PDA

View Full Version : Some help for a first timer?

honda_atc200es
10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Well now that the money order is finally on its way to Georgia, i have a few questions about how i should go about putting this new engine together. i have never done this before, and while i know how in theory i really would rather not take the chance of messing up. where do i find torque specs, and what do i need to check and double check, whats the proper break in procedure and the like? i would appreciate any advice on this:naughty:

SYKO
10-11-2008, 03:52 PM
well I think the 200sx and the 86-87 200x share the same top end... so if you download a shop man for the 200x you should find the tourqe specs there for it.. now the rest of the motor im not sure as the 200sx is a auto clutch with reverse and of course the 200x is a manual clutch with out reverse.

also a good since you have another motor slowly take one apart to know where all the parts go back together on the other.

honda_atc200es
10-11-2008, 06:36 PM
the motor your sending, is it in like complete peices? and also is it an entire engine, or will i need to mix n match parts? do u happen to have the electrical harness by anychance as well?

SYKO
10-11-2008, 06:59 PM
hmmm I think I have the harness.. the bottom end is complete but the top end is in parts the only think off the bottom end is the pull start and oil fill plug (pull start is with it, oil plug is awol)

honda_atc200es
10-11-2008, 07:12 PM
ohh perfect man, ouchh my hands are soo blistered and im trying to get one last engine mount free

honda_atc200es
10-12-2008, 09:07 PM
woohoo, quad is completely stripped down, had a bud help me out, now, the trick is putting it back together :-x theres so much electrical, but the hardest part will be matching up the bolts, because i didnt label anything, just threw em in a bucket.

one thing that suprised me though is that, while it seemed hard to put back together while i was taking it apart, perhaps it wont be so hard, i mean now i dont have anything i have to maneuver around, i can put the wires in anyway i please (whoever wired it up last time was an idiot)