that have no useful purpose in rural Alabama. Can you imagine being governed by some detached entity 10,000 miles away that has never even been in your state. Geesh!

Did we fight the British to be free of tyranny, only to find ourselves in it domestically again with the threat of global tyranny now welcomed with open arms? Apparently.

Though I'm starting to feel in the minority, though I may be the first SOG shot for standing, I'll stick with Patrick Henry as a hero....."Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death!"

hancadam
09-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Goat,you may want to go back and do some research.All major world wars have originated from that area of the globe.....There are facts you may not be aware of in your thinking.They want it that way.The truth is always hidden and needs seeked out.Just like having to ramble thru 1000 sensless posts to get a direct answer about your trike in a search......

Why am I oposed to a one world order????

Becuase it directly affects MY right to LIVE FREE.And yours too.
One world order is a dictatorship.........

I agree with you moshman, its sounds like you are following your bible prophecy quite well. Are you a subscriber of The Good News? The reason I ask, is because I am and they have the same beliefs that you have stated.

If you guys really wanna freak yourselves out, look into the "The Final Phase" by JR Nyquist. Everything thats happening with Russia, he has pretty much foretold. The final phase is about WW4, the final war, with Russia. He believes we are now in WW3 with the war on terror, which is a precursor to WW4.

Heres a link to the forum:
http://thefinalphaseforum.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=3

Goat, I really wouldn't take an alternate point of view from a Communist Governments state ran news site. Just my two Cents.

hinddee29
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I would like to know how bad was it way back when that we took up arms against our Gov. It it just as bad or worse. If they where here now what would they say?
Problem is we can't fight our Gov with out the help of our military.
I'm a vet and love this country more than my life, but our Gov. needs to be removed. I sure hope he don't claim martial law. FEMA take over the country
it's over for all of us. We will not have any rights and they make us work in camps.
People better wake up I don't know about this war that is coming, but we will have on here at home sooner than that. Things keep going the way they are we
will have to fight just to keep people from coming into our homes and taking what ever they want or hurting our fam.

Mosh
09-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Hancadam......Seek and ye shall find the answers.That is all I will say........;)

What Bush wants to do,as far as martial law,We owe soley to this Patriot act bullcrap...........I have never seen a more bullcrap excuse to excersize communisim on a group of people.

The Govt. planned 9/11 soley to implement this "Patriot act" Which empowers the govt,to take any actions needed they see fit to "Protect us" From terroism,which in fact they were part of..........Hence 9/11............

Look up the defintion of terrorism......

The act of imposing fear in one/or persons to gain power over..........

DixiePlowboy
09-24-2008, 09:28 PM
What Bush wants to do,as far as martial law,We owe soley to this Patriot act bullcrap...........I have never seen a more bullcrap excuse to excersize communisim on a group of people.

The Govt. planned 9/11 soley to implement this "Patriot act" Which empowers the govt,to take any actions needed they see fit to "Protect us" From terroism,which in fact they were part of..........Hence 9/11............

Look up the defintion of terrorism......

The act of imposing fear in one/or persons to gain power over..........

DING!

That shot was right on the money, mosh.

I personally am looking for another false flag event soon. I fear this one will be the final spark.

While I'm at it, non-believers should Youtube search Rex84, Northwoods Documents, and FEMA camps to become acquainted with what their gov. has planned......and acquainted with their possible future accomodations.

firehart
09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I've heard alot about this from one of my friends who works for the state police. Yesterday I was shocked to see my dad (He is 80 years old) showing off his new 9mm.

The Goat
09-24-2008, 11:08 PM
mosh all major wars have originated by people contesting the dominant power...either they were doing something the dominant power didn't like, and so were attacked. or they finally got so fed up to attack back.

the communist website was to point out something, that website reads like straight propaganda, try reading a few of our news websites...it's just as laughable.

a global government would not be a dictatorship necessarily...only if one person ran it as a dictatorship. There is no reason a land with personal freedom and accountability cannot exist on a more massive scale than 275 million people.

research the hegemonic prophecy, we're destined to go down...all of history points that this little 300 year experiment we call democracy and freedom...will fail. no ultimate power can remain unassailable forever. attacking us militarily...just as we did to britain. attacking us economically....just as we did to britain. there are shifts in power over time.

