PDA

View Full Version : Newfoundland, Canada's ATV Laws

BigGreenMachine
09-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Just browzing the Canadian laws concerning young children and ATV's. I know I've read this all before but now it hits home.

I was looking to buy my nephew a quad since he is so interested in them. Buying a new one for myself and it would be nice to have him along on rides with me when he visits. The lil dude grew up in our house, he is more of a little brother then a nephew. :)

BUT....it is now illegal for him to ride any ATV since he isn't 14. Even if he was 14 years old he would be forced to ride a 90cc or smaller ATV, under my supervision. That just wouldn't do! The guy is almost as big as me for frig sakes and he is only 11!

Its disgusting...making criminals out of kids and taking away what is/could be a very fun part of life for them. Makes me sick.

So what now? My hands are tied?

What about dirtbikes, same restrictions apply?

James

Yamada
09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Do you plan to ride on a private property or on the trail. I`m sure if you/he just rode your quad on your lawn there is no problem. Hell, this summer I saw 6 y.o. kids drag racing at a fair. The problem is if you want to hit the trails, your nephew need a drivers license just to crosss the road ( 14 y.o. kid can have a scooter license here in Quebec)

BigGreenMachine
09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Shoot I forgot about riding on your own property. I just bought a kinda large plot of land but that would get old fast.

Are these laws the same for dirtbike as well?

Yamada
09-29-2008, 05:27 PM
I just know that in Quebec you can not rode a dirtbike in the Trike and quad trail. Not even the dual-sport can be ridden in the quad trail.