10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
the newest addition to the collection

edog
10-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Nice....but I like this one better.:naughty:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/scan0002.jpg

brapp
10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
yes the shompson is fun but have you seen the ruge rchargers with a 100 rd beta mags and the full auto conversions????? one word WOW!!!!!!

dickieg89
10-12-2008, 10:57 AM
cool. I just picked up some home security. the picture isn't the best but i hope you can see it. it's a maverick 12 ga with the drum clip. had to help out a widow before obama takes them from her.

Russell 350X
10-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Very nice Josh. Are gonna get the full auto kit? lol

Dirtcrasher
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
How much do bullets cost you guys now-a-days??

Whats it cost you to go out and shoot for a couple of hours.

I love the gun right next to the Right Guard deoderant :lol: I guess they go hand in hand!!

edog
10-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I reload mine. Way cheaper.

A box of 44 Special in 50 count will set you back $30.

chris200x
10-12-2008, 02:15 PM
shouldnt you be buying diapers instead of guns?

chris200x
10-12-2008, 02:23 PM
not you postwhore. josh.

...now go away....

Dirtcrasher
10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I reload mine. Way cheaper.

A box of 44 Special in 50 count will set you back $30.

Be careful, it would be such a shame if you blew yourself up :naughty:

J/K :D Whats it take? an hour to do 50 of them?

Sounds like a couple bucks a bullet any way you slice it. I'm curious because I have a gun club nearby (hence the reason my track doesn't get any complaints) and it seems to have slowed down dramatically in the last year or so. I thought maybe it was the cost of bullets that caused the slow down.....

edog
10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Be careful, it would be such a shame if you blew yourself up :naughty:

J/K :D Whats it take? an hour to do 50 of them?

Sounds like a couple bucks a bullet any way you slice it. I'm curious because I have a gun club nearby (hence the reason my track doesn't get any complaints) and it seems to have slowed down dramatically in the last year or so. I thought maybe it was the cost of bullets that caused the slow down.....

It's "rounds" not bullets.

In a single stage press, weighing each charge..... It takes about an hour 20 min to reload 50.

Yes heads, primers, powder, cases, have gone up. Mostly the heads and powder.

wheelie king
10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Try buying any personal defense .357 Sig or .40 S&W rounds- HOLY PRICEYNESS! I cannot believe it. Thankfully my employer buys most of my equipment, but I still am shocked at the prices. Remember when you could get a box of .223 for 4 bucks? That was only 5 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

My newest concealed carry is the Kel-Tec PF-9. Pretty slick little pistol.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pf9.htm

TravEX
10-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Brapp, how much did the charger set you back? The gun shop down the road has one for $395, dunno if that's a good price or not.

brapp
10-16-2008, 02:16 AM
i got mine for 312 out the door btu i also get everythgin for close to cost due to the fact i soent abotu 1500 amonth in the local gun shop

aldochina
10-18-2008, 01:38 AM
I just applied for my pistol permit about 3.5 months ago, havnt heard anything yet.I actually am taking the pistol safty course today. I don't know alot about pistols but I was thinking about a kimber 1911 in 45cal. what do you guys think, it sounds like you know a thing or two about guns. I gotta get one before the DEMIES get power(god help us) then atleast theywill have to pry it from my hands.

edog
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Kimber is good.

I like there 22 lr bb ss bolt action.

DixiePlowboy
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I just applied for my pistol permit about 3.5 months ago, havnt heard anything yet.I actually am taking the pistol safty course today. I don't know alot about pistols but I was thinking about a kimber 1911 in 45cal. what do you guys think, .

I feel for you having to wait for a permit that long. Around here, you plop down $12, wait 5-10 minutes for a background check, and walk out the courthouse with a permit. Renewals are done through the mail once a year.

As for the Kimber, they are excellent guns if you're in the market for a 1911 style pistol.

