PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder why we give up?

phreakboy
10-26-2008, 09:25 AM
i am sitting here bored out of my skull and just wondering why I have pretty much just givin up on all of my projects and toys. You can look at my sig and see a bunch of my toys and this really isnt even half of what I have, however for the last couple years I have had less and less wanting to even touch any of them. I havent even got to ride a trike in probably a year and a half. I havent wanted to touch any of my cars, I was up to 18, but I sold off a bunch and am down to about 11 Some of which I really dont want to part with but I just have no drive or motivation to bother with any of them. I know that over the last couple of years I have had a lot of bullshit job issues and what not, but I did finally get a good job again and am making decent money, but I just dont feel like I care. I am now splitting up with my girl of 7 great years and have kinda wondered if this is what is gonna get my ass in gear again, or am I still gonna say just *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* it and not care. Because all of the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* I was into she was too, cars, trikes, trucks, everything so I really am not sure what effect this is gonna have on my life because I dont think that she was really a detterent or anything. I have thought about just saying the hell with it all and just rollihg out and getting away for quite awhile, but at the same time I cant really do that because currently my parents are staying with me since some piece of *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* burnt their house up over the summer so until they get their place back it kinda suspends some of my thoughts. Which also puts me into a new screwed up position since my lease is up on the 7th of november which means I have to decide what the hell I am doing since I either have to renew for a year or get out. But because my parents are here I guess I kinda have to renew for a year and I really dont want to live around here anymore. *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* is just screwed up and I feel like I am stuck in neutral and just cant get the clutch workin.

SYKO
10-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I know exactly how your feeling homie.... thats my life in a nut shell... ive had since 15 years old at least 50+ vehicles in fact ive managed to swap insurance on just 5 this year!

But I do have a passion for one type and finaly narrowed everything down to that
LIncolns 91 towncar 98 towncar 62 continental and 97 lincoln truck

Ive had insane amount of atv/atc's now im narrowing it down to just mine my fiance's and my daughters DONE

now the girl isssue.....been through that as well... except I changed my life to better except her... she liked the things I did...problem was thats all I did... and never did anything that she liked...in 4 years not once... tends to scare them off. I changed pur and simple now im engaged and happy as hell, even if I dont have any money.

As for staying where your at, I stayed here in south GA to look after my dad when he became sick.... after 7 years he passed, he was the last of my family that I had... I am now paying the price for staying here, little work low pay, I could have moved years ago and made much more money the here. But I would have left my ailing dad be all alone and I couldnt do that.. for all my mistakes and failures he still suported me.... If your parents are healthy take a shot at moving off, you may bennifiet from it. I know I dont really regret ever leaving, but sometimes I wounder what I could have been if I did.

dickieg89
10-26-2008, 10:32 AM
As for staying where your at, I stayed here in south GA to look after my dad when he became sick.... after 7 years he passed, he was the last of my family that I had... I am now paying the price for staying here, little work low pay, I could have moved years ago and made much more money the here. But I would have left my ailing dad be all alone and I couldnt do that.. for all my mistakes and failures he still suported me.... If your parents are healthy take a shot at moving off, you may bennifiet from it. I know I dont really regret ever leaving, but sometimes I wounder what I could have been if I did.

Nothing wrong with putting family first. I'm sure your dad appreciated it. I did 5 years out of state because their was no work here while my mom went thru chemo. Not someting i'm very proud of but I am back and going to see her this afternoon.

firehart
10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Go for ride. It helps me. My wife has diabetes and depression and sometimes its weeks before she gets out of the house.

fabiodriven
10-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Those may not be bad ideas- see a doctor or take a ride. Taking a ride always seems to help.

I feel ya too, bro. I have bouts with anxiety and depression (PTSD from being in Iraq). It does suck, but sometimes my anxiety will be subtle enough to push me to do things. I'll obsess over something for a while, then attack until I finish it. That's why my 500 has me so heated. When I first got it, I attacked it. Then I was waiting on the machine shop for like 4 months and the thing just sat. Finally I got my cylender back and I attacked it again. Then I hit another snag and it sat again. I would think about it all the time until I couldn't bear to think about it anymore and I attacked it again, and hit yet another snag. Now it's been sitting again and it's making me mad.

