PDA

View Full Version : Is 3WW being taken?

Tri-Z 250
09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Is 3WW being taken over?
I have had my frist bad dealing on this board with a young person. I found out he is underage and not very business like. I have also come across alot of posters that seem young. How can I tell...dumb questions that only a newbee would ask, stupid interuptions like pics pics in a tech post, or answering posts from wayback. Don't get me wrong here...I welcome new blood to triking. Trikes can sometimes be an affordible way into offroading. The backside to the problem is they have NO bussiness ethics and want to be somebuddy on the board(make a name for themselves). You and I can't go after these youngsters in a court of law if trouble arise. They can access the site from various address, home, school, friends, community centers ect. (as we all can but most adults won't). The difference is most adults act as adults and are responcible for their actions, or non-actions. Kids however act like kids...meaning NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything. The need to want to be apart of the group can over take them. Ever run into someone who just can't say NO? How about the Fat guy at Dunkin D's? He knows he really doesn't need it; but just can help himself. Young people see post #'s and read some of the fab stories and want to be "that guy" who everyone kinda looks upto and knows. I don't want to come off like an old fart but I guess I will.

SYKO
09-24-2008, 10:12 AM
you must have been asleep durring the TEAM RED RIDER days..... lol

when dealing with a young person... I simply DONT... everyone got shafted from TRR but me.. becouse I delt with his MOTHER!

Yea there are alot of younger guys posting now, wich sometimes can be a pain, but be luck there ARE younger people posting about trikes... that way they dont just fade into memory.

Tri-Z 250
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh I hear ya and agree. I WELCOME new blood to the experance of riding 3 wheels...but agree with the can be fustrating part. I maybe a a tad on edge do to the fact I haven't had a goodnight sleep in three weeks...Love my Twins!

300rman
09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
just remember, not ALL newbs are out to get you. i started buying/trading parts very shortly after i joined the site, and was just turned 18 (many still consider that young)
and have not had a bad dealing yet.
easy way to cover your ass, when selling, get the money up front, and when buying from a questionable newbie, deal in half-payments or not at all.

i have been screwed here less than i have on Ebay, and they have "protection", so i think MOST of the guys here are genuine.

Ryan.
09-24-2008, 04:09 PM
well i joined when i was around 14 or something and i was selling various parts to people at that age, like a Vitos 240 race cylinder for a blaster. im 15 now, but rarely sell anything, but when i do i keep it as professional as possible. i mean some people you do have to watch out for, especially youngins, i really don't blame you guys for being cautious

firehart
09-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't see that age is really an issue. Scumbags come is all ages, sizes, and races. If you want to be treated fairly, treat everyone fairly. Sure you're going to get shafted one and awhile but remember it all comes out in the wash.

SYKO
09-24-2008, 04:27 PM
well i joined when i was around 14 or something and i was selling various parts to people at that age, like a Vitos 240 race cylinder for a blaster. im 15 now, but rarely sell anything, but when i do i keep it as professional as possible. i mean some people you do have to watch out for, especially youngins, i really don't blame you guys for being cautious

lol, you make it sound like your 35 now and been here forever! lmfao!:wondering :beer

03 ORANGE SHEE
09-24-2008, 05:14 PM
you must have been asleep durring the TEAM RED RIDER days..... lol

when dealing with a young person... I simply DONT... everyone got shafted from TRR but me.. becouse I delt with his MOTHER!

Yea there are alot of younger guys posting now, wich sometimes can be a pain, but be luck there ARE younger people posting about trikes... that way they dont just fade into memory.

you mean GRANDMOTHER!

Tri-Z 250
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Your correct that age shouldn't play a role as to how people act. I should have stated it more direct like...Under 18 a minor can't be taken to court. Looked at as not responsible in a court of law. You can't own anything until your 18. Under the wings of your parents insurance programs and care. Now I do understand if you commit a crime and are arrested you can be charged. To treat a person with respect is how everyone should live...thats being responsible and acting like an adult. I do agree this board carries ALOT of GREAT folks in it worth knowing. The "wash" is like a bee sting I guess, I'll soon forget and move on. I'm not bashing on the young crew of riders here. It's just seems some are more eger to make a board name for themselves. I always go by the rule of thumb that an image is just an image, but true respect is earned: but both can be lost in one bad reaction from your own mistakes.

y2kane
09-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I have to say I know a lot of "kids" I would rather deal with than adults. Both can get snotty and tick you off. I am 37 and still a noob at alot of things dealing with trikes.

on a side note I have twins to and remember when they were young and feeding times. Boy that was fun LOL. It gets better as they get older they are 15 now and a little more reasonable. Just a little. lol

Ryan.
09-24-2008, 06:06 PM
lol, you make it sound like your 35 now and been here forever! lmfao!:wondering :beer

i may be 15, but iv been around the block :beer

scooterroo
09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
i may be 15, but iv been around the block :beer

which block is that? sesame street, tell the grouch i said HI!! :lol:

well i dont think the site is being taken over. i think its great that theres a whole other generation interested in something i was interested in when i was a kid. when it comes to selling and buying wether on here or ebay or where ever, you always need to exersize some sence of caution. just because you come on here, and think your getting to know someone thru the interaction of a post or chat or private message, doesnt mean you actually know this persons integrity. i have dealt with alot of people on here, buying parts, selling parts, and havent had a bad deal yet. yes, i have had a few that took a little longer then it should have to reach me, but it was a simple mix up and have since forgiven them people and have even dealt with them again.

like i say to most newcomers when joining, and welcoming them, "theres alot of good people on here." doesnt matter about their age. if i can help someone thats younger then me out with some info or whatever about an issue they have with their trike, awesome.

best advice when dealing with buying and selling...money up front, i always require a signature when shipping so i know the person got it also. if they arent happy with the part, ship it back, and i will refund your money when i recieve what it is i sent. no biggy, move on from there.

SYKO
09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
which block is that? sesame street, tell the grouch i said HI!! :lol:

OMG:lol: :lol: :lol: that made my day!! LMFAO!:w00t:

Billy Golightly
09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
If theres posts that bug you, use the thumbs down buttons in each posts. If enough people vote em down, they go away and no one has to look at stupidity anymore.

Howdy
09-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Is 3WW being taken over?
I have had my frist bad dealing on this board with a young person. I found out he is underage and not very business like. I have also come across alot of posters that seem young. How can I tell...dumb questions that only a newbee would ask, stupid interuptions like pics pics in a tech post, or answering posts from wayback. Don't get me wrong here...I welcome new blood to triking. Trikes can sometimes be an affordible way into offroading. The backside to the problem is they have NO bussiness ethics and want to be somebuddy on the board(make a name for themselves). You and I can't go after these youngsters in a court of law if trouble arise. They can access the site from various address, home, school, friends, community centers ect. (as we all can but most adults won't). The difference is most adults act as adults and are responcible for their actions, or non-actions. Kids however act like kids...meaning NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything. The need to want to be apart of the group can over take them. Ever run into someone who just can't say NO? How about the Fat guy at Dunkin D's? He knows he really doesn't need it; but just can help himself. Young people see post #'s and read some of the fab stories and want to be "that guy" who everyone kinda looks upto and knows. I don't want to come off like an old fart but I guess I will.
Feedback, feedback, feedback!! Thats what that forum was done up for and it helps warn others so they don't get taken by him.

Howdy

BigGreenMachine
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
+1

Feedback forum is great, look before you deal!!

I have had nothing but good dealings on here.

Tri-Z 250
09-25-2008, 03:41 PM
I did look to the buyer feed back and you will note my reply to the paticular indivdual I had problems with. Unfortunatly this individual goes by about 3-4 screen names...:wondering nice eh?

Tri-Z Pilot
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
i like to think i can read people, but its alittle hard over the net. my problem is i trust people a little more than i should, and that was only abused on the board 1 time, and he was an adult.
i do see a lot of younger peeps joining which i think is great. some of them have yet to learn proper etiquette, but we were all there once, age is not the factor. its about mentality and personality, period!

factoryX
09-30-2008, 03:30 AM
"cough" jamesr9r "cough"

Tri-Z 250
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Yep a mature person can even get overtaken by the post to every subject thats why they have:postwhore