I'd be willing to bet that the only reason many of you are so fearful is because you long for the way things used to be. fortunately things do change. they won't be changing as radically or quickly as some of you may think, but I agree that they will be changing nonetheless.

as for the thought of anti-federalism and no implied powers...the executive branch is very very loosely outlined in the constitution...for a reason. the idea of a strong federal government and weak state governments was chosen for strength, and truly without that strong federal government, our nation would not have the oldest surviving system today.

If you truly think every state would truly be better off, I must point out that as of right now...things in government typically move slowly...imagine trying to settle trade disputes between 50 states, border encroachments, hell, crossing state lines, interstate travel would likely exist a lot like travel did in soviet russia, papers to get from place to place. You'd probably have "national guard" (read as state militia) troops trading pot shots with each other.

as for the whole biblical prophecy argument, everyone is welcome to there own beliefs...but government should always be secular. Unless of course you would prefer us to be more like....Iran?

ditchmud
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow deep thought and debate in this forum. I thought that stuff was gone with all the usually juvenile posts. I am not informed enough to debate with you all, but please keep this one going as i learn more with all of these different points of view. I haven't done the research to be informed mainly because I don't really feel comfortable actually knowing where things are going. What little I do know doesn't look good and deters me from seeking more info. You never know whose information you can trust anyways. Most news is politically motivated by one side or the other, and Both sides are controlled by Big Business, who just wants to steal more money from us all.
So for now I'll just clean my guns and wait for the next revolution. On the bright side, when our government crumbles nobody can tell me that i can't ride my 3 wheeler!

LonesomeTriZ
09-25-2008, 08:52 AM
(sigh) If only the South had won...

firehart
09-25-2008, 09:07 AM
If the South had won, we'd all being eating grits and greens.

LonesomeTriZ
09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
If the South had won, we'd all being eating grits and greens.

Um, no. Nothing would have changed up north. The South only wanted their independence. So, at least those of us living in the South would not worry of such things.

Tri-Z 250
09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
It is well known that Nazi Germany and the radical Islam were both hand in hand back in WWII. Hittler explained and sat with one leader, at the time of the Muslim Religion. The SS guard trained and fought side by side with these radical Muslims. When asked why a non white/blond hair soldiers was fighting in the SS guard. Hittler answered we both want to kill the Jews. So if you look at the propaganda flyers for radical Islam today they are an EXACT copy of those send out by the NAZI's to recrute young childern in WWII. Folks this is not a NEW WAR...we have been closing our eyes along with those within the religion (who are good people) for a long time now. Now that the Muslim faith carries over 1 BILLION fallowers WORLD WIDE it now out of control. These radicals are everywhere in this country as well as WORLD WIDE. You can't stop what you can see is the approch the Radical Islam is taking. Closed door meetings....that only those who know and are involved go to. 2 faced is the theme, act as if your getting along in public and talk reform and peace. All in all there is going to be alot of innocent people killed before this is over. Its there way or No way, you are a fallower of Alliah or you are an infidel that must die. Why don't the good turn in the bad? Answer the same reason crack dealers rome the city streets....Fear of being killed by a gang for doing whats right. A large recrutment center here in America is our prisons and jails. They use our laws against us because we are too politically correct....ALL MEAT IN PRISON is made of turkey...Why? MUSLIMS don't eat beef, or pork. Perfect example of how they changed the rules while in jail.

DixiePlowboy
09-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the only reason many of you are so fearful is because you long for the way things used to be. fortunately things do change. they won't be changing as radically or quickly as some of you may think, but I agree that they will be changing nonetheless.

as for the thought of anti-federalism and no implied powers...the executive branch is very very loosely outlined in the constitution...for a reason. the idea of a strong federal government and weak state governments was chosen for strength, and truly without that strong federal government, our nation would not have the oldest surviving system today.

