PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier engine question

Vealmonkey
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know of a Bombardier 250 engine that had the intake and carb mounted on the left side of the side cover? I have part of such a set up and I was wondering if this was a sled set up of some kind. I have the side cover and the rotary valve set up and I was looking for more info, such as what the inside left side cover looked like. The wild thing is, someone has machined the outer cover to take a water pump and that it would work with a Tiger 250 rotax engine. Also I have a 250 cylinder that has a power valve set up. Would that be from the same sled? I received these pieces in a box of extra parts that came with my trike and was curious. Any help would be appreciated.

Yamatrike400
10-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Its a 1 lunger? Bombardier had rotax engines (ski doo)..sure its not just a tiger engine? Post some pics.

Vealmonkey
10-20-2008, 08:00 PM
There is a pic posted on my Tiger thread of the cover. The Tiger engines are set up to have the water pump in an enclosed portion of the engine case not out in the open the way it is and there are no known tigers with an intake through the side case. And the Tiger engines are all labled rotax, not bombardier like this engine is. That's why I figured I would ask on this part of the site.