Other times the anxiety gets so overwhelming I can't concentrate on one thing. I'll be thinking about 100 things I should be doing, the more I think, the more my head hurts. Then after thinking about it for a while, I'll give up and not do anything because I feel overwhelmed.

The VA has been trying to get me take drugs since I got home in '04 and I didn't like any of them, until just a couple months ago they found something that works for me. Now when things get bad, I pop a pill. It ain't the best way to go through life, but it's better than the alternative. I just gotta make sure I don't form a habit. I didn't think drugs were the answer, but this particular one seems to be working for me.

Don't worry, bro! You are not alone!

Dirtcrasher
10-26-2008, 03:40 PM
I think allot of us are overwhelmed with projects. They you have guys like Kasey that raise families, work and build trikes like there peanut butter sandwhiches :lol: Whats his secret??

I think at times everyone goes through some sort of depression.

I've gone through it numerous times, hell, I'm depressed right now! Divorce, job change - love of your life leaving you for a lesbian - IT'S ALL GOOD!! :lol:

Getting help is good but to me it would be the same crap, here try these meds and go talk to this person, tell them your life story, what bothers you and it's supposed to get better.

I think life is filled with ups and downs, dreams and reality and struggling to survive. It's not getting any easier in this economy!

It does help to talk your issues out, but that does not resolve the issues. I'm told you just have to let go and move on but that is not an easy thing to do.

I have more stuff alone and by myself than when I was married. But, that still doesn't make me happy! My trikes make me happy, but as some of you may know, every time you run around something needs attention and then you get the discontinued parts and the overinflated shipping costs. So, sometimes you end up with 3 or more machines that are 75 to 95% complete and you just can't finish them!

I'm so friggin tired by 3PM from getting up at 3AM that the stuff at 7AM that I plan on doing when I get home, turns into laundry, house work and a few beers to relax... Then comes Saturday and your too tired to do anything and of course the weather screws up everything................

Great, thanks - now I'm depressed as all hell!! :lol:

brapp
10-26-2008, 05:04 PM
dude if you have anythgin that runs come on up soemweekend and get away from relity the offer is alw3ays open

ATC-Eric
10-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Im going through a job change, heavy bills, and money shortage. I have severe tension and anxiety right now to where my family is wondering whats wrong with me. (I rarley bother people with my problems)

I tell myself that I need to start running again, to balance myself out, get rid of some of the anger in me. Im lookin to get a treadmil for the winter. When I used to run all the time, I was really level headed. You feel great most of the time, mentally, and physically, and I had the chance to burn some of my gut off. It was really cool, at one point I could run 5 miles without stopping.

Do some exercising to clear your head. Gives you time to think, and seems to make the day just a little easier. Plus your back out on that market, time to burn that gut off!

Good luck dude.

phreakboy
10-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Well thanks for all the advice, it does in a way help hearing that I am not the only one dealing with this stuff. I may have to think about seeing a doctor after my health insurance starts in another month. As for exercising like ATC-Eric suggested, unfortunately I have a lot of issues that make that hard to do, bad knee's, screwed up ankle, chronic back problems due to a bunch of deformed vertebra in my lower back, Severe Asthma that has landed me in the hospital quite a few times over my life span.

Brapp, I may have to take you up on that offer one of these days, I really miss riding.

SYKO
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
hey man!! are you my twin? my back is frigged as well DEFORMED vertabre!! and a weird knee to! WTF?!! no asthma though but I got heavy Isocynight poisining though... and bad spelling!

brapp
10-29-2008, 09:34 AM
hell guys i had a roofign party / family reuion a few weeks ago loli invited liek 6 guys and abotu 30 people showed up. lol and in the spring i am gonanhave a trail ride/ trail cleanign party.

82300R
10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
haven't really read the other posts., but a lack of interest in things you once enjoyed is a sign of depression. been there done that. i have everything going for me but was still not happy. great wife, excelent employment, wonderfulll children. my wife made me an appointment with our doctor. she diagnosed me with manic depression. which run in my familly by the way. so after a few years of lexapro once a day ane xanex as needed . my life has changed. :w00t: just what i am saying is sometimes you need outside help to deal with your issues. it is nothing to be ashamed of . cause lots of time its hereditary issues and things beyond your controll. now if you are a victim of substance abuse . that is a different story. you have to eleminate that from your life an go from there. an want to do it. if you do not want to then you are not ready. this is just my opinion from my own experiences. take it as you see it.:)