PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous garage service.

Custom200
11-09-2008, 12:36 PM
A friend of mine has a 1996 gmc 1500 ext cab. The truck is mint with like 130xxx kilometers on it. Anyway the tranny went and he brought it to a local garage. When they 'fixed" the tranny on the way home it blew out on him, so they wnet back and complained. The garage had some type of waranty on the work so they replaced it and only charged once to cover their screw up. He had the truck about 3 weeks since that and it's been working perfect, but Friday when we left school he was gonna give a run home the truck was gone. He phoned home and neither his mom or dad can and got it so they called the police. It turns out the garage came with a key they had cut and took while we were in class saying that my buddy owed them money!?! They "repossed" it (with no notice) while he was in school beacuse other than there its at their house, and they couldn't take it off private property. The cops returned the truck and took the cut keys and decided that the garage was in the wrong. Needless to say My buddy wont be going back to that garage again.

SYKO
11-09-2008, 01:37 PM
wow! scumbags there foreshure!!

firehart
11-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Do you have a better business bureau? I'd say call them and report it.

Custom200
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I honestly have no idea. it sucked really bad. I'm sure you can imagine the look on his face when the truck was gone

carscomefirst
11-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Grand theft?

brapp
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
i woudl persue charges for theift charges if the police returned it he shoudl be able to stillpress charges.

Nick_R_23
11-09-2008, 10:14 PM
+1 The shop had no right to make a copy of your friend's key...also did the garage themselves come get the truck or did they hire a towing service to pick up the truck?

-Nick :TrikesOwn

carscomefirst
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
+1 The shop had no right to make a copy of your friend's key...also did the garage themselves come get the truck or did they hire a towing service to pick up the truck?

-Nick :TrikesOwn

I don't think that this matters.I believe with out a court order, this would be grand theft. A shop can prevent you from picking up a car until your bill is paid. But, can not repo with out the proper paper work. They would have to have a judge sign off on a mechanics lien before picking up. If they had a lien then he wouldn't have gotten his truck back.
I could be wrong though.
Either way I would NEVER do any business with this shop, or any other, after hearing of them cutting keys.

ATC-Eric
11-10-2008, 12:54 AM
$20 says his tranny goes out in the next month. Then he'll be sol on warrenty work. Just the way things normally work, not suggesting sabitoge.

Custom200
11-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Well they got the truck brought ot a different garage. The garage said something like the first garage had nipped the wires to the mass air flow sensor while working on it. Yes , one of the employes came and drove the truck back.I don't know about the law issuse(not gonna but into thier bussiness )