PDA

View Full Version : New mxz 440 race sled!

motoman110
10-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Well my neighbor decided to get into racing sleds and went and bought this beast for 3 grand. They didnt bother looking it over or anything. Well turns out after they brought it home that the hole front crossmember (flying nun brace) was trashed and I mean trashed. Not only was that junk but the bulk head was cracked, one front shock was bent (new is 650 at cost with out a spring), ski had an egged out hole, and needed new ball joints, plus all the other various things a 5 year old race sled needs. Well I showed them everything that was wrong and how much just parts will cost and they decided that maybe they should just cut there losses and buy an 08 rs. Well he didnt know what to do with the old one so I just made an offer of 1350 and he said he would take it. Granted I knew everything wrong with it. He already paid for the crossmember ($230). Since you cant buy just the individual pieces for the shocks I figured that what would I lose if I just try straighten the shaft. Couple hours later, bing bang boom, presto a pretty much fixed sled. Bought it for 1350 and invested nothing simply other then my time and effort.

Il get pics up tomorrow.

Custom200
10-28-2008, 08:46 PM
sounds sweet. Always great when you can get a deal because of doing your own labour. I've come across a few of those deals myself

NEWDUCK
11-03-2008, 12:22 AM
What year of mxz is it?