.....but government should always be secular. Unless of course you would prefer us to be more like....Iran?

Goat, fear of negative change is a good thing. I do long for Liberty, and I'd like to think that it doesn't just exist in the past. None of us alive today have ever lived without some form of government control. From the compulsary education system to the illegal federal income tax, government's tentacles have always encroached on our Liberty....whether it was obvious to each of us or not.

BTW, changes are coming sooner than you think. I haven't even had television service for the last couple of months, but I'm still keeping up with what's going on in D.C. and on Wall St. right now. Get ready for an engineered depression...not recession....DEpression.

The President, the Fed, and the Treasury Sec. are trying to rob our children blind as we speak, while expanding government control in private business. Using scare tactics.....terrorism by definition, no less. China is advising it's lending banks to no longer loan money to the U.S. (you know of course that there isn't any gold backing our money anymore....right?).

The tip of the iceberg should be clear to everyone now, but sadly it isn't.

First off, the United States was not designed to be a democracy! If this were a mob-rule(tyranny of the many) system of government, we wouldn't have needed a Constitution. If the Constitution hadn't been trampled on and only given lip service, we wouldn't be in half the mess we're in.

If more people understood that the Constitution IS the supreme law of the land, and that it IMPOSES limits on government instead of empowering it, we wouldn't be seeing government take on a fascist/communist form. The Constitution is not a "living document"....or else why waste the time to write it?

Our form of government was intended to weaker than the source of it's power....the States and We the People....limited to only a few specific duties. Liberal revisionism teaches differently. Sadly, the Communist infiltration of our ploitical and educational system has evidently been effective. What Lincoln didn't completely trample, colleges, media, and pop culture have ceratinly accomplished.

The idea that our form of government was intended to be purely secular is a myth. George Washington made this clear. Just look at the Declaration Of Independance.....who do you think the "Creator" is referring to, and where do you think your inalienable rights originally came from? Government sure doesn't "give" me my rights, I was born with them thanks to my Creator.

DixiePlowboy
09-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I am not informed enough to debate with you all, but please keep this one going as i learn more with all of these different points of view. I haven't done the research to be informed mainly because I don't really feel comfortable actually knowing where things are going. What little I do know doesn't look good and deters me from seeking more info. You never know whose information you can trust anyways. Most news is politically motivated by one side or the other, and Both sides are controlled by Big Business, who just wants to steal more money from us all.
!

Glad to know you care enough to be reading along. Don't worry if you feel like you don't know enough....stay tuned, keep your eyes open, and continue to be awakened. That's half the battle between good and evil....having the courage to open your eyes to the painful truth.

I recommend reading Patrick Henry's "Liberty or Death" speech...in it's entirety.:beer

brapp
09-26-2008, 07:20 PM
its ready for some things to change and go back to the origional laws that the peopel that founded this country close the borders and become a self sufficent country again.

The Goat
09-26-2008, 10:27 PM
george washington didn't write the constition. his influence was simple yet utterly decisive, he didn't wish to rule this country as a king.

the constitution was written by men well versed in philosophy. It was written by men who understood that the only way to survive is to have power...unassailable power. That's a machiavellian tactic at it's finest. Why do you think we allied with britain after the revolutionary war rather than ally with france, the ones who helped us free ourselves of the tyrant. The reason is simple, britain was the smart play, they were the stronger.

We should never forget that as he said, we should not exist as a state ruled by the tyranny of the majority. The constitution had to be a living document...the founders were more intelligent than they may have ever realized. In making it a document able to change (let's not forget that your first and second ammendment rights stem from that ability for the document to change), they made the document able to stand the test of time.

I may come across as a liberal on a lot of things, but make no mistake, my views on why this country should be respected are quite conservative. We should be respected because of our power. Others should not merely give us respect, our very existence should demand it.

as for religion in this discussion, I won't argue it with you or with anyone, every person is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. I don't believe in arguing against what someone holds that dear.

