PDA

View Full Version : We can't say Su**s? WTF?

ATC crazy
06-25-2003, 09:15 PM
I don't get it. We can't say s-u-c-k-s without it changing to Bites. But we can still say F***, S***, D***, A** and B****

Im not complaning, its good that we clean up the site a little...but why s-u-c-k-s instead of another word?

PowerTrike
06-25-2003, 09:16 PM
that sucks

Howdy
06-25-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't get it. We can't say s-u-c-k-s without it changing to Bites. But we can still say F***, S***, D***, A** and B****

Im not complaning, its good that we clean up the site a little...but why s-u-c-k-s instead of another word?

It's the constant use of words like above that have made need to filter some words out. This isn't just because of one person either. I can't count the number of postings we have had to either edit or remove because of this. With the filtering we shouldn't need to edit or remove as many. At this point in time there really isn't that many words that have been filtered out.

Also I have tried to do the filtering with a subsitute that still gets the point across. Like using Bites instead of @#!& for the "s" word. Currently there is only 9 words on the list.

I am sorry it had to come to this but these forums are viewable to the public and they need to stay ( some what ) clean. I hope you understand.
Howdy

ATC crazy
06-25-2003, 11:19 PM
No problem...I was just curious to why we could say F this and F that but not "this s***s" Thats all. Its good we keep it clean somewhat.

NOS_350X
06-25-2003, 11:45 PM
i cuss alot but the way i say it its approate so i dont get in trouble he he :-D

Mobular
06-26-2003, 12:16 AM
How about, that "licks" ! LOL!

Ace Mon
06-26-2003, 12:21 PM
Bummer, that really sux

J.D.
06-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Bummer, that really sux

LMAO, so you just skate right by it!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PowerTrike
06-26-2003, 10:26 PM
I am sorry it had to come to this but these forums are viewable to the public and they need to stay ( some what ) clean. I hope you understand.
Howdy

I definatly understand. Even though I regularly use many of certain "words" in my regular conversations (mostly out of bad habbit ;) ) I think it is a good idea to keep public forums clean.

ATCRYDER
06-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Can I nominate this for the S-U-C-K-I-E-S-T topic of the year? :?:

Joel85350X
06-26-2003, 11:13 PM
That is so jookie!