PDA

View Full Version : Cant get credit???

russell56443
10-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Im Pissed!!!
I dont know what has happend to America but the economey is the pitt's!!!
I went to my local Fleet Farm store,applied for a card and was turned down????
I need tires for my AWD van and my Red and figured it would be a simple thing???
I have a steady income(Direct Deposit)Own my home($280,000)+,no debit other than one Chase card( that's not even maxed),Dell that's almost paid off and Pay Pal???
Ive never been late on a payment either???
What the hell!!!!!!!!!

300rman
10-27-2008, 11:38 AM
wow! they are sending me credit card applications by the truckload. i file them right in the shredder, one is enough for me.

The Goat
10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
get a credit report, there is something fishy going on.

Or have you been unemployed in the last two years?

DixiePlowboy
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
get a credit report, there is something fishy going on.

Goat's probably on to something there.

I went through an ordeal when my credit report showed that I had a real estate foreclosure. I've never financed real estate in my life or had a mortgage in my name. That same year, the Employment Service had me down as having worked for nearly a year 250+ miles away in Mobile.....which I've never done.

Apparently, someone else has used my SS#.

I'm still dealing with the effects years later.

ATC-Eric
10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
wow! they are sending me credit card applications by the truckload. i file them right in the shredder, one is enough for me.

Remember now, just because they send you offers of a $20000 card doesent mean you will really qualify.

All of that prequalified crap is BS.

hancadam
10-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I say be glad you can't get one.

KASEY
10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Get This... My Daughter Has A 790 Credit Score And She Has Been Turned Down,,,,,,

The Goat
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I've gotten them to raise the limit over time up to 15000 on my credit card.

Obviously I'll never put that on there, I just wanted it available for absolute emergencies.

Dirtcrasher
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Hmmmmmm, I thought the 700billion - err 1trillion dollar?? buyout was gonna fix this stuff?? :lol:

The Goat
10-27-2008, 09:10 PM
just a quick comment to clear up some obvious confusion on this board...the 700 billion wasn't directly dumping 700billion into the economy. it's more along the lines of 200 billion or so...even though they bought those businesses out, they are certainly still worth something.

and I think they will see dividends indefinitely.

Howdy
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
In the past 12 years credit hasn't been a problem for us. I have yet to be turned down for a credit card. Though I haven't applied for any in the past couple months ( we don't need them, as we pay the balances off each month ). How ever we did go into our local bank to see about a house loan ( about a month ago ). They didn't pull our credit report up, but they did tell us that going with just our banking history with them & our work history that they would do a 150k home loan without any problem ( average house around here is probably $110k ) . They say the credit crunch hasn't effected them at all. So we are out looking for the right property and then we will snag it up.

Here is a web site that you can get your credit info from for free: https://www.quizzle.com/ You can find more ways to save money and avoid getting ripped off at www.clarkhoward.com .

Another site is http://www.suzeorman.com/
Howdy