pro desgin reed cage spacer
pro desgin cool head
lrd 300cc big bore motor
lrd exhaust
hinson clutch, basket, quick change cover
nacs water pump
the quad has american racer tires on it and douglas wheels
and more stuff"

what do i have to do to raise it back up for the woods?
he says the shocks can be adjusted back up. im not sure about that i never had pep shocks but i think they are too short.
he can only make me a bill of sale. aftermarket frame with a vin but he has no paperwork on it. this sound right? anyone have a lonestar frame out there?

damageinc2785
10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
by the way....i hope someone helps me soon this guy wants to trade Saturday morning.

Twilight
10-31-2008, 12:51 AM
To me, no matter what now. No title= parts bike here in WA. I got lucky and had some nice users, but now it dont fly here in WA, if your caught with no title/registration/paperwork, that means your ****ed and they take it away.

I will say this about the quad, thats a great setup for a flat tracker. If your going over rocks and bumps, be ready for some new skid plates. PEP shocks have NO adjustable travel from what I have ever seen. That quad, I would trade for my Honda Pilot, its perfect for flattracking and jumps, the woods? If they do adjust on the travel, then get some dirt tires and your set.

Mosh
10-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Have the number checked at you local BMV,See what it takes to title it,It shouldnt be a issue.

To set it back up,remove the lowering link and front sway bar set-up and shocks.Ebay them,and buy you some works shocks for MX/Trail,and get some 20 to 22 inch tires on there.You may not have to change the PEP shocks,maybe just re-adjust them.

But verify the serial number on the frame.My friend had a LSR chassis,And got it titledno problem here in Ohio.

damageinc2785
10-31-2008, 08:43 AM
i have to find out if it has a link at all in the back. some have that CR500 style shock with a no link

SWIGIN
10-31-2008, 04:39 PM
i think i see the dog bone in the 3rd pic, i doubt it has a cr500 shock.

i have one on my custom 350rx and it gives 13'' of travle....not the kind of thing you want to pay for then slam it to the ground.

again, i cant tell but in the first pic it looks like it has double spring front shocks....if it does maybe they just removed the third spring to lower it. (250r front shocks have 3 springs)

lift the front end off the ground and see how far the wheels drop....if im right the springs will get loose. if they dont you will have to open up the shocks and take out the internal spacers to get the shafts to drop farther down, and then get a third spring.

after market frames werent titeled but the number is there so i guess you could.

they come without paper work since its just a part and not a hole bike. the first thing you are going to want to tear off is if your not on a smooth flat road like surface is that sway bar.

250RNUT
10-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Paperwork would be the last thing I would worry about. How about losing 20 years and a load of value? 07 450's still have some worth where I have seen totaly worked 250r's for less than $2500. I think its a horrible deal for you but if you want a 250r that bad its up to you, Not to mention the money you have to spend to make a trail/motocrosser back out of it. Just my $.02

Twilight
11-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Paper work in my neck of the woods is crucial. If you dont have it and your caught, they take it away, regardless.

SWIGIN
11-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Paper work in my neck of the woods is crucial. If you dont have it and your caught, they take it away, regardless.

but the fact is that its a race part on a race bike......built for track time only, hence no paper work.

they do have a number stamped into them from the factory but thats just so they know when they built that frame if there ever was a problem.

but like i said a person should be able to use that number and get a new title

my HRE frame has no number, i asked him about it and he said if i wanted to get it lisenced i could stamp in whetever number i wanted and go for a reconstructed title.

i dont know about that but its a headach the aftermarket frame builders dont want to deal with.

smokinwrench
11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I am curious why you want to trade a new 450 for an old 250r? I wonder this because I have also very seriously been concidering getting rid of my 525 Outlaw and buying a 250r. I have been thinking about if for awhile now. Not real sure why then the the fact the 250r is awesome in handling and comfortable to ride. Also they are cheap to build big hp, now that I don't pull wrenches all the time it would be fun to start moddign another machine. Of all the machien I have bought, sold, traded I miss my 85 R the most so I have been concidering buying a TRX R and maybe a another atc R.

Billy Golightly
11-02-2008, 10:33 PM
when it comes to bang for buck you can't beat an old worked up 250R. Thats why I bought that laeger TRX I have instead of going for a new 450.

