PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Drivers

Twilight
10-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Coming home today, about 3 hours ago, I just literally parked and as im going in the door at my buddies I see a car going at least 100, slam right into his neighbors hedge, fence and rockery. The cops were chasing him, and flew right past.. so I run down and try to turn off the car which is still running and trying to go (the hedge and rockery drop down about 30ft into where his lawn is) anyway, I see that he LOOKS knocked out, I put my hand through the broken glass and when i get my hands on the keys, he ****ing headbutts me, I fall out just in time to see his car fall front first and smash up.

I told my friend to call an ambulance, cops were either still going on the road looking for him or couldn't turn around? Anyway I pulled him out of the car, which now has a small fire inside, hes unconscious and his arm and wrist are twisted all the way around, head has glass pieces in it, and he was bleeding from his stomach pretty badly. The ambulance and a new cop car got to us in about 10 minutes, by then his eyes had opened, but they were just going everywhere and tweaking and right away the paramedics started hurrying and had us help get him into the ambulance ASAP (the only walkway was kinda blocked by the car).

I heard the cops from before that finally showed up saying he was going around 98mph in a 35! The guy in the car is supposed to make a recovery with a broken arm, and at least 4 broken ribs, not sure of anything else, but i did hear one paramedic say neck trauma.

How ****ing stupid can someone be? I was mostly pissed because if this was just 30-40min earlier, he could of hit my friends neighbors and my friends kids, who were playing in the yard.

SYKO
10-08-2008, 12:52 AM
dude and you helped him?

I would have been like "yea officer I was just putting gas in my lawnmower when he crashed into me and it went all over his car!!"

sometimes god needs a helping hand in the natural selection dept.

Erics350x
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
dude and you helped him?

I would have been like "yea officer I was just putting gas in my lawnmower when he crashed into me and it went all over his car!!"

I'll be staying on your good side! Lmao!

brapp
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
i have no tolerance for drunk drivign i have lost too many friends and family to it and have been on both sides fo the wheel in this situation but i straightened my ass out and learned you cant help someone who isnt willign tohelp them selfes and if they have no resect for themselves or others they ar about worthless in mu oppinion.

johnny's X
10-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Brapp are you sure you are not drinking while typing??? Not saying iam a perfect person bcs I have been behind the wheel when I shouldnt have but I dont do that anymore now that I have kids and sure as hell dont drive like an idiot.

firehart
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
If you are drinking you should just stay were you are or get someone to watch over you. Driving or not. I had a drunk pedestrian run into the side of my car about this time of year about ten years ago. It was pitch black outside and I did not see him until his body hit my car. I was on the freeway. It killed him instantly. But it still bothers me when I drive by the spot it happened at. The police never did find out where he came from or why he was there.

max
10-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey, That was very brave of you Twilight. That was a super nice deed you did, you most likely saved a life today!!

The Goat
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I had a friend in highschool who had a rule when he was drinking...if he got behind the wheel...he never went above idle speed. Cops used to follow him home all the time.

I've been known to drink and drive...but never drive drunk. meaning I'll have one beer on the way to a restaurant...but that's all.

I'm usually the one sober and making sure people make it home okay.

then again, at my size, I have the alcohol tolerance of a bear....a big one. I had a pretty hard year where my female roommate and I were consuming way way too much...but, growing up, it's time to stop all that foolishness.

You did a good deed twilight...whether that guy deserved it or not.

LonesomeTriZ
10-09-2008, 12:17 AM
dude and you helped him?

I agree, what in the hell were you thinking? Did you know he was drunk? If not then I can kind of understand. Usually, even when they are knocked out you can still smell it. If you knew the cops were chasing him that is all the more reason the help the little fire become a bigger one. Then get a lawn chair and relax in front of the show. It sounds like you had enough time to pull it off.

LonesomeTriZ
10-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey, That was very brave of you Twilight. That was a super nice deed you did, you most likely saved a life today!!

A life NOT WORTH SAVING...

firehart
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
One time after a new years party at my sister in laws. We were coming home and a saw a guy in an old Hornet wagon run off the road and through the barrow pit and into a ditch. I stopped and went over to him. He was three sheets to the wind. He said to go call someone to pull him out. I went and called the cops. It was before the days of cell phones.

LonesomeTriZ
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I had a drunk driver flip his car on I-4 behind me when I was on my bike at 3am. His car literally flew over me missing me by inches. If I had been going a little faster or a little slower I would have been killed. The only reason I did not finish him off while he was in the car is because some one else got to him first.

max
10-09-2008, 02:36 PM

Your probably rite Lonesome. But no matter who it was, Twilight risked his own life to save this guy. YOU should be showing him a little respect regardless.

The Goat
10-09-2008, 03:57 PM
yeah, even if he saved a douchbag drunk...I gotta commend him.

Us laughing at the guys fiery death prolly means we'd go to hell, but damnit I can't deny it'd be worth the laugh.

83ATC185S
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM

What if that person was in your family, would you want someone pouring gas onto their car and killing them just because they made a HUGE mistake and drove drunk?

Twilight you did the right thing :D

LonesomeTriZ
10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
What if that person was in your family, would you want someone pouring gas onto their car and killing them just because they made a HUGE mistake and drove drunk?

Twilight you did the right thing :D

Um, yes. I have no tolerance for people who needlessly risk the life of others. I have a member in my family that has driven drunk. And I told her my self; if I ever catch her on the road I will run her off of it my self. And I have no concern of how the ride will end for her. Yeah, my mom did not like hearing that from me. As far as I am concerned if you drive drunk that is at the very least attempted man slaughter.

Twilight
10-09-2008, 11:58 PM
I believe a life is a life, and if I can save one, thats better than letting one slip away. I couldnt be right with myself.

LonesomeTriZ
10-10-2008, 03:18 AM
If you make the decision the drink and drive then you alone are responsible for the out come. I do not give a god damn who you are or if you are any relation to me. If I catch you doing such a thing I will sit back and watch you burn. The only help you will get from me is more gasoline.

A life is not a life. A life lived in recklessness is not a live worth risking yours over.

LonesomeTriZ
10-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Thank you for contributing to society’s problems by saving this *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*.

Twilight
10-10-2008, 03:20 AM
I do live my life recklessly, everyday. I drive offroad for fun and in races, i do stupid things on dirtbikes and street bikes and almost everyday I try something new that is either smart or completely stupid. To me, a life is a life, and if I have the chance to help another I will.

LonesomeTriZ
10-10-2008, 03:26 AM
That is not the same thing. Enjoying hobbies you have that DO NOT threaten the lives of others is worthy of respect. You are living life and enjoying the trip along the way. As long as you walk that line I would gladly step up if you were in danger. But going out on the road with a murder weapon because you are too selfish or stupid to care about others, no sir I’ll piss in you wounds while you bleed to death.