On a more humorous note...a russian ship was hit by pirates off the horn of africa. Even I can't help but think we may have had a hand in that. though somalian pirate attacks have been on the rise all year.

I propose Al Gore as president with George Bush Sr. as vice president. anyone agree?

hancadam
09-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I propose Al Gore as president with George Bush Sr. as vice president. anyone agree?

Al Gore is an absolute idiot. He couldn't even win his home state. Also, one of the biggest hypocrites in the world. If he really believed all the BS he spews all the time, how can he live the way he does? You should see his house, but wait, he buys carbon credits. Oh, and he owns part of the company that came up with the pile of BS also.

DixiePlowboy
09-27-2008, 12:30 AM
george washington didn't write the constition.

the constitution was written by men well versed in philosophy. It was written by men who understood that the only way to survive is to have power...unassailable power.
We should never forget that as he said, we should not exist as a state ruled by the tyranny of the majority. The constitution had to be a living document...the founders were more intelligent than they may have ever realized. In making it a document able to change (let's not forget that your first and second ammendment rights stem from that ability for the document to change), they made the document able to stand the test of time.

No, Washington wasn't a framer, but his opinion on God's place in government is clear.

I'll disagree 100% about the intent being for the government to have "unassailable power". The writings of the Founders drip with disdain and mistrust of a strong central government....that's the main reason for the 2nd Ammendment. Politician hunting and defense against invasion/tyranny.

The process of altering the Constitution was intentionally made difficult, but politicians have found ways around that(the underhanded creation of the Federal Reserve is one good example).

My point is, that essential Liberty was and is not to be subject to the whims of a politician, a political climate, etc.... Lately, all we've had is a steady stream of those that would pervert it for their own gain and/or agenda. If they even noticed it was still there at all.

I'll never get behind globalsim, one world government, the North American Union, bending or trampling the Constitution, sacrificing Liberty for security, or having someone tell me that "It's just a G-D piece of paper" like Bush did.

Question: Are you personally commited to your seeming position of strong central government/ living Constitution/ global government/ change at any cost ....to die for that ideal, or to take up arms against someone that holds the viewpoint that I do in order to advance your position?

In other words, if you were forced to fight tonight by one of the two sides, which would you prefer it be?

Edited to add:

Gore and Bush Sr.? You can't be serious.

I'd say today that between Wall St., the Presidential Administrations over the last 16-20 years, Tweedle Deeb and Tweedle Dumb running for President now, and almost everyone else in Congress,......Ron Paul is looking like a Founding Father and a genius rolled into one.

He's been warning of this crisis for decades, and actually knows how to start the process of recovery.....but the American people chose McCain?

Guess it goes to show that stupid people are the only people in the world guaranteed to get just exactly what they deserve.(No, I'm not saying you're stupid, Goat)

The Goat
09-27-2008, 01:58 AM
quite committed. of course, saying it is quite differently from doing it. the idea of a global government is something I hope to see in this lifetime...it won't happen for a few hundred years, but make no mistake, it will happen.

I was quite serious about Gore...I've come to respect that's he's intelligent, and as many a redneck voted for bush because he seemed like a guy they could have a beer with, I could vote for gore just because of that reason, even if he is hypocritical...more people are than not.

no one candidate is right for president, as no one man has all the right ideas.

If you think creating the federal reserve was underhanded...then what about the idea of judicial review in marbury v. madison. that was about the most political court decision of all town.

ATC-Eric
09-27-2008, 02:24 AM
Man, you guys are freakin smart!

DixiePlowboy
09-27-2008, 04:16 PM
quite committed. of course, saying it is quite differently from doing it. the idea of a global government is something I hope to see in this lifetime...it won't happen for a few hundred years, but make no mistake, it will happen.

I was quite serious about Gore...I've come to respect that's he's intelligent, and as many a redneck voted for bush because he seemed like a guy they could have a beer with, I could vote for gore just because of that reason, even if he is hypocritical...more people are than not.

Goat, I've enjoyed this discussion. I think that any time two people with (some)extremely different viewpoints can conduct themselves as gentlemen, it's a credit to civilized humanity.

