PDA

View Full Version : My Grandpa sent me a picture of a little Aligator

Billy Golightly
06-27-2003, 10:22 AM
This is whats lurking around in the swamps of South Florida, hehehe.

atcpunk107
06-27-2003, 11:12 AM
AAAAWE its a baby. LOL That is huge

TimSr
06-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Wow! Overnight me a few steaks off that one!

J.D.
06-27-2003, 11:23 AM
HOLY F$&K is that thing real???????

speed20
06-27-2003, 11:47 AM
looks real to me!!!!

NebraskaTrikeRider
06-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Whoa that is huge :shock: :D

NOS_350X
06-27-2003, 12:43 PM
its a baby but if ya mess with its young ya might be askin for a problem mate (australian accent)

cmracer15
06-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Down here in florida we get alot of gators..most of them not that big..but come close. We alaways try and run them over on jetskis and thing..lol..until my friend put a hugeeee crack in the bottom of the hull tryin that one day.

Billy Golightly
06-27-2003, 03:08 PM
He sent me another picture, checkout these rattle snakes. He said a guy from Florida Power and Light sent them to him, I'm almost 100% sure they were taken from the big nuclear power plant Turky Point.

Billy Golightly
06-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Oops, its not at Turkey Point! I guess I shoulda scrolled down a little further in the email:

X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000

Just another day at work in the beautiful Florida Sun!!! A Florida Power
& Light crew putting in lines for an addition to the Orlando International
Airport found the following in a culvert they were using...

The gator is/was 18' 2" long. The rattlesnake roundup total 87! FP&L
shared these pictures with the local OSP Engineering team.

87 rattlesnakes, man. That gator had a good food supply
:shock:

ATC crazy
06-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Awwww...that aint nuttin mate...I rastled 113 King Cobras with 1 hand and knocked out a 25' saltwater croc' with the other.. LOL ;)

I'm just kiddin. That gator is huge. And them snakes...I'd hate to be the criminal who decides to hide in there. :D

Jeb
06-27-2003, 08:09 PM
G.D'd rattle snakes... Christ All Mighty! I hate those things! For me the only good one's a dead one. I'll have nightmares thanks to that pic!

My brother and I had so many run-ins with them growing up, it's a wonder we weren't ever bit. Going through a turn one time on a dirtbike, ran right over one. Running through a wheat field as kid, ran right across one big bastid coiled up. That's a couple instances I really remember. I guess they really don't bother you unless you bother them. We avoided them and really only killed the ones that were around the house or barns.

Fortunately, here in Texas we never had any run-ins with Gators. That thing is giant!

Jeb
06-27-2003, 08:20 PM
One other thing...

Check out the black gal in the pic. You can tell she's thinking about all them alligator bags and shoes and all that alligator stew! mmmm, mmmm!

Billy Golightly
06-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Holy Crap, This happened to me to me this evening, no joke I swear! For the record my name on there is Amos Moses, and Swamp Cabage is my cousin:

[21:04] Amos Moses: Holy trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro man
[21:04] Swamp Cabbage Man: !!!!!!!
[21:05] Amos Moses: O nmy way over to peters
[21:05] Amos Moses: and a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro rattlesnake sticks is head up from out of the defroster vent on the dash of the truck
[21:05] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmfao
[21:05] Amos Moses: holy trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro man
[21:05] Amos Moses: I just about wrecked
[21:06] Amos Moses: I ididn't even check to see if anyone was behind me I just locked up the brakes and slid off the road almost into someones mailbox
[21:06] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmao i bet you tested the brakes on that truck huh?;)
[21:06] Amos Moses: Jesus Christ
[21:06] Swamp Cabbage Man: what'd you do with it
[21:06] Amos Moses: I jumped outa the truck and grabbed the jack handle and tried to pin his head on the front wiendsheld but he squirmed out and went back in the dash
[21:07] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmao
[21:07] Amos Moses: so I grabbed a rag outa the back seat and jammed in the vent and went one to peters
[21:07] Swamp Cabbage Man: so hes still in there
[21:07] Amos Moses: I'm not finished yet...
[21:07] Amos Moses: so when I got to peters house we turned the defronster, airconditioner, heater, everything on full blast and pumped the thing full of amonia
[21:07] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmao
[21:08] Amos Moses: beat all around on the dash, SOB didn't come out!
[21:08] Amos Moses: So we went back inside and I told Peter I'm not leaving after dark, I'm leaving 20-30 minutes before
[21:08] Amos Moses: so anyways I leave and stuff, I got my windows down, air going wide open trying to get the smell gone
[21:08] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmao he comes back out again
[21:09] Amos Moses: yes
[21:09] Amos Moses: I get to the 2nd turn on our dirtroad
[21:09] Amos Moses: already getting dark, and I see the sob fall out from under the dash
[21:09] Amos Moses: he's about 2 1/2ft!
[21:10] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmao
[21:10] Amos Moses: SOB starts coiling up and stuff, and I don't even bother with the clutch, i just locked the brakes up and stall the motor out, haul ass out my door
[21:11] Amos Moses: he uncoils and is in the little rail around by the passenger door, so I grabbed the tire iron and tried open the handle so he could get out but I didn't get it open in time
[21:11] Amos Moses: so he went back behind the seats into where the back seat is
[21:11] Amos Moses: So I'm walking around the truck and stuff, and I walk back over to my side to call someone here to help me get the damn thing out
[21:11] Amos Moses: and I opened my door and there his head was right on the floor
[21:11] Amos Moses: I sprayed about 3/4 of a can of starting fluid on him
[21:12] Amos Moses: he didn't like that too much
[21:12] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmao
[21:12] Amos Moses: he got kinda coiled up into a cup and I then I got the tire iron and was scraping everything out of the truck
[21:12] Amos Moses: fan belt, cups, papers, everything
[21:12] Amos Moses: trying to get his stupid ass outa there
[21:13] Amos Moses: well, I empited the rest of the can around there and I ca lled here and got them to come get me, my dad drove the truck home :P
[21:13] Amos Moses: friggen a man
[21:13] Amos Moses: and I just seen that picture of all them rattle snakes in that culvert
[21:13] Swamp Cabbage Man: yes lmao
[21:13] Swamp Cabbage Man: you get him out tho?
[21:13] Amos Moses: everything I see looks like a snake now
[21:13] Amos Moses: nope hes still in there
[21:14] Amos Moses: my dad said he would get him out tomorrow if he's still in there, I told him he's not going anyways except maybe back up in the dash where we won't find him
[21:16] Swamp Cabbage Man: lmfao

Aie Aie Aie! I'm not a girly man but having a friggen 2 1/2ft nsake about 6 inches from me on the dash on the truck scared the poop outa me. Everything I look at looks like a snake now.

ATC crazy
06-27-2003, 09:58 PM
LMFAO :D :D :D :D

Thats hilarious....You shoulda taken the tire iron and smacked the livin shite out of 'em ;)

Jeb
06-30-2003, 11:15 AM
$h!t, :shock: That is a nightmare! !

One of our kitchen windows has a bush growing up beside it. A year or two ago, late in the evening I went in the kitchen and went to close this window. At the time we had a table by the window and you had to kind of squeeze between the table and a chair and the wall to get a hold of the window to close it. I started down with the window, and I felt something lightly brush my leg, looked down and there was a d@mn snake coming from under the table and heading for the screen to get out. :shock: !! I jumped backwards (I should have just been real still but it startled me)and the damn snake fell in the floor under the table. It's a pretty slick linoleum floor and he started freaking out and couldn't hardly go anywhere and he slithered up in the corner. My wife and kids freaked out too and when I turned around they were up on cabinets and appliances and anything else they could climb up on. I carefully removed the chairs and got them out of the way, then slid the table out of the way. I then pushed the bottom of the screen out more than it was (the reason he got in) and leaned a mop handle against the window sill. I then sort of herded the snake over to the mop handle with a broom. It took a couple tries but he took the hint, slithered up the mop handle and right out the window!! He was a pretty good size yard snake, grey & black colored and about 2-1/2 feet long. Too big to be in yer house that's for sure!! My first inclination was to grab my 20 gage and eliminate him, but I realized that probably wasn't such a good idea since he was in the corner of my kitchen. I did prune that bush by the window rather well the next day! He wasn't poisonous but I still didn't want to get bit by him so I didn't try to catch him.

I absolutely could not imagine a rattle snake in the truck with me!

Andrew
06-30-2003, 12:09 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol i laughed so hard after i read your story billy,i cant keep typing this,that WAS HILARIOUS im glad i like snakes and aint scared of them,but if i did see one pop out of the dash right in front of me i KNOW I WOULDA LOCKED UP MY BRAKES TOO!,im guessing trailprotrailpro never gonna leave trailprotrailpro windows down again eh Billy? lol