PDA

View Full Version : Guitar players get in here!

Mosh
11-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I am just getting back into playing. I have about 15 years in this,and took a 5 year break and now I want to play again.

My current rig was a Crate 4x12 cabinet, powered by a ADA MP 100 Stereo 50 watt per side power amp.

I was runing thru a Digitech RP 10 Effect processor....Yeah I know vintage 96 model.

I have a blown 12 inch woofer now,and my RP 10 puked on me......Locked up,junk....

I still have a digitech GSP 21 pro proccesor....But I was thinking of swithing things up.....Getting some new equipment.....

I was thinking of just going with a Fender twinverb Stereo 2x12 setup and running the GSP 21 pro.

Or should I go with something else.....I want something High powered enough to play out on stereo..

Or should I load my cabinet with 4 new 12's and go for a Marshall/Fender 100 watt head,and stick with my Gsp 21......

The 4x12 cab is great,but sucks to move around......

I play everything from Hendrix to Mudvayne...So I need some versatility.......

What would you guys suggest?

Oh yeah cost is an object, or I would just go for a full on Marshall tube set-up.:(

The Goat
11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
...damned mosh...I'll just hang on to my ibanez with a 15 watt 8.

which I'm selling...I want acoustic.

Billy Golightly
11-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I had just started to try and learn and play, getting some of my chords and picking down before I started working away from home.http://www.espguitars.com/images/guitars/EX-50_BLK.jpg This is a pic of the axe I have. Its an ESP model EX-50 For an amp I plug into a 500watt Peavey and play without distortion or I have an el cheapo peavey cabinet for a little bit of distortion options.

Theres a really good guitar forum that helped me out called Jam Session, its www.jsguitarforum.com

Mosh
11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
...damned mosh...I'll just hang on to my ibanez with a 15 watt 8.

which I'm selling...I want acoustic.

Is it a Ibanez RG 550?

what does damned mean? LOL

I have a fender 12 string accoustic.Love it for just grabing and playing on,but my weak fingers cant hold the 12 strings down.Gotta get more practice in..

Billy,Thanks for the link.....I have been out of the loop for years....When I quit playing,my current set-up was the shiznit..But now it is probably like driving around in a 79 Mercury Zephar....

The Goat
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I think I have the 7321... I honestly have hardly touched the thing...I feel like I'm gonna break the "damned" thing.

SYKO
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I can play the air guitar....pretty good to!

DixiePlowboy
11-04-2008, 10:03 PM
For an amp I plug into a 500watt Peavey and play without distortion or I have an el cheapo peavey cabinet for a little bit of distortion options.

]

500 watt?:eek: :eek:

Was that a typo?

Russell 350X
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Most anything Peavy, Krank, Marshall, or Mesa Boogie is good for all around playing. I love Krank for metal, sound so damn good. What do you got for a guitar? I've been really digging the ESP/LTC F- series axes. I used to have a F-50, but sold it cuz I was a poor collage kid.

http://espguitars.com/guitars_f.html

BTW, nice axe Billy!

Billy Golightly
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
No, no typo. Its a 500watt Peavey. But its not a guitar amp, which is why it doesn't have distortion options.

DixiePlowboy
11-04-2008, 11:02 PM
No, no typo. Its a 500watt Peavey. But its not a guitar amp, which is why it doesn't have distortion options.

Just checking Billy. I've had 120-watt guitar amps that would cut your head off if you played them in too small of a room. 500 sure sounds like enough to change the rotation of the Earth.

Dammit!
11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I just had to sell my whole Mesa rig to buy tools for my new job. Sucks. I had that stuff for close to fifteen years. :(

By the way, the Mesa/Boogie "2: Ninety" power amp is probably the best tube power amp on the market. The Tri-Axis pre-amp and that 2: Ninety is what I used for a long time. Looking forward to replacing them as soon as I can afford it.

keister
11-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Are you guys familiar with this brand? The company is owned by one of the sales reps here at work. Check out some of his customers on his web site.
Looks like some heavy hitters.
http://www.bladeguitars.com/

I guess they are pretty sweet, though I have never seen one. Just wondering if you guys had heard of this company.

Custom200
11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I've never seen one in person...My favorite guitar i got is the 56 les paul gold top reissue...I play alittle bass and accordion too.

Mosh
11-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, being the cheap ass I am,I decide to repair the effects processor.
Took it apart,and found some bad solder joints and a broken wire.
Repaired those and that is fixed..Yeah

So I plug in,and things just are not loud enough. I Do some checking, and my "B" channel is smoked in my power amp...EFFFF!

So now I am deciding on either buying a new head for my cabinet,Or a 2x12 combo amp.
Either way,I have narrowed it down to a Marshall head(solid sate) or a Fender head, or a Crate head. Just doing some price digging now.I wont rule out a Mesa head,if I can find one in the right price range.

Oh The guitar I have is a USA built Fender Prodigy,with a Kahler(sp) Floating tremlo,and EMG 81 active pickups.For those of you wondering.....
It has been rock solid for 14 years now!

hadar
11-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I like Carvin neck through guitars. Real nice for the money. As far as amps go I have 2 sovtek mig 60's and a sovtek mig100b for my bass. I'm not a comi but I do like my russian amps. You can pick up a sovtek for about $400 used and that's pritty cheap as far as true valve amps go. They sound amazing for the $.

threewheelin-feelin
11-08-2008, 03:29 AM

billy all you got to do is go to target and pick up a $20 distortion pedel plug it in an run it thrue the 500watt peavey.. it will sound good...i use one with a xr600 peavey mixer