PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to play a region 2 DVD on my region 1 player?

Blown 331
10-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Don't laugh at the movie I want to buy but I want to watch Phantasm 2. Problem is, it was never release on DVD in the US or Canada, only VHS. Obviously you can only get the VHS used and I've seen them for up to $100 which is rediculous. I've also seen a DVD on ebay with no art work on the disc, so most likely a burt copy, go for $80.
I can buy an all region player for $50 then buy the DVD from Europe for like $20 but I don't want to pay $70 to watch one movie.
I'm looking into ways to remove the region restriction from my DVD player. I'm at work and I don't know the model of my player so I'll try it tonight.
Or if I buy the region 2 is it possible to copy it with my computer then play the copy in my region 1 player? Or is there a site where I could possibly just down load the move then burn to a disc? Or if anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

phreakboy
10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I just did a quick search on google for "Phantasm 2 torrent" and found quite a few listings for download. That would probably be your best/quickest bet.