PDA

View Full Version : run your foot over

300rman
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
at least 4 times lately, when people are comparing trikes to quads, the old "put your foot down and get it run over" thing has come up. well, in the rear end, a trike and quad are exactly the same, so the same thing would happen on a quad, so i dont understand how people overlook this. things like "id rather my kid on a small quad than a atc cause you run your foot over" i just dont get it.

honda_atc200es
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
i belive its because by instinct your more prone to put your foot down on a trike than you are on a quad

ditchmud
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
It can happen on either machines. I ran my leg over on my 250r fourwheeler and it about broke my ankle. Now I wear motorcross boots (almost always) on my trikes or quads. But the newer machines come stock with a gaurd between the footpeg and and rear fender that trikes never came with which obviously is a safer design.

200xkwit
10-08-2008, 07:36 PM
i think its the combonation of the leaning you have to do and the fact that you only see one wheel in front so you feel ore compeld to go ahead and put *Edited**Edited* foot down like a hard turn on a dirtbike. where as on a 4 wheeler you have that 2nd wheel up front to remind you hey maybe ill keep my foot on the peg so i dont get run over. I always tell anyone that hasent rode a trike before that when ther goin throught the woods make sure you compensat for the rear tires. only after a few buddies caught a tree or stump

The Goat
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
To be honest the only thing I ever ran my over my leg on was a a badger 80...I hit a ditch at 30 and flew off but managed to hold on to the bars. ran over my left calf...but if I would have jumped off the bike was headed straight into a pond....I road it out until it stopped...that felt dandy.

firehart
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
When I first got my 200x, I ran over my leg a couple of times. I had never rode a trike or a quad. I always had bikes before that. It only takes a couple of times before you learn not to put it down.