PDA

View Full Version : 88 bayou 220 problems

leokendall
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
The problem no power at all.

tons of compression
idols great

on the flywheel there are 3 marks 2 with a (o with a line through it) and another with a line. do anyone know which mark is the tdc? i think the tsright line is, i place a popsical stick down and this marck seems to be the right mark.

also, i knows this bike is cdi, are there any adjustments i can check to see if the timming is on. i know on my big red there is a plusar, in which i can rotate 20 degrees or so eith way.

also at 1/4 trottle the bike spits caughs backfires and blows gas back out through the carb, i clean the card, had it professional cleaned, soaked in carb cleaner, in other wrord cleaned it better than new, all the jets are free aqnd no dirt what so ever, gas is running out of the tank with no problems, the floats are set right, the valves are adjusted right.

the plug is a lil on the black side. i tryed to lower the needel clip and still no difference. tryed new plugs and fresh gas to.

any suggustions to check? i think i covered most of the basic checks, also all electrical seemed to be good.

SYKO
10-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I worked on one befor that the cam chain jumped 1 tooth.. it started easily had great compresion,and idled all day long.... but no power I could piss faster then that thing when it was like that. got a new chain and tensioner and got it timed right and it ran great!

leokendall
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
thanks for the reply, when i gets of work i'm going to try different pistion either way on the same, 1 or 2 teeth either way, the chain and tensioner is new.

leokendall
10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
tryed it still no luck

the bike has a jerking effect about 1/4 trottle, how is the timming for the spark set up on these bikes and is it adjustable?

side not i place a plastic bag over the carb inlet and it almost sucked the bag right in, didn't blow it back out.

leokendall
10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
broken flywheel key and messed up wiring, fixed the key ripped all of the wires out and hooked up the ignition system up alone ran better than she ever did before, still a lil tinking with the crab set up ( a few backfires here and there).

thanks for all your help.