PDA

View Full Version : Economy Headed Into The S**T

88 Turbo Coupe
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Hold on to your wallets. The Best Is Yet To Come!

SYKO
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
im glad im not investing right now

atctim
10-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Is it too late to empty my 401K and bury the remains in the back yard?

smokinwrench
10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Yep way to late! Best to ride it out now, at least that is what the finacial people at our employment have said.

I think it is going to get worse before it ever turns around. Whats bad is the tax payers paid $700 billion.

On a positive note oil is going down. I hope it goes back down to $40 a barrel.

DeePa
10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
yeah cause nobody has the money to pay over 100 bucks a barrel for oil

SCEADU
10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey, just hold guys cause Obama is gonna save us!!! Nostrodamus said so!!!!

Before anyone flames me the above was said with the most sarcasim that my fingers could type.

250rAL
10-10-2008, 08:43 PM
If this is a bad economy, I need more of it! My employer just had their best quarter ever and gas prices are dropping like a rock.

Howdy
10-12-2008, 10:43 PM
If this is a bad economy, I need more of it! My employer just had their best quarter ever and gas prices are dropping like a rock.
My employer is hiring people almost daily. We make fork lifts and the demand is the most I have ever seen. I'm sure it will change if obama wins, in fact 9 out of 10 people ask says the same thing.
Howdy

UlsterATCFan
10-13-2008, 12:09 PM
The bankruptcy administrators at Lehman Brothers have just released a statement based on their their investigation into their balance sheet, which read - On the left nothing is right, and on the right, nothing is left!

dizasterzrfun69
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
well i just got laid off on friday. i was doing automotive air conditioning in shuttle busses, freightliner limos, etc... elkhart, isnt doing to good, even the NY times thinks so..... http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/us/politics/12indiana.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=elkhart,%20Indiana&st=cse&oref=slogin

DixiePlowboy
10-14-2008, 01:43 PM
well i just got laid off on friday. i was doing automotive air conditioning in shuttle busses, freightliner limos, etc... elkhart, isnt doing to good, even the NY times thinks so..... http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/us/politics/12indiana.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=elkhart,%20Indiana&st=cse&oref=slogin

I had heard from my ex-wife that there were a lot of layoffs going on in that area(she works at Elkhart General Hospital), even though her job seems to be fairly secure.

There's a good bit of hard times down here as well. Several people I know with decades in their jobs have been laid off 5 of the last 6 weeks.

I have nothing directly in the stock market, so I don't too excited when it rides up or down. I'd like to not be as pessimistic(sp?), but I don't believe we've seen the bottom yet so I'm not as optimistic(again..sp?) as others are.

Heck....even a dead cat will bounce if dropped from high enough(and no I don't drop cats), so let's watch, hope, and see if the market gains steadily over the coming days/weeks before we switch our guard off.