That said, my views and convictions are deeply rooted in non-revisionist history, a love of Liberty, my hopes for my five sons to grow up in a free and prosperous country, and in my very soul. Tyranny should not only NEVER be accepted, but eradicated from the face of the Earth

Without any intention of personally berating another's feelings or ideals, I sincerely hope that you are in the minority. You may be a great guy, and you obviously mean what you say and stick to it. For that I admire your loyalty to your convictions......... but for my children's and the Republic of our Founding Fathers' sake, I damn your judgement.

The Goat
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
:naughty: ...deal. But before you condemn me, read one last post.

IDEALISTIC:

To be honest...my views are simple, I believe that no one man has the correct ideas. I believe in the right of every person on this planet to live freely and have some control over their surroundings. I believe every person's needs should be met (quite the liberal standpoint), but only if they are willing to work for them. I believe in financing educations for those who can't afford it, with the requirement that every last penny must be returned. I believe every person on this planet has a potential to be something, most will ignore it, the rest will work haphazardly at achieving some goal until they die.

I believe that the constitution must be able to change; while basic human needs have remained the same throughout history, situations change, and sometimes, maybe not as often as the lobbyists push for changes, but the constitution must come to reflect and encompass these changing times; and most of all I wish some for of competence could be planted in the minds of our leaders.

Government as a whole exists as both a business and contract. We, as citizens, agree to abide by a set of rules and make contributions to a system; in return, we citizens should only expect a few things: freedom, protection, and security. Freedom to make our own decisions; protection from the day to day deviants who fail to obey the rules; and security in all of our property and person. We make monetary contributions to the system in the hopes that it will provide us with things that improve our quality of life: schools, roads, transportation, clean water, abundant food, and potential. Unfortunately the business that we hope runs smoothly, rarely runs at all. It certainly never turns a profit. If the country was run as a profitable business, the advancements we would see on all fronts would be amazing...and...heaven forbid, we would actually be truly self sufficient. Of course we would still deal with other nations, but if every other nation on earth burned to the ground, it wouldn't affect us in the slightest. Instead we are provided with a system that never succeeds in making a profit, hell it's taboo to even think it. We have a system that grows deeper and deeper in debt every single year.

I remember being in third grade and being told that our nation was the most powerful on earth, we were unassailable, we owed money to everyone, but if they ever had a need to collect, it would mean the world was crashing down anyways. I was gullible and childish enough to believe it. The truth is our economy is circling the drain because the nation provided too many unproductive jobs to too many unproductive people. The idea of working for the state or federal government is considered a joke job in many places; and with good reason, you don't do a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* thing, and you get paid for it.

My desire for a global government does stem from religion in a way. I believe in a global government as it presents the only real opportunity for the advancement of our species. Eradicating disease, exploring the stars, hell even exploring our own oceans will never occur on a substantial level until major conflict ceases. The best chance of major conflict ceasing is by having the entire human species banded together with a common cause.

I don't wish to take your freedoms, I don't wish to take your liberty; I just wish that everyone on the planet could experience it as well.

REALISTIC:

People are stupid. This will never work until a major conflict wipes out the majority of our species. We will never exist as a global community until we have no choice.

PARTING COMMENT:

The thing about the south wanting just their freedom...eh, that was economic warfare at it's finest. The year preceeding the Civil War, cotton accounted for over 80% of our exports...that was a massive influx of capital. Neither nation, the North or the South, could have survived without the other. The North needed time to industrialize, raping the land for its natural resources. The South depended upon the export of that cotton, cotton was the most labor intensive crop of the time, without the slave labor (and later sharecropping) it was impossible to procure profittably. When over twenty million people are enslaved, it becomes quite difficult to keep your work force under control.

We are here today, free...because of a drunkard named Grant and mass produced rifled barrels. Jefferson Davis was a fool who wished to fight down to the last man...thank God Lee was a better man than all and surrendered.

Also...read Pericles Funeral Oration...our constitution exists because of it.