PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Howdy's!!

Dirtcrasher
10-31-2002, 06:17 PM
Howdy, do you have any idea what I can check as to why my 85 250SX carb will not produce fuel as described in my past posts? Do you have a good diagrahm of that carb disassembled? Thanks for anything you can do!

Howdy
10-31-2002, 10:17 PM
Thanks John!!
Yes, am very busy. Depending on the weather it's gets worse also. Dirtcrasher. If you can't figure the carb out re-post in here. I will try to get more info as needed. I have a couple carbs also. Not cheap but not over priced either.

Dirtcrasher
11-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys and John thank you for the diagram you sent me - the help here is great!! I did get a peek at a friends Clymer also and was hoping maybe an OEM diagram would help me. There is a small brass sleeve under the starter jet which is not shown. The starter jet is pressed into the body. This carb was stock so I took out the old (will not start in the cold starter jet) and put in my good jet. But I couldn't get that sleeve out by gently tapping the carb so I cleaned it out best I could. It ran the day I snapped the dam air screw off so I know the problem lies in this carb - I'll post again later on that. I hate not understanding what each passage does and why? Why vents in some, why are some connected? It's almost like I need a vacuum/oriface blueprint if I totally want to understand how a carb works beyond which jet works at which throttle position. I hate not entirely understanding something :evil: :evil: Like everything else I'll gain something outta this :-D