Twilight
11-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Did the deal ever go down?

ditchmud
11-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I've had an r and I now have a 450r. My opinion is that my 450 reminds me a lot of my 250r with one bonus point being that it's a 4 stroke. I like to ride my toys more than work on them. Just my .02cents

damageinc2785
11-03-2008, 10:06 AM
i didnt get this one im looking at another 3 right now
the 450r just didnt do it for me. i was so pumped when i got it
i rode it like 3 times and blahhhh. i get so excited when i start my 85 lt250r or my 86 250r 3 wheeler. it must be the 2 stroke gas smell. thats all i can figure.

damageinc2785
11-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I Got It
Siiiicccckkkk I Love It

Twilight
11-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Sweet, lets see some PICS!

damageinc2785
11-10-2008, 09:49 AM
im going to take pictures tonight sorry. i already switched out the front shocks. the rear is no link so im having some trouble finding a rear shock local i may have to order one. i also need to get an airbox it has just a filter. its crazy fast and runs like a top. anyone got any ideas on gearing? im going to be running 20's in the back its a 300cc coolhead race gas with a 38mm carb and lrd adjustable pipe.

damageinc2785
11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
here are more pictures without plastics
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/ls250r1.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/ls250r2.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/ls250r3.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/ls250r4.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/ls250r5.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/ls250r.jpg

Twilight
11-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I just orgasmed my pants

cody2
11-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I am curious why you want to trade a new 450 for an old 250r? I wonder this because I have also very seriously been concidering getting rid of my 525 Outlaw and buying a 250r. I have been thinking about if for awhile now. Not real sure why then the the fact the 250r is awesome in handling and comfortable to ride. Also they are cheap to build big hp, now that I don't pull wrenches all the time it would be fun to start moddign another machine. Of all the machien I have bought, sold, traded I miss my 85 R the most so I have been concidering buying a TRX R and maybe a another atc R.

How long have you had your 525 outlaw and what makes you wanna sell it?

smokinwrench
11-12-2008, 12:13 AM
It was probably the first 525 sold in Ks. Got it Feb 2nd 2007. I have had many small problems, magura clutch, a arm bushings, and sveral other things. Don't get me wrong the thing is unreal in trails and nothign can keep up with it. I mainly ride sand and now that I don't pull wrencehs 12-15 hours per day I would enjoy building another toy.

SWIGIN
11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
ok i see what they did to the front shocks....they used a long zps type spring (the tan one) to take the place of the 2 normal springs.

a PEP front shock should have at least a short white and red spring on top of the blue one.

the rear shock should have blockers or spacers inside the body to limit how far the shaft exstends down. open it up and remove them and it will sit right

damageinc2785
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
well ok here...the front shocks in the picture i just put those on. the original ones were very short. the ones that are on in the pictures are motox ones.

the rear i can take that apart myself? i have never taken a shock apart and i dont have anything but shop air to recharge it with. will that extend out for a +2 swingarm? i was going to send it back to pep, he would do all the work it needed to for that swingarm for $350.

just on a side note i just found out that is a -1 swingarm. no good for me its for sale anyone $350 plus shipping

SWIGIN
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
i know they are mx front shocks but the springs arnt right....those are VERY light top springs, to light for hard core jumping.
i do my own shock work but if you haven't i would just send them back

heres a pic of my long travle PEP's

damageinc2785
11-12-2008, 09:07 PM
whats wrong with them? you mean they should have another spring? i think they are just dual rates not triple rates

they are tcs shocks

SWIGIN
11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
250r always had triple springs on mx shocks...i have seen those with the 1 long tan spring, if your very light and dont plan on jumping to far it will be ok.

one thing good will be if it dont compress the top spring all the way when your sitting on it is that it will soak up small bumps great.

damageinc2785
11-12-2008, 09:37 PM
well can i just change the springs? i want a shock i can jump all over with. what springs do you recommend?

jason85atc250r
11-12-2008, 11:26 PM
well ok here...the front shocks in the picture i just put those on. the original ones were very short. the ones that are on in the pictures are motox ones.

the rear i can take that apart myself? i have never taken a shock apart and i dont have anything but shop air to recharge it with. will that extend out for a +2 swingarm? i was going to send it back to pep, he would do all the work it needed to for that swingarm for $350.

just on a side note i just found out that is a -1 swingarm. no good for me its for sale anyone $350 plus shipping

i would not recomend the +2 over stock swingarm for a trx250r. it will get alot of wheel spin out of the corners. the stock 88-89 lenght works awesome. you get great acceleration out of the corners puts the power to the ground better less spining like the Banshees do real bad.

damageinc2785
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
i get a +2 lonestar from parts unlimited for cheaper then i get a standard from them.
im not going to do much racing with this. more trail riding XC type stuff. coal mines of PA.

jason85atc250r
11-13-2008, 12:21 AM
thats cool. if you bring it down to one of Chris200x's rides in Hazelton i'll have to let you ride my 86trx250r it's a prp frame instead of a lonestar like yours. it has all the aftermarket goodies like yours. the plus 2 will help for hills but on the tight trails it'll hinder you some just wont handle as good.

not trying to sound like A hole about the swingarm just giving you a helpful hint.

damageinc2785
11-13-2008, 09:26 AM
any help is good with this. i dont know what to do i didnt expect the -1 swingarm. you got any extra stock length or +1's you want to sell?

