PDA

View Full Version : Vent about the authorities

SCEADU
10-04-2008, 09:17 PM
So tonight I was riding the power lines near my house. On the tallest hill you can see pretty far out both vallies and I always stop at the top just to look at the nature and clear my head. I noticed a white car down on one of the flats that looked like a police car. So I sat there for a while and watched as he got out on the blacktop and sped off the other way. It was getting kind of late so I started back toward my truck. I came up on a guy that was helping his daughter after a wreck when I hear a voice of in the distance asking what we were doing. I turn and it is a police officer.I said that we were just helping this little girl out and he starts in with "well do you have written permission to be here" . My response was written no, but verbal yes. So then he goes to the "this is Georgia power" property and I very much doubt that they would give you any kind of permission to be here. I explained to him that the power company owns the right of way but a land owner owns the dirt underneath at which time he starts to argue with me and asks for my ID. So after the converstion goes for lil while he says to ride back to where his car is so he can write us up. I asked for what? For off roading without written permission. Once at his car I started in on him on how there are Meth houses, and Crack shacks within 10 miles of here and you wasted a half hour of your time to walk up the trails to go after people just trying to enjoy nature? This did not sit well with this young fella. He proceeded to threaten impoundment and criminal tresspass? WTF? I rebutted with unless the land owner presses charges and posts NO TRESSPASSING signs you don't have a leg to stand on. He got in his car and after about 10 minutes on the phone he gets out and says "out of my kind nature I am just going to issue you a warning.
WTF X 2?? This guy looked like he was right out of Highschool. Talk about a complete power trip. I think that he had every intention of giveing us a ticket until I seemed to know a lil about the local laws. You can't tell me that he was willing to walk about a mile up some pretty steep inclines to give us a warning.

And what about the people that called the police on us? These trails are about a mile from any houses and why would they care if we are riding there? WTF X 3 is wrong with people? I don't understand how people can complain about somthing that has no impact on them. Are people just that plain unhappy with themselves that they can't stand to see others enjoying life?

4Q2
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
"Are people just that plain unhappy with themselves that they can't stand to see others enjoying life? "

BINGO !!!!!

The best revenge is too be successful when others doubt you, or remain happy and positive when they are not, goes right up there balloon knot

Mrs.Mosh
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Sounds most typical these days.By following his rules,and returning to the squad car with him, You did the right thing, and showed him that ATV riders are responsible and law abiding......GOOD WORK !

If you can, get written permission to be there.

That way when he comes back, you can really tell him he is waisting his time and YOUR tax dollars!

wheelie king
10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Just another rookie with, as you said, no leg to stand on. With those jokers, play their game and you'll be fine. If you feel that you were mistreated or he abused his power, file a formal complaint at the Police Department - that is the ONLY way that these younger hotheads will get a clue. I wish they'd change their profession and quit making the cops that actually care and have a better "big picture" focus look bad.

I can't stand the "because I said so" attitude of some of these younger cops. I swear we are not all like that............:D

LonesomeTriZ
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I to hate those guys. I have had a few run ins with them and I usually know more about the law than they do.

brapp
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM
hell i have bene threatened and taken to court for ridign my atv on the dirt roads up her ewher ei live but alli have to do is brign up 1 its not illegal for farm use 2 its my property both sides of the road and the roadway can be used to tranfer from trail to trail if there is no difrct crossing 3 it smy property asshole and your the one tresspassing. so bugger offlol god its nic eto know 95 of the layers and courthouse personell in my county and not to mention the sherrifs office and state olice too lol

SCEADU
10-06-2008, 06:13 PM
When Brapp types it reminds me of the one coach in the Movie the Water Boy.