PDA

View Full Version : On Craigslist: Kawasaki 250cc - $600 (n/w indiana)

R-N-D
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Here is the link:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/rvs/890264003.html

Found this on CL this morning. What do you think? Is it worth it or does anyone know who this is? I'm kind of skeptical but wouldn't mind any suggestions from this group. Let me know if I should pick this up or should I not even bother to waste my time. Don't know much about them either. Good deal or Beware? Thanks.

this is a 1986 kawasaki tucate 250 2-stroke it is in good shape with a new top end needs a seat cover call 219-933-9424/219-506-3125 open to reasonable trades?p.s to the guy who is flagging me for no reason my number is on there if you have a problem call me my name is doug there is no reason to flag this ad price is right for this machine so why flag me becuase you think"i cant find who you are.

Itrike
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I would say its worth it!! If you don't get it I will!!

Tri-Z 250
10-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Go get it $600 is a deal even if the motor is in need of freshing up. IMO

Gag_Halfront
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm on it. It's as good as mine. Talking to the guy on the phone right now.

devilman
10-23-2008, 01:44 PM
the pics are 2+ years old. i wonder what it looks like now? call him man!!

Gag_Halfront
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the phone call, Itrike. Looks like I may have me a new pinger!

I'll call you once I've got the details worked out.

R-N-D
10-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, let me know if you don't and maybe I will. I was hoping to have a shot at this but tough luck I guess. If you get it, glad I can help. Itrike, like you really need another?! Why not!

devilman
10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
and that is why, if i don't know something or i think the price is way to low, i will do a search first. i think you missed out dude.

R-N-D
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I guess. I'll know better next time. Was just looking for some help. No biggie! There'll be more out there.

Gag_Halfront
10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Missed out? Not sure what you mean. I just talked to the guy on the phone. he's in the process of putting a new seat cover on it (or was, an hour ago) and is considering a partial trade for my Big Red.

Or were you saying that R-N-D missed out? :confused:

R-N-D
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I think he meant I was missing out. Go get it. Hope's it's good. Let me know.

rdlsz24
10-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Missed out? Not sure what you mean. I just talked to the guy on the phone. he's in the process of putting a new seat cover on it (or was, an hour ago) and is considering a partial trade for my Big Red.

Or were you saying that R-N-D missed out? :confused:

He was saying that R-N-D missed out since you kinda stole it out from under him.

Rob

DILLIGAF
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
He was saying that R-N-D missed out since you kinda stole it out from under him.

Rob

That's kinda what I was thinking.

cybrman
10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Thats a hard lesson to learn R-N-D.

devilman
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
the pics are 2+ years old. i wonder what it looks like now? call him man!!

yes i was telling R-N-D to call, and yes he is the one that i am saying missed out.

fabiodriven
10-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I always jump at stuff like this. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not. This definately would've been a good one. That motor alone could fetch 3-4 hundy on ebay.

tecat-z
10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
This bike is only 12 miles from my house. I went and looked at it after work and it's a roach!!! All of the plastic is spraybomb, tank inserts are trashed, and it's white under paint. L/H center case is broken from thrown chain, and where clutch cable fit through. Frame tabs are cut for recovery tank, none of the hardware is even close to OEM. Everything is spraypaint. This guy lives in a rathole in Hammond. I had money in hand and personally wouldn't pay $200. The only "good" parts were the forks and front wheel assy. Hell, it didn't even have rear brakes, and he even said he flipped it earlier that day. It has no desireable old school parts, and had a constant drip from somewhere under the engine. Didn't even bother to look. Junk is junk, no matter what it is. If someone here buys it, don't say i didn't warn you.

Gag_Halfront
10-23-2008, 11:15 PM

Rob

Rob
That's kinda what I was thinking.

Bite my shiny metal *EDIT*. I didn't steal a *EDITED* thing. All I did was call the number that was listed in the ad and ask the guy some questions about it. Don't be *EDIT* at Itrike, either. The thing was on Craigslist. It wasn't exactly like it was some private deal. He saw an ad, called me, I followed up. Fair game. Anyhoo, the bike is still there. If anybody's got their panties in a friggin' bind, they can go get it. I guarantee it'll be there tomorrow.

If the guy let Ed come see the bike after making a deal with me, pretty much anybody could have still called and had a shot at it, so take all the "stole it" crap and blow it out your expansion chamber. If you want something and don't follow up, it ain't anybody's fault but your own.

