PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!! A good life turn for me...

MyMistress86R
11-06-2008, 03:56 PM
My employer just received my new Child Support paperwork stemming from the finalization of my divorce.

I have just gone from $263 withdrawn per paycheck (every two weeks) to $240 withdrawn per MONTH! I would have to say this is a high point day for me considering the last couple of years.

Whew...:beer

SYKO
11-06-2008, 04:01 PM
WOW thats a reduction! mine is 400 a month, but I dont complain.

Jason Hall
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Good for you Todd. Glad to hear things are goin better for ya buddy..

gravelyman
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
i have a buddy that works out of his house doing mechanical work. he gets paid about 95% in cash and was giving his ex 400 a month in child support she said that was not enough so she took him to court and when he came and showed his income that he made on "paper" she was intitled to recive 125 a month serves her right

chris200x
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
The smartest thing I ever did was pay for a lawyer to get full custody of my child. Now I dont have to worry about paying support. In fact I'm supposed to recieve money each month (which by court order she is supposed to pay)... but Of coarse I dont.. and I dont complain either. But if it was me backed up on payments.. I'm certain I'd be sittin in jail.

It's a tough thing to deal with. And I'm glad things are looking up for you... but you gotta remember it's your child to and your responsibility as well..

ChrisD
11-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Glad to hear the news. Unfortunately times look like they are going to get very tough for a while so any money you can save is great.

I am with Chris on this one. My wife knows that if we get divorced, I will fight her to the death (or bankruptcy) for our children. I would do anything I could for my kids.

Eric250R
11-07-2008, 02:04 AM
That is good news man, glad to hear it.:beer

The Goat
11-07-2008, 03:51 AM
yep, my peeps used to pay 1090 a month. Served him right too.

MyMistress86R
11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Well, prior to closing the divorce I was paying for all 3 of my kids. Then my daughter decided she'd rather live with me. So as part of the divorce, I got full custody of my daughter and my boys stayed with their mom. I got back credited for the 6 months my daughter lived with me before the divorce and then after the divorce, I continue to get credit for my daughter which offsets one of my boys...so in essence, I'm now only paying for one kid, but they added in 50% of the ex's healthcare premiums and daycare expenses, so it stabilized at roughly two kids worth.

Confusing as hell...lol

Erics350x
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
My brother-in-law pays $800 per month plus, house and car payments for her. The sucky part is she left him for another.

MyMistress86R
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah...most guys I have known are getting hammered pretty badly too. I think the difference for me is that my ex wasn't out to take me for everything AND she actually has a good paying job. In fact, the only reason I'm paying as much as I am now is because they used our 2007 tax returns as the basis for our incomes and I was making $14 an hour thru November that year. Now, I make less than she does, but I have to wait a year on this filing before I can have it adjusted to match my lower income.

I got to keep my house (and the mortgage), we each kept our respective vehicles, she had to take full responsibility for a loan I co-signed for equal to the remaining balance of the mortgage. Oh, and since I don't have health insurance available thru work, she had to pick it up but I pay 50% of the premium difference thru the child support. I even kept all the furniture and 90% of the household goods/appliances. Not a bad deal all in all, but still tough to battle thru.

MyMistress86R
11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
OK The saga continues...

I just received a phone call from the ex who had just gotten off the phone with the child support agency. She was informed that all the back credits and 3 different levels of support for 3 different periods of time and all the confusing CRAP we have gone thru over the last 2 years was FINALLY sorted out to its 100% complete end. In one phone call, I went from $2600 roughly in arrears to an $800 credit in my favor. I will be getting a check for a portion of it and she will stop receiving payments for a period of time until the balance is caught up.

I'm totally stoked that the arrears are cleaned up, but I really couldn't care less about the credit and now with her not receiving any payments for roughly the next two months, it's hurts the welfare of my children who are living with her. She is an emotional wreck about the whole thing and I can't blame her. I believe I will try to figure out some way that she still gets some of the money to help out with my boys.

WTF is so wrong with the government, civil and judicial chains that they cannot pull something off as simple as keeping up to date on case changes and not letting things get so out of hand that it's a complete shock to all involved when they finally get it right? sheesh

SYKO
11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
yea when all said and done here for me, my x may owe upwards of 10-15k or more... but how will my daughter be taking care of? I make 300% more then my X does I technicaly pay more then what I should any way. I cant stop paying her... but it will most likely be a few years before anything ever happens...

Eric250R
11-15-2008, 01:33 AM
OK The saga continues...

I just received a phone call from the ex who had just gotten off the phone with the child support agency. She was informed that all the back credits and 3 different levels of support for 3 different periods of time and all the confusing CRAP we have gone thru over the last 2 years was FINALLY sorted out to its 100% complete end. In one phone call, I went from $2600 roughly in arrears to an $800 credit in my favor. I will be getting a check for a portion of it and she will stop receiving payments for a period of time until the balance is caught up.

I'm totally stoked that the arrears are cleaned up, but I really couldn't care less about the credit and now with her not receiving any payments for roughly the next two months, it's hurts the welfare of my children who are living with her. She is an emotional wreck about the whole thing and I can't blame her. I believe I will try to figure out some way that she still gets some of the money to help out with my boys.

WTF is so wrong with the government, civil and judicial chains that they cannot pull something off as simple as keeping up to date on case changes and not letting things get so out of hand that it's a complete shock to all involved when they finally get it right? sheesh

I know it's hard to hear someone you once cared about cry, but don't fall for it, girls know they can use that as a weapon anytime. ( To clarify, I'm not saying your's is doing this, but be careful ). It does suck that it hurts your children, and if you really feel bad about it then you can always send her a few extra bucks. But if you do this, make sure you send her a check that you can have a record of, and make sure to write " child support " in the memo section, this will protect you down the road if she tries to claim that you wouldn't even help.