PDA

View Full Version : Who knows how to roll?

The Goat
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I very recently started rolling my own cigarettes. Kinda just got a wild hair up my ass the other night and went out and purchased a bag of Baliswag tobacco. It has a very fruity smell. And considering it's nonfiltered...it's a fairly light taste.

As of right now, I'm forced to use the dollar bill method, but it's a little too druggy for my tastes.

Tastes better, and a bag of tobacco only runs you about 6 bucks, and it comes with papers...prolly the equivalent of 6 packs of smokes.

It'll take me a month or so to kill a bag.

Billy Golightly
11-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Try a bag of Bugler, its sort of a light green/teal lookin color.

brapp
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
screw that crap grab a tin of copenhagen whiskey!!!!

The Goat
11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd rather drink a bottle of mccormick's whiskey that someone threw up brapp.

all dips are just overwhelming in taste. there was an all natural non tobacco blend I liked a few years ago...was quite tasty

cybrman
11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I would say if your serious about rolling your own then go to a head shop and buy a roller. Can't be too expensive, I wouldn't think but who knows.
Can't be too hard to build your own either, get a couple of dowels and some leftover marine grade vinyl from a seat recovering and then a couple of square ends with grooved tracks that the dowels slide in. I'm sure I'm not making too much sense....go buy one ;)

Daddio
11-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I used to be able to roll pretty well when I was much younger. I did a lot of traveling across country and was able to roll one while I was driving. I would steer with my leg. It seems pretty dumb now though. Actually a lot of things that I used to do seem pretty dumb now.

super90
11-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Just practice, I bought a big can of bugler for like 9 bucks a while back and just started rolling. Finally got it perfect, though I dont smoke anymore, only dip.

DixiePlowboy
11-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Try a bag of Bugler, its sort of a light green/teal lookin color.

...and less than $2 here.

Bugler is for when times get rough, though it's not all that bad.

Ryan.
11-03-2008, 11:12 PM
roll it like your rollin a joint!

gravelyman
11-03-2008, 11:47 PM
seems like to much trouble to go through to get a smoke why dont you just quit

Erics350x
11-04-2008, 12:46 AM

Easier said than done.

ditchmud
11-04-2008, 01:23 AM
A friend of mine at work buys tubes with a filter on them. He has a machine that pushes the tobacco in the end and then he has a filtered cig. try looking it up or check at a tobacco/ cigar shop they will hook ya up. It's pretty cheap and enjoyable smoke it just is time consuming.

By the way I quit smoking after 25 years by using accupuncture. The money I saved bought me a 350x for my reward to myself.

MyMistress86R
11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm a self roller now too. I started out with one of those cheap little slide style stuffers and it totally sucked. I upgraded to one of the nicer mechanical stuffers ($24.99) and it's great. It will do regulars, kings and 100s. I buy the filtered tubes that ditchmud referred to. A box (carton) of tubes is $1.97 after tax here and the tobacco is cheap too. I've been thru 3 cartons worth over the last month or so and have still spent less than the cost of a commercial carton. I just sit down in front of a movie every so often and rip out 4 or 5 packs like it's nothing.

I'm pretty sure the Moshers roll with a machine like mine too. That's where I got the idea...lol

The Goat
11-04-2008, 07:03 PM
as said before...I smoke quite rarely...in the last two weeks I've had about 12 cigarettes...most on one night.

That's down from nearly a pack a day at one point.

The way I look at it, if I die from cancer living in cancer alley averaging less than a cigarette a day....chances are I got that cancer from somewhere else.

having to roll my own smokes is certainly more of a deterrant to smoke less frequently, as it takes about a minute to roll one.

I still have a pack of Smooths, and a pack of Djarnum cloves for when I get a taste for some mint or cinnamon.

I doubt I could bring myself to smoke a bag of bugler. lol The stuff I buy is imported from either belgium or turkey and is quite tasty.

Russell 350X
11-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I always thought about rolling my own, but never had the ambition to do so, seriously thinking about it know, because NY bumped cig prices up to $6.00+ a pack.

Like Eric said, easier said than done. I've been smoking a pack to 1 1/2 a pack a day for the past 2 yrs, and have tried quiting about 100 times, makes it real hard when your working around it too.

MTS
11-05-2008, 01:08 AM
i rolled for the longest time, then went back to being lazy, found when your drunk its a pita...lmao...anyways start in the middle n work your way out ;)

Macs
11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
rolling tubes like stated before are the way to go. They are easy, cheap and are filtered just like a normal cig. I used to do that back in the day. But i have gotten lazy and just by my Malboro 100's.

Mrs.Mosh
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the Moshers roll with a machine like mine too. That's where I got the idea...lol

Yep, that machine is awesome. I think it was about $30 at our local drive thru.
I can get about 3 cartons out of a bag of tobacco (about $22 a bag) and a box of pre filtered tubes are around $2.
It takes me about 5 minutes to roll 3 packs of smokes.

I wasn't too sure how we would like them when we started rolling them. But, if I have a regular Winston now, it makes me cough and my throat hurt the next day. I'm not saying this way is good for you, but less chemicals than store bought.