PDA

View Full Version : Ebay slow

seadoo650
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with Ebay running slow since they changed to the new Ebay? It takes like a full minute for a search page to load. Is there any secrets to make it speed up? I tried going back to the old format but everytime I search it goes back to new. It's really starting to tick me off. Every other site I goto runs fine. I don't believe it is my computer.

300rman
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
no probs for me.

mike from long island
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I still go back to the old style.I had a problem last night with them.Everytime I scrolled down to the a picture.It was forever to get to the bottom.I thought there was a seller mistake.But every other auction was doing it.Sometimes the ebay system gets overloaded I think.Not sure why it would take soo long for a search???

jasonb01
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Mine was doing the same thing with there being a huge gap to the bottom with the pictures. Thought it was just me.

sandpuppi101
10-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Mine goes in spurt's also,Seadoo..Sometime's it'll just blast thru the page's and then it fall on it's face other time's.I really don't care for the new system yet ,but I'll adapt,I'm guessing..

Dirtcrasher
10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
It's messed up.... Runs slow for me too.

And, Mozilla Firefox (new version) no matter what I do will not cookie my preferences!! It always shows me "best match" when I want "ending first".

I give up.....

fabiodriven
10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I dunno why people always gotta skrew with things. If it ain't broke-

They just had to skrew around with the format, there was nothing wrong with the old set-up! I sent them nasty messages until they sent me one back telling me how to get the old format back. Even still when I type something in to search, for example "Kawasaki Tecate", I have to type in the whole thing because it comes up with 47 other stupid things I don't want to search for. I gotta sift through "Kawasaki Mule" and "Kawaski Ninja"- It's retarded!

Mine was slow, too. Since I've been using the old format it's been fine. You should all send them some hate-mail. That's what I did!

rdlsz24
10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I found an annoying "addition". Say you search for something and 50 results are returned. I scroll down and click on number 37 for instance. When I'm done veiwing the ad, I click back and it pops me back up to the top of the results page! I'm almost positive it used to keep my spot in the search results.

Edit: I just switched back to the old eBay motors and now it keeps my place again!

Rob

hublake
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
I found an annoying "addition". Say you search for something and 50 results are returned. I scroll down and click on number 37 for instance. When I'm done veiwing the ad, I click back and it pops me back up to the top of the results page! I'm almost positive it used to keep my spot in the search results.

Edit: I just switched back to the old eBay motors and now it keeps my place again!

Rob

I found that a pain in the, couldn't figure out what was going on. I read some place on one ebay page that said I was trying the new ebay motors and if I wanted to opt out, click here. I did and now it is back to the old way. Much better. It is like the saying goes "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"

Lloyd

seadoo650
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Ya, I went back to the old version and it works fine. Ebay just keeps getting better and better. NOT!

88 Turbo Coupe
10-29-2008, 06:17 AM
The old version has its problems too.