PDA

View Full Version : How to heat your house the redneck way

johnny's X
10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
This is not joke. This is my neighbor (the one who brings the value of all houses down) He just built this shed out of old wood he had laying around. Check out the tarp roof. He put a wood stove in this place and is trying to heat his trailer. He is going to go through 20 cord to ac his house this winter. WOW... I hope this dump goes up for sale or burns down soon.

atctim
10-31-2008, 09:36 AM
I like the 3 satellite dishes and 2 rooftop antennas on his roof - CLASSY! I bet it smells good inside that place.

I don't understand WTF he is trying to do - is that pipe transporting hot air or hot water????

Wow man - sorry about your luck. We should start a redneck house picture thread BTW - we got some doozies out my way.

johnny's X
10-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah he is trying to push hot air. the pipe i bet is 50' in length. When I know the wind is blowing towards that place I go out and start a fire and hope that I can catch it on fire. Iam sure he would just drag another pos trailer up there. All around me are new or recently remodled houses and then we have this eye sore to deal with. Nobody likes to have him there

SYKO
10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
homie I would be calling somebody fast!! I had some neighbors move in down from me... and im usually pretty cool... but there places turned to junk quick... I being the nice guy that I am went down there and told them to clean that Shiz up or county is getting called for visual nusence....yea im like that

The Goat
10-31-2008, 10:28 AM
wow...

I, but... Wow.

Macs
10-31-2008, 10:44 AM
How in the hell will that even work????? The air in the pipe is going to cool down considerbly with the long stretch it has to make, especially with cold air flowing around it. The output is really going to be low anyway. Wow.

Tri-Z 250
10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't understand why the guy wouldn't have the wood burner in the house AND one in the garage? As far as looks go...I have seen worse but at least he cuts the grass and the yard isn't a bunch of wrecked cars.

firehart
10-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Maybe he's from the Ozarks.

johnny's X
10-31-2008, 01:09 PM
the guy is a total doosh bag! I own just about up to his door and all behind him. I came home one day and I hear a chain saw running so I walk out back and he is cutting down the trees on the edge of the wood. I walked over and said what is going on and he said O I was just cleaning up the line for you. haha I am glad a caught him on the second tree. I have already got in touch with the town when he first put it up. They told my there is nothing they can do about it. I have since gone to every town meeting and am trying to get on the board to get the visual nuicence past. I have had enough of dirt bag sheit. I work my arse of to make my house look nice and then people build things like this.

dickieg89
10-31-2008, 02:11 PM
that is why i support mandatory sterilization for stupid people.

Russell 350X
10-31-2008, 02:42 PM
I went by your place today and I saw that, was like WTF is that setup? What a retard.

Dirtcrasher
10-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Looks like a 4" pipe, not even B-Vent which is double walled pipe for exhaust.... Good for about a 6x6 room IF the heat can stay in it :lol: The 3 or 4 elbows don't help either!!

If he could get himself a 12" pipe over there, well insulated it may actually help out a bit!! Wow.... The things people dream up!

dickieg89
10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
i really like to see trailers with half a$$ed additions like that. don't get me wrong, mobile homes have their place, but adding on to them isn't really what they were designed to have done to them. I lived in one at one point of my life, so i think i can comment here.

Does this guy work or anything or just one of the many ny'ers that I support with my taxed paycheck?

johnny's X
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah the are made to get blown apart in a tornado and thats about it. Not made to be sitting near my house. Sorry but it brings the value of my house and the houses around mine down.

Erics350x
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe thats all he can aford. If it where noise or a horrible smell i'd understand your complaint, but.......

johnny's X
11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
smell... ok how about the burning garbage every sunday late afternoon! Yeah that is fun to deal with when you have family over for a bbq. I am not into a bunch of crap laying around so I have to look at it all the time. Its easy to take pride in what you own and clean things up.

factoryX
11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I'd understand if that is all he can't afford to put a stove in his house, but cutting down your trees? did he ask if he cut a few down or what?

johnny's X
11-04-2008, 12:43 PM
nope never asked. the dude is a total doosh bag. He knows now not to cut or touch my trees. I insure a large tree whole saler and iam going to have him price me on trees to cover my property line along the side of his trailer, this way I dont have to look at it

Mobular
11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
How about contacting the correct authorities to do an inspection? Sure doesn't look like that place would meet code for anything concerning wiring or wood stove requirements.