SWIGIN
11-13-2008, 10:28 AM
well can i just change the springs? i want a shock i can jump all over with. what springs do you recommend?

if you think those springs are to soft just call PEP and they will hook you up using you weight and type of riding

damageinc2785
11-13-2008, 05:27 PM
jeeze pep just yelled at me on the phone for thinking about a used swingarm for the back. im scared to ask him about the front shocks

Yamahondaman
11-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Ya that guy could care less about the average weekend warrior or so called "C" rider ... back in the day when we would be eating in the restaurants next to Gust,Farr,Goodman,Paul Turner.Etc. Wayne "Pep" would be sitting over a couple of Tables eating ... That Crooked Eyed Frizzy Haired thing thought he was GOD !
Good Luck with your TRX :beer

damageinc2785
11-14-2008, 11:23 AM
hahaha i knew it. i got the used one. i dont have a unlimited budget for this. i got good used swingarm for $200 a new one its almost $700.

jason85atc250r
11-15-2008, 01:50 AM
you need a swingarm that is made for a no link shock. a stock one will NOT work.

i just thought of something if your measuring the lenght of a swingarn off of a 85-87 atc ot trx they are 1" longer then a stock 88-89 swingarm. you mite have a stock lenght one already.

Mosh
11-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Ya that guy could care less about the average weekend warrior or so called "C" rider ... back in the day when we would be eating in the restaurants next to Gust,Farr,Goodman,Paul Turner.Etc. Wayne "Pep" would be sitting over a couple of Tables eating ... That Crooked Eyed Frizzy Haired thing thought he was GOD !
Good Luck with your TRX :beer
Atv 4-play is like that too.
I once asked about buying the stronger reinforced upper J-arms for a Banshee he sells.

He was like" I wont sell you just the uppers.You have to buy MY WHOLE KIT to get them"

I asked if he would recharge my 250R shock....

He said" I AM A EXCLUSIVE ELKA DEALER! I wont touch that stock stuff"
:rolleyes:

I said OK...Thanks for nothin!

Those guys are only nice to people who come in and lay down 4 grand for all new stuff for 4 strokes...Half of them elite shops, anymore dont want no part of a 250R...
But Ironically,it was the 250R that they built their business on...

Nice 250R you got there! I have a feeling you will like it rather well.
If it were me,I would dump all that no link stuff on ebay,and use the money to put the 88 Swinger on it with a aftermarket shock.Same with the front shocks.

cody2
11-15-2008, 02:26 PM
It was probably the first 525 sold in Ks. Got it Feb 2nd 2007. I have had many small problems, magura clutch, a arm bushings, and sveral other things. Don't get me wrong the thing is unreal in trails and nothign can keep up with it. I mainly ride sand and now that I don't pull wrencehs 12-15 hours per day I would enjoy building another toy.

Yeah, I dont like the clutch any more then the normal ones, there a lot more complex too.

damageinc2785
11-16-2008, 12:01 AM
the frame is set up for a no link.
i spoke to pep and lonestar and they said i could use any swingarm from any company including stock.
i have the build sheet from lonestar it says -1 swingarm and the pep paperwork says -1 too. so im guessing thats whats on the bike

damageinc2785
11-21-2008, 10:15 PM
i got the swingarm today
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/IMG00071.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/IMG00072.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/IMG00073.jpg

Billy Golightly
11-21-2008, 11:42 PM
WHAT IN THE *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* DID THEY DO TO THAT AXLE????

I cannot believe they just torched the ends of it off instead of taking the axle out and it was probably just so that it'd fit in a box better. Un *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* believable.

damageinc2785
11-21-2008, 11:45 PM
the story on the axle is that it was too bent anyway so they cut it.
all the bearings in the back are tight. i called him when i saw it im like what the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* man thats crazy!

damageinc2785
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
i got my headlight and plastics in the mail.
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/IMG00074.jpg

NOS_350X
11-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Those are just dual rate shocks. By the looks of it you should be able to raise the front and rear of that with the shocks completely.

damageinc2785
11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
ok the shock on it in the picture ARE NOT the flat track shocks
they are motorcross that im going to be using on there. they are the shocks to raise it up. the peps are on the floor next to it in the last picture.

NOS_350X
11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
The PEP shocks are adjustable the same. You compress the spring and there is a circleclip that you move up and down to adjust the height.