I'm thinking of buying a 1911 to add to my collection, but odd as it may sound, after handling several Taurus PT1911's and reading owner/test reviews, I think I'm going to go that route. They come with a long list of custom and upgrade items/options all hand-fitted and tuned from the factory for a good bit less money than any other reputable brand. I can get one here locally for $549 new, have as good of a gun as a Kimber, and have lot's of money left for ammo on top.

DixiePlowboy
10-18-2008, 11:56 AM
How much do bullets cost you guys now-a-days??

Whats it cost you to go out and shoot for a couple of hours.

My primary calibers to stock up on are military rifle calibers bought in bulk.

Surplus 7.62x51(.308) has become harder to come by, and thusly much more expensive in the last couple years. My battle rifles in this caliber don't get shot much because of this. (FN-FAL, HK-91, CETME)

Russian(Wolf) 7.62x39 can still be bought for $200 per 1000-rounds(shipping included). (AK-47 & SKS)

A 1,080-round sealed tin of non-corrosive 5.45x39 is an excellent deal right now and can still be found for less than $150 shipped. (AK-74)

I don't own anything in 5.56(.223), but the last 1000-rd. case I saw(Wolf) had over $300 on it.

I'll sight my weapons in, run them through a torture/function/reliability test, and bring out the .22LR pistols and rifles for plinking and marksmanship retention. At $13 per 550-round brick, a day with the kids and the .22's is better(and cheaper) than the gas it takes to even get to the movies.

aldochina
10-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Just got back from the safety course(4 hours ughh) It wasn;t all that bad though, informative enough, and the guy teaching it had a good sense of humor Hopefully I will get the permit soon. I know some guys that waited 6-8 months. Depending on what county you live in some judges deny 75% of applicants, for no good reason. Iv'e herd the judge in my county is pretty good, I think he actually is a member where I took the course. The one time I stopped in the gun shop to brouse the clerk was praising the Taurus, and the Kimber.

4Q2
10-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Nice addition brapp, Get much use for that in your area ?
Around here you cant shoot nothing rifled larger than a .22 ,, i got mostly shot guns and handguns, I do have a yugo sks though, 30 rounders ready to go :twisted:

Im working on settin up my remington 1100 auto with a pistol grip and tube extention for home security, Id rather hunt with my over under anyway.

DC,, anytime you want to go shoot hit me up, I have an electric key card and complete access to my range anytime !!!! , 2 indoor ranges, state of the art bullet recovery ( handguns only ) if you want to shoot some rifles and shotties we have to go during daylight to the outdoor range, we have 2 - 50 yard lanes.....2- 100 yard lanes and 1 - 300 yard lane

same offer to any other local riders / shooters :D

Russell 350X
10-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I got 7 months before I can even get my permit, not 21 yet :(. Hopefully I'm going down to a local shop to put a down payment on a Stag Arms M2. Now I gotta start stockin up on ammo. http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_22&products_id=206 .

tri-Z ripper
10-18-2008, 04:02 PM
well lets see my comment about the kimber 1911 great pistol for the money especially for a .45 shoots well easy to clean comes in a sweet military green if you like that is my preference! between my brother in law and myself we have quite a collection, but if i had to choose a favorite rifle/ hand gun i would go with the AR-15 with a suppresor which we have as well as the Ruger P-90 .45 for a handgun. we also have the .22 conversion for the AR as to save a little money compared to the .223 rounds. As for the permit you have to apply to the town you live in first here then once you get that after about a week you can apply for your state and wait a good 3 to 5 months! not bad though. good thread by the way whoever started it! also for shotgun forgot this one im looking into a rouge pistol grip semi auto 12ga for skeet shooting its only $550 new and is a subsidy of benelli love it great shotgun not alot of recoil at all for a 12ga.

wheelie king
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
The taurus PT1911 is an EXCELLENT pistol. I have a Kimber custom pistol as well, but for the $, you cannot beat the Taurus. It shoots GREAT and can be had for about 600 bucks out the door. I love the taurus, I only wish I got one with the rail.:beer

The Goat
10-19-2008, 11:42 AM
what's everyones opinion of the walther pp9 series? And how's the reliability of that kel-tech)

wheelie king
10-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Put 200 rounds thru the kel tec and that will break it in just fine. I only had one malfunction in the 200 rounds, and it was likdly my fault ( I limp handed it while single hand shooting). Just note that kel tec says NO ALUMINUM cased ammo (like cci blazer). Kel tec pistols are not good "gun range" or finely tuned target pistols, but they are GREAT concealed carry guns.

