PDA

View Full Version : Throwing this out there

y2kane
09-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I live in Ohio and am currently unemployed, well actually I am an acting substitute driver for my local school district.

I was thinking what if someone had a Trike in Pennsylvania that someone in Indiana or Illinois, or in your state for that fact, wanted to buy but the distance was to far. How many of you would be willing to pay for a delivery of this trike? What would you be will to pay per mile?

Just a thought even with the rising price of gas.

firehart
09-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Might be a scam. Buy and sell in person.

300rman
09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
i think hes thinking about delivering such items?

brapp
09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
i have done the delivery thign before you need a cheap little truck to do so caus ea 6.0 crew cab powerstroke lifted isnt the wya to do it lol or a 454 sport chevy pick up lol

y2kane
09-25-2008, 11:54 AM
LOL actually I am talking about delivering such items. most likely a delivery service. I have 2 mini vans and a ford ranger at my disposal as of now so MPG would be decent unlike a bigger truck. I don't scam people. just thinking of a delivery service or something like that.

DeePa
09-25-2008, 12:03 PM
it all depends on whats worth it to you.

say you bring me a trike to ri...1000 miles round trip, 20mpg, so figure 200 bucks in gas at 4.00 per gallon.

so that right there is 200 bucks, now whats it worth for you to drive 1000 miles and back home? Dont forget about wear and tear on your vehicles

Tri-Z 250
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Run an add under your Tag, also place an ad in the local and the nearest city for light duty hauling/delivery. I would also, if your interested mentioning spring/fall clean ups for garages. You'll load your truck and hual to the local dump(somtimes is's easier to have a dumptruck in some cases). You can sometimes find scrap jobs from local stripmines. They usually have old trucks and equipment laying around...Get some torches and give a protion back to the owner/super on the lot. Most mines believe it or not do not waste time and labor on scrapping out old rusted junk.

oldtime3wheeler
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
I go down to the south end of North Carolina once a year. Its about 600+ miles each way. This year I spent around $350 in gas(went down the end of August in my Dodge 1500). If you charged $2 a loaded mile and got some sleep in your vehicle, you would probably make out OK. If you had a couple deliveries on one run you could make some good coin.
I have thought about the same thing using my enclosed trailer.

dickieg89
09-25-2008, 06:51 PM
I've seen a lot of type of deals in the paper, usually by truck drivers, ny to fl is pretty common.

y2kane
09-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Would any of you guys pay for a service like this if you got a heck of a deal on a trike far away?

smokinwrench
09-26-2008, 12:29 AM
While had a broken foot last winter and couldn't work on got on uship and started looking for loads to haul. I was amazed at how cheap people will haul stuff. I couldn't even pay the fuel cost on what these people are hauling for. I have horse trailers and flatbeds at my disposal. I have no clue how they are making ends meet, but I'm not willing to drive 2,500 miles per week and only make $400-500 when I get home after fuel.