PS.
Thanks, Ed. I was in the process of loading up my '83 big red to trade when you posted that. The guy had been talking smack about you on the phone to me about an hour earlier. He was going off about "some guy" who came and tried to "nit pick" the bike to get the price down. When I told him I knew "that guy" and trusted "that guy's" word on Tecates more than his he got pretty *EDITED* off and hung up on me.

tecat-z
10-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Funny, I never even mentioned anything about price? Said it was simply to far gone for my needs, and gave him clear examples of what was missing, destroyed, etc. Told him good luck with his sale, and got into my truck. Was there maybe 15min.

R-N-D
10-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey guys, first, thanks for sticking up for me but truly not necessary. It is much appreciated. It's not like I don't appreciate the help and I see where you are coming from. At the same time, yes, it's fair game I guess. Not what I was looking for but it happens. Chance you take when things like that are for sale. All in all, I'm not pissed at anyone and actually I was saved a trip in the end. It's all good. No love lost nor feelings hurt. I am impressed though by the number of you who stuck your neck out to express your feelings. That's awesome. As for Gag- sorry it didn't work out for either of us. Itrike, emailed you too, it's all good. Good deal on the 70 too. Once again, missed that one too.
I'll know next time to post the pics and vital info, just not the entire ad. Ha!Ha! Peace and Hair Grease...

The Goat
10-24-2008, 01:39 AM
you'll learn to not post things until you have em. I'm sitting on the wearabouts of a few nos engines until I make the payment and get a tracking number. If I gave out the info for the engines and someone bought em, it's my fault.

To ask am opinion of a bike, post pics not ads. A member on here outbid me in an eBay auction for a triz my first week here. Not only did he do it out of spite, he was a deadbeat bidder. But by the time I got the second chance offer, he had driven the price too high and it was a week late.

Hence the reason I do deals with only a few trusted people...and never link to items I want. Hell to be honest I pm info to other members when parts they want pop up.

The Goat
10-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Ps: lay off gag... He did what anyone with a little coin in his pocket should do, jump at deals.

DILLIGAF
10-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Bite my shiny metal *EDIT*. I didn't steal a *EDITED* thing. All I did was call the number that was listed in the ad and ask the guy some questions about it. Don't be pissed at Itrike, either. The thing was on Craigslist. It wasn't exactly like it was some private deal. He saw an ad, called me, I followed up. Fair game. Anyhoo, the bike is still there. If anybody's got their panties in a friggin' bind, they can go get it. I guarantee it'll be there tomorrow.

If the guy let Ed come see the bike after making a deal with me, pretty much anybody could have still called and had a shot at it, so take all the "stole it" crap and blow it out your expansion chamber. If you want something and don't follow up, it ain't anybody's fault but your own.

PS.
Thanks, Ed. I was in the process of loading up my '83 big red to trade when you posted that. The guy had been talking smack about you on the phone to me about an hour earlier. He was going off about "some guy" who came and tried to "nit pick" the bike to get the price down. When I told him I knew "that guy" and trusted "that guy's" word on Tecates more than his he got pretty *EDITED* off and hung up on me.
You need to look up what DILLIGAF means. All I'm sayin' is I wouldn't do that to anyone. The guy put the ad on here to get some advice on it, and you went underneath him. To each his own, I guess.

R-N-D
10-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Good advice on posting the pic not the ad. Will do next time. Thanks.

R-N-D
10-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Dilligaf, thanks.

DILLIGAF
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Not a problem. Good Luck with your search.

Gag_Halfront
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah. I know what DILLIGAF means. I've been around the block a few times. I'm really impressed and all that.

It wouldn't have mattered if he'd posted it on here or not. There are some of us who troll craigslist every day for trike deals. There are plenty of others who troll craigslist every day for trike deals and aren't on the board. If it were a real deal and had gone to some nameless mope out in the world who destroyed it because they don't know how to ride a two stroke, would it change anything?

R-N-D: It's cool, man. We're all out here having fun playing the same game. Look at it this way... I don't know about you, but I'm personally not that familiar with Tecates. Some of the stuff he found, I probably wouldn't have noticed until much later. If you hadn't posted the ad, Ed might not have seen it on CL until after you'd gone and spent good money on it. Personally, I was pretty happy about how it all went down. And if Ed had gotten it while I was on my train home, I'd share your attitude. Good for him, maybe I'll get the next one.

-- Gag

R-N-D
10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't know much about them either. Just looked like it could have been a good deal. Obviously not. No biggie! Good for us all I guess. It's all good and time to move on to the next one. Keep your eyes open! Later...