Walthers are excellent firearms and have been around forever, but VERY expensive. The new stuff is pretty good, though- of so I have heard. I personally don't have a Walter that is less than 20 years old.

Regarding the Walther PP9, I would personally rather get a Springfield XD or a Glock. I am a Glock guy when it comes down to it.......

DixiePlowboy
10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I would personally rather get a Springfield XD or a Glock. I am a Glock guy when it comes down to it.......

Glock model 20 10mm is my personal favorite.

The Goat
10-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I can justify up to 500 right now, any more than that and it's a no. The desert edition walther I've been after since age 18 has gone up 450 in the last two years...

It's getting ridiculous. I'm just looking for something to keep in the center between the seats, la just passed a new more lax gun law for inside of the vehicles.

4Q2
10-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I got a snw SW99 45cal, nice gun but gets heavy, has to be worn under a coat.

For a light pocket gun i got a snw feather weight 38 special, has a hammer but no spur, theres always 1 piped and ready,Plus with a revolver you dont have to look for spent casings

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u262/burnsz/100_1854.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u262/burnsz/100_1853.jpg

aldochina
10-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Like to see your always practicing safety 4Q2, theres no way you can get a concealed carry permit around here until you've had your on regular permit for 5 years I think. It's crazy how much the laws very from state to state. I think they should adopt a national set of laws, it would make it so much easier, especially to travel. Just dont mold it after my state.

NINJA
10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I can justify up to 500 right now, any more than that and it's a no. The desert edition walther I've been after since age 18 has gone up 450 in the last two years...

It's getting ridiculous. I'm just looking for something to keep in the center between the seats, la just passed a new more lax gun law for inside of the vehicles.

Goat, I've got a Walther P99 in .40 S&W. It's the quick action model and has the green frame. It is by far the best pistol I have ever owned and fits like a glove. I have a Blackhawk thigh holster for it in desert tan. I also have a P22 with extended mags and a threaded barrel:naughty: That thing has had about 5k rounds run through it so far and is still reliable as when I first bought it. I'll be adding the new PPS to my collection soon for concealed carry purposes. You can't go wrong with German engineering.

The Goat
10-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I went with the smith and wesson sigma .40 mainly because when I handled the keltech, I could only get two fingers on the grip... And because the walther has gone up yet again, I may buy a new one in another few months. It's sad for you guys who have to take classes and such. We walk in, answer 14 yes or no questions, they take your id and run your info while you shop. You're out the door within 20 minutes.

You guys weren't kidding on that ammo price, I went with cheap federal sd rounds and it was still 22 a box.

NINJA
10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
You like that price, go buy a box of 165 gr Hydrashoks. Ouch!

wheelie king
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
For the Sigma, you could have got a Glock for the same $$$$. But the Sigma is a decent gun. Only cause it is a Glock copy.:D

The Goat
10-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I was looking at the glock...the price was damned near double. The sigma was 355 plus tax.

as for the price of rounds, the local gunstore has a box of 9mm rounds, 20 of em...I think they run 92 dollars a box. The guy referred to em as Anti-terrorism rounds, they come in a yellow box with a black set of Bond'ish crosshares on it. Apparently they have a slightly delayed expansion and mushroom a downright stupid amount.

I was practicing my double taps with the target rounds. I'm quite rusty. At 35 feet I can barely make a 3 inch group...and I better be thinking hard when I fire that second shot.

brapp
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
i finaly got to use my tarus 9mm in a combat situation about 8 30 last night
a coyote ran acrost the road and i grabed it and threw it acrost the windshield and startet rattelign off rounds damn fun shootign until i realised the truck was mooving.lol

wheelie king
10-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Brapp- you're crazy, bro.

Goat- Glocks are 400 plus tax down here all day long. The Sigma is hard to DT because of the trigger pull. I had trouble doing it myself. My glocks all have 3.5 or 5 lb and/or shortened trigger pulls in them and I can DT my glocks like the MAN.:w00t:

Still a good purchase and as they say- practice makes perfect.

TravEX
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Can't beat a Glock, ever.

Wheelie king, $400 new?! Post a link or ad, that's crazy cheap. The cheapest I have seen new is $499, most a $529-549 and 629 with Trijicon NS.

TravEX
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
No offense wheelie, I may have came off as harse.

I would like to have a 27 for a conceal gun, and $400 sounds great! I've got a 23C for a carry gun now.

wheelie king
10-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Trav- I may have to eat my words, because pricing on all that just went up over the summer. Guns, ammo, everthing went up in price. Goat was right, and Glocks will run you at least 450 brand new. Been awhile since I shopped for one.

I take for granted that I can buy them for 400 bucks because of my employer, because I get them at the government rate. My G27 never leaves me..:D

Lou's police supply in Hialeah (www.louspolice.com) and B & H Gun Rack in Merritt Island (www.bhgunrack.com) are huge glock dealers down here and will have the best deals. HOwever, shipping out of state and your local FFL handling fees make it almost not worth it by the time you add the shipping and other charges.

Shopping for guns on the internet, it's hard to beat Bud's Guns (www.budsgunshop.com) and Impact Guns (www.impactguns.com). Check them out- They have some huge deals, too. Impact is more expensive and are high on their glock prices, but some other good deals can be had. Buds changes their prices and you have to email or call.

Dirtcrasher
10-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks 4Q2...

Bullets must have gone up quite a bit because the use of the gun range by my house has dropped about 50 to 75%. Especially in the last couple of years. It use to sound like IRAQ over there but not anymore, I can only attribute it to the cost of bullets....

I never cared for the war behind my home, some days were horrible, couldn't eat on the deck etc etc. But, I don't want the land turned int a Culdersac (sp) either!! Hopefully there is so much lead in the ground that it will never get sold anyhow :lol:

This brings up a thought, maybe I can expand the track out that way!! Get me some dirt guys, I've got the HOE!!

Sorry for the intrusion on your thread guys, please don't shoot me :D

4Q2
10-24-2008, 09:29 PM
"I was practicing my double taps with the target rounds. I'm quite rusty. At 35 feet I can barely make a 3 inch group...and I better be thinking hard when I fire that second shot. "

Thats still 2 quick ones to the torso, and with the .40 I think that would putem down.
Id be lucky to get two shots in a row within 3 inches, if i take my time i do pretty good, nothing fancy, i figure if i hit the paper,, i slowed them down enough to go kickem in the balls :lol:

Must be nice brapp to live where you can still swing a gun and not have to worry about shooting a walmart

Greiver430x
10-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Glocks are great guns but Im a springfield XD guy. My XD 45acp is my favorite gun even over my ar-15. Good buy though your sure to enjoy it.

The Goat
10-25-2008, 08:31 AM
If I had the funds, I'd love to get to the point where I can put two within the size of a silver dollar...but I don't have the money to shoot that much.

they have a guy who works at a local bar who is a downright MACHINE when shooting...his only downfall is his arms are a little to small to absorb the recoil that well when firing quickly.

brapp
10-25-2008, 07:23 PM
i can double tap with my tarus fairly well but the best overall double tap gun has to be the mp5. and i am thankign god i am luclily enough to live out her int he country and ba bale to have a 500+ yard range 100 yards from my front door a and a 30 yard postol ranche 30 yards out my back door and if its rainign i open the skidign door open and shoot right from inside the house.

brapp
10-25-2008, 07:31 PM
and as far as conceled cary cant beat the lil ruger lcp not a bad little unit