SWIGIN
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
your right NOS they are both dual rate shocks but the tan spring takes the place of the normal red and white....this setup is not very liked....or at least by most mx guys.

his lowering shocks might not be 250r length or they more then likely have aluminum spacers inside to limit the shaft exstention making them lower.

the tan spring (tcs or whatever its called) is not as tuneable as a triple rate shock but if he is light and dont jump much he will be ok.

if he is heavy he will have a ton of rider sag with the light tan spring and have to lower the clip a mile makeing the top spring almost unusable and end up with just a single spring in a way.

NOS_350X
11-25-2008, 04:12 AM
his lowering shocks might not be 250r length or they more then likely have aluminum spacers inside to limit the shaft exstention making them lower.

the tan spring (tcs or whatever its called) is not as tuneable as a triple rate shock but if he is light and dont jump much he will be ok.

if he is heavy he will have a ton of rider sag with the light tan spring and have to lower the clip a mile makeing the top spring almost unusable and end up with just a single spring in a way.

Im gessing that the PEP shocks are STD length and he has a LT frontend.

Its impossible to tell what to set the TCS shocks to not knowing the spring rate or anything. Im also going to gess that the TCS shock is actualy a works shock revalved or sprung by TCS.

Dual rate shocks are just as common as trippe rates. You just wont see them on a A-level bike, Hell just get some Fox Floats and youll be happy as you can be.

SWIGIN
11-25-2008, 04:28 PM
the front end looks normal to me and the tcs are standard travel for sure...cant see the PEPs' but since it was a TT bike i highly doubt any of it was LT.

NOS_350X
11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
All the bikes i race agenst in the pro class are Lt in the front. Flattrack and TT bikes like LT too. Rember its been a while since you have been in the loop things have changed in racing and the setups they use are diffrent. Watch the EDT races they are getting a ton of travel and still low to the ground.

SWIGIN
11-26-2008, 06:28 PM
right....... but i'd bet thats not LT

Billy Golightly
11-26-2008, 09:10 PM
If your interested in turning loose of the TT parts (tires, etc) drop me a PM. I might have some other parts you'd be interested in trading for.

NOS_350X
11-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Billy what TT parts do you need?

i have stacks of Hoosier fronts and rears.

Billy Golightly
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm trying to do it as cheaply and economically as possible, but pretty much everything to convert a stock R into a flat track quad. The tires i have are only for the ATC500, so I need tires, and some lowered front shocks. Not a real fan of the lowering links for the front.

NOS_350X
11-26-2008, 10:23 PM
What shocks do you have for the front? stock? Dont use the loweirng blocks they suck. I run with my front in WAY up high, this gives me much better rear wheel traction. also you cant beat me on the holeshot.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/NOS_350x/IMG_4878.jpg

You can see the front sits soo much higher than the rear. i acualy get 3 inches of up travel and 4 inches of down travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MboAa62qJW0

Just find some cheap adjustable Works shocks or something. Whats the length of *Edited**Edited* shocks right now on *Edited**Edited* R? i might have a set of dual rate works here. What do ya got to trade for a set of 4 used but still useable Hoosiers?

damageinc2785
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
here is the only picture i can find of it when it had the shocks that came in it when i got it. they don't have the adjustments on them. they are really short shocks. the arms are standard travel +2/+1 i think
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/n1358820036_1835579_7666.jpg
i just got my rear shock back from our local shock re builder.
he did the same thing pep was going to do for $350+shipping for $40.
he said it will now give me 6 more inches of ground clearance.
he said the red spring that is on there might be to light. i need to ride it and see how it is. i don't really have a lot of money to spend on this bike right now because of Christmas coming. does anyone know if a jp racing swing arm uses a 88 skid plate or an earlier one? also what skid plate does the lonestar frame use?

SWIGIN
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
unless it was special ordered i dont remeber ever seeing skid plate mounts on aftermarket parts.....well, TT and MX is what im talking about.

look at your frame i doubt it has mounting points but if it would normaly they made things like that so normal stock or aftermarket parts fit.

i'll try to get some pics of what i did for a skid plate

damageinc2785
12-16-2008, 12:48 AM
i got the swingarm and shock in tonight. put on some offroad wheels and tires.
now im waiting on a new chain and a swingarm skidplate. the frame has one mount that looks like it could be for a skid plate. other then that it doesnt have any mounts for a main skidplate. just jumping up and down on the shocks they seem ok but thats not a good test. im going back to the silver plastics with a black headlight. it looks cleaner with the blue frame. swingarm went in with no problems at all. sits a little rear high but i need to adjust the rear shock still.

i got the airbox in too. do you think a stock intake boot will work with the box i have and the extension thats on there? i have heard that a quadzilla intake boot will work? anyone know anything about that?

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/dscn2514.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/dscn2511.jpg
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/damageinc2785/dscn2513.jpg

damageinc2785
12-17-2008, 12:54 AM
